White River - Tools of Citizenship Quests 1.2 & Multiple Languages

ShoudenKalferas

1. Fixed quest name
  2. Fixed the followings.
  • WhiteRiverToC_Spirit_of_Vengence: Revised vehicle and temorary assigned quest zombie.
  • WhiteRiverToC_Amelias_Gyrocopter: Revised vehicle and temorary assigned quest zombie.
  • WhiteRiverToC_Bambis_Bow : Added. (Sorry it was missing in previous release)

Note: We fixed all of quest name so please overwrite all of files to previous version.

Download
https://github.com/7DTD-JP/WhiteRiverToC_Rebuilt/releases/tag/v1.0.1

Adventure Quest uses a .dll Harmony Patch. It appears to be searching for all available quests, and that will include from this mod. Contact the Adventure Quest creator and explain the issue. Maybe they can filter quests to not include from other quest mod packs.

This mod cannot fix your issue as it's a simple, although sophisticated, xml mod that just adds new things to the game on top of what exists. Adventure Quest makes deeper changes to the game code, and that is where help should be sought.

32 minutes ago, arramus said:

Adventure Quest uses a .dll Harmony Patch. It appears to be searching for all available quests, and that will include from this mod. Contact the Adventure Quest creator and explain the issue. Maybe they can filter quests to not include from other quest mod packs.

This mod cannot fix your issue as it's a simple, although sophisticated, xml mod that just adds new things to the game on top of what exists. Adventure Quest makes deeper changes to the game code, and that is where help should be sought.

I will. Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

• 10 months later...

ShoudenKalferas 

any plans to update for v1.0? if not i can put a fork on git if you would prefer. ive been reviewing everything and have 90% done already. so far it loads no errors, bu there's always those little things that dont work properly until tested.  your code has a GNU license, but my only interest in this is to bring the mod to v1.0 for the sake of the modding community.  anyway, let me know what you'd like to do.

Edited by ALo (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Thank you JP for carrying the torch forward while I was away.

And THANK YOU ALo and ArkAngel (who are both now official GitHub collaborators) for picking up JP's work and doing almost all of the heavy lifting to bring the modlet pack up to v1.0 compatibility. We expect that we should be releasing a 1.0 version very soon.

Edited by ShoudenKalferas (see edit history)

• ShoudenKalferas changed the title to White River - Tools of Citizenship Quests 1.0 & Multiple Languages

This was more or less a "compatibility" release just to get it up to 1.0 standards. There's a variety of smaller things here and there that are not perfect or the way they used to be. But this release should be fully playable functionally.

Between the changes JP made previously, the changes ALo & Arkangel made, and the changes I made for this release: I clocked over 1,000 changes across almost 200 files and about 70 GIT commits since the last release I published out. So despite there not being any new quests, there most certainly were a lot of changes to get it up to par.

The modpack has done away with the 10z, 100z, 1000z methodology for tier progression and has switched to challenges, which fits better with the 1.0 vanilla. There's a new tab on the challenges UI and the entire page is dedicated to this quest pack and showing the many quests it offers, visually. It's fairly striking seeing it displayed this way as 32 unique quests, due to some quests having multiple tiers. This does also mean everyone who is used to the way the pack used to function is going to have to get used to a new methodology. It also means we're all going to have to kill at least one bear with iron knuckles to prove our worth to become a citizen. :) We also restructured the quest pack to have four tiers instead of three. This was mostly done to better align with the challenges UI. But we changed the wording around a bit so that you use your +Declaration of Citizenship card to work through some initial quests and then you are able to obtain your Citizenship card. There are now quest completion "tickets" (thanks FP for the nice icon art on that). You'll need a certain number of them in order to craft your next tier citizenship card. This does change this dynamic a bit so instead of obtaining the card from the Trader you craft the card yourself as soon as you have the needful.

I hope ya'll like the change to this. A lot of planning & time went into this, and while I most certainly in this case cannot claim to have contributed the largest share of the work (a first for me), I hope it clear to the entire community that this is done out of a love for the game and our community.

JP man, if you are out there, hit me up. I would love to make you a GIT contributor on the project if nothing else as a way of properly recognizing your substantial contribution. Perhaps if you are interested too, there may be opportunity to work together and collaborate on new quests.

Here is a SS of the challenges UI for the quest pack

Screenshot 2024-09-14 at 10.35.10 AM.png

Could someone please explain how this works?  I've tried both downloads one at a time.  extracted each of them, nothing.  Deleted all the files, then went into 7d2d Whiteriver Toc folder with both of them at different times and put all the files from there into my mods folder.  Nothing works.  I seem to be one of the only people who can't figure this out.  I've started from scratch 8 times now running back and forth to the trader and completing my first quest to try and kick things off.  I even have it set as my only mod.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
Edit:
I do see the tab and I can click on it, but there are no challenges on it.  

Edited by Draconuz
add extra information. (see edit history)

this one seems borked too, weird description. have paper and forged steel in inventory and no rally point on map

image.png?ex=66e9a5d6&is=66e85456&hm=59098e67852a6ff71780d55c7dcf96968c5067a58c9bd070a7fa4619b60e7da5&

1. can't click on anything, tried another trader same thing. Managed to get past it after few tries and click select

image.png?ex=66e96823&is=66e816a3&hm=0a9ee1a58beda4b4ce930a3590c6b33072bc5f57c9ab1b90dbe2d0e06050b3a8&

These are the feedbacks i got from the players. These quests seem to be bugged

Hello @ll

Deutsch

Ich wundere mich das es heißt Multilanguage.... und doch alles bei mir auf English ist (v1.0 B336)

Die Locale Datei ist mit den Sprachen ist "Shifted".
Der Deutsche Text inhalt ist leer und befindet sich in der Tabelle "Latein-Amerika". Der Textinhalt Latein-Amerika befindet sich eine 1 Spalte weiter und so weiter. Drei Kommas zuviel?

Mit DeepL > English

The locale file with the languages is “Shifted”.
The German text content is empty and is located in the “Latam” table. The Latin American text content is located 1 column further on and so on. Three commas too many?

spacer.png

greetings

Does this mod wipe out challenges in general except for the main white river ones? because if I load it first (0-), the mod completely disappears but if I load it last (W) it loads up and works fine but then will completely remove all other challenges except for the first row and replace with question mark icons...any suggestions? *****NVM****I found my issue - I am using an xml re-loader so when I reload in the game it fugs up my challenges - happy to see I can still use your mod! :) ******

Edited by ahtawulfa
figured out issue (see edit history)

• ShoudenKalferas changed the title to White River - Tools of Citizenship Quests 1.1 & Multiple Languages

Okay so the Bear Grylls quest had a bug in it that we missed in our testing! Sadly, this was a progression bug that prevented players from progressing through the challenges. This specific quest had two bugs in it, one that was preventing the schematic from properly unlocking the recipe (and some mismatches localization steel vs iron) and the other one was preventing players from accomplishing the challenge item, and thus not being able to progress to the next challenge tier.

So that bug is fixed, but sadly I missed the Localization & Spirit of Vengeance ones with the extra commas and will have to work on that one for an upcoming patch fix.

The 1.1 patch I just posted has fix for the Bear Grylls quest.

12 hours ago, Scharie said:

Snufkin’s Server-Side Zombies & Snufkins’s Server-Side Vehicles, both of them links you have up there are old ones? how would it work with them?

that was from me getting it here: White River - Tools of Citizenship Quests 1.0 & Multiple Languages – 7 Days to Die Mods

I tried to write there but it is still pending.

This modlet pack was created a long time ago (many years) and is being updated. Sorry for the old link. I'll update the link on next revision.

the no rally point on the map is an interesting on for the Bear Grylls quest as in our testing on our own server (with many modlets loaded) we noticed this quest's rally point marker wouldn't show up. But when we remove all modlets from our server, this rally point worked for us.

Thankfully, the questpack (as of this 1.1 release) is now set up so even if one or two quests have a bug for us to sort through and fix, it won't stop your players from progressing in the tiers and enjoying all of the other quests in the pack.

Edited by ShoudenKalferas (see edit history)

17 hours ago, Marty2Live said:

Hello @ll

Deutsch

Ich wundere mich das es heißt Multilanguage.... und doch alles bei mir auf English ist (v1.0 B336)

Der Deutsche Text inhalt ist leer und befindet sich in der Tabelle "Latein-Amerika". Der Textinhalt Latein-Amerika befindet sich eine 1 Spalte weiter und so weiter. Drei Kommas zuviel?

Mit DeepL > English

The German text content is empty and is located in the “Latam” table. The Latin American text content is located 1 column further on and so on. Three commas too many?

spacer.png

greetings

I will investigate thank you for letting me know.

Danke schön. Ich werde es mir ansehen.

On 9/18/2024 at 9:39 AM, Marty2Live said:

Hello @ll

Deutsch

Mit DeepL > English

spacer.png

greetings

I've confirmed I do see this issue only in the combined version of the modlet. Many apologies. I will work towards publishing a correct version.
Ich habe bestätigt, dass dieses Problem tatsächlich nur in der kombinierten Version des Modlets auftritt. Ich entschuldige mich vielmals. Ich werde daran arbeiten, eine korrekte Version zu veröffentlichen.

• ShoudenKalferas changed the title to White River - Tools of Citizenship Quests 1.2 & Multiple Languages

Bugfix release posted v1.2:
* Localization fix for the combined modlet that removes the extra comma that was shifting all non-English languages one spot. (Thank you Marty2Live for reporting this!)
* Rewrite of the Juggernaut's quest objectives including both the rally point and the entity spawner.

I looked at the rally point objectives on both Bear Gryls and Spirit of Vengence and both are functional for me.

Thank you to everyone who posted bugs. If you or your users find any others, please post here and I'll do my best to post quick fixes.