We've decided to do horde nights a little differently

AlyssaFaden

I love reading your posts, but that was a really long way of saying you're going to use POIs for Horde Nights lol

Well that will teach me to do "general discussion". thanks for the feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Rolans/moderator - you can delete this, thanks!

Well that will teach me to do "general discussion". thanks for the feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Rolans/moderator - you can delete this, thanks!

Please don't.

There is enough toxic and "highly debated" threads in the "General Discussions" that it is nice and refreshing to read other players "Adventures" in trying new tactics. I myself was going to try the same at one of the Factories to see how they fared on a BM night.

I had a similar experience with the Apt block but I am confident that it was due to a wandering horde beating on some of the cars in the underground parking lot that caused explosions and structural failure.

Please don't.

There is enough toxic and "highly debated" threads in the "General Discussions" that it is nice and refreshing to read other players "Adventures" in trying new tactics. I myself was going to try the same at one of the Factories to see how they fared on a BM night.

I had a similar experience with the Apt block but I am confident that it was due to a wandering horde beating on some of the cars in the underground parking lot that caused explosions and structural failure.

I tried a horde night on the Crack-a-Book tower POI for science once. I believe it was Day 56 or so. Count at 16. None made it past the 2nd floor. However, a couple blocks did fall from the rooftop.

Some POIs are effective and some are structurally unsound at best. Strengthening supports and surrounding with barbed wire,spikes and wrenching cars are a necessity. Even so some buildings just seem eager to fall at the smallest amount of damage.

Zombie pathing makes a lot of them unsafe now due to breaking through walls so easily and finding ways up to you.

It's nice to see that the developers have apparently fixed some of the problems that arise when blasting the lower floors of a skyscraper. In A16 such buildings simply hovered in the air.

I just finished a "Shamway Foods" factory quest to finish off the questlines. It was in a Cold Biome and it sure was annoying to have at least a dozen Lumberjacks smash through the lower doors and walls and batter their way all the way up to find me near the roof. These were just wandering troublemakers but if they can do it so easily on a normal day, I fear their abilities on a BM night.

Awesome that you tried that POI Poppa, I was considering that very one but with my current RWG, I haven't found one yet.

I just finished a "Shamway Foods" factory quest to finish off the questlines. It was in a Cold Biome and it sure was annoying to have at least a dozen Lumberjacks smash through the lower doors and walls and batter their way all the way up to find me near the roof. These were just wandering troublemakers but if they can do it so easily on a normal day, I fear their abilities on a BM night.

Awesome that you tried that POI Poppa, I was considering that very one but with my current RWG, I haven't found one yet.

I actually did 2 in it, it held up. Didn't look they ever got past the 2nd floor. Still, it was pretty boring to just sit there. My stream chat wanted to see if it would work. This was back in A17.0, things could have changed.

I DID find a set of 4 Radio towers in a block that I was thinking of Climbing to the very top using ladders and wood frames, and building a Spiderweb like platform and see how that fares. ( 4 Radio towers in a RWG map all next to each other.. I know, Right? what are the chances? <wry grin>)

(yes folks, I know that if I used the "Creative" mode it would be easier but I prefer the risk and reward of finding a solution to the problem the hard way )

(yes folks, I know that if I used the "Creative" mode it would be easier but I prefer the risk and reward of finding a solution to the problem the hard way )

Don't forget to pack enough plaster cast and pain pills when you do that. You will need them :)

Archived