(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

Hello, currently try translate Darkness falls and your vehicles mod to russian and has some questions. Can you answer pls?

Big thanks for this modpack, high quality models and they worked on osx (a lot of other mods models rendered as pink on metal renderer).

1. Can i use more accuracy names of car brands like "Charger" -> "Dodge Charger", "Nova" -> "Chevrolet Nova", "Stallion" -> "Mustang" or "Ford Mustang" (not all russian peoples knowing USA classic cars) or it add problems with car brands?

2. What it "Junker"?) It is Germany bike from WW or something related to junk?

3. Why "Marouder" name? Some easter egg? Looks like monster truck

13 minutes ago, kolobok123409 said:

Hello, currently try translate Darkness falls and your vehicles mod to russian and has some questions. Can you answer pls?

Big thanks for this modpack, high quality models and they worked on osx (a lot of other mods models rendered as pink on metal renderer).

1. Can i use more accuracy names of car brands like "Charger" -> "Dodge Charger", "Nova" -> "Chevrolet Nova", "Stallion" -> "Mustang" or "Ford Mustang" (not all russian peoples knowing USA classic cars) or it add problems with car brands?

2. What it "Junker"?) It is Germany bike from WW or something related to junk?

3. Why "Marouder" name? Some easter egg? Looks like monster truck

1: Doesn't really matter to me. I just kept the names simple.

2: Just means it's a piece of junk bike.

3: Marauder is what the creator called it, and I liked it, so I kept it. More unique than just monster truck. It isn't quite big enough to be a monster truck anyway, it's just more of a lifted car.

4 hours ago, kolobok123409 said:

FYI those are trademarks so be aware that using them could open you up to legal actions from the owners.  Even if you don't make any money from a mod, the trademark owners can go after you if they feel what you are doing is diluting their brand.  That is why a lot of people don't use the proper names or use parodies.

Note I am not saying you will get in legal trouble, just that it opens up the potential for legal issues.

@bdubyahSorry I'm so long getting back to you. Real life...anyway, you were right about reloading after the console command. Worked a charm. I have another question though...sometimes when I find a statue and open it, nothing happens, no tone or further expansion of the SPIFSAL categories. (What does that stand for anyway?) Is this by design and if so, why?

One last thing, I've heard the voice the mutants use, (the "huh?") in some other game and can't remember where, (probably 'cause I'm old. )I figure it's some asset you bought or that is available for free, but do you know what other game uses this sound? It's driving me apesh1t.

6 hours ago, sandpaper600 said:

@bdubyahSorry I'm so long getting back to you. Real life...anyway, you were right about reloading after the console command. Worked a charm. I have another question though...sometimes when I find a statue and open it, nothing happens, no tone or further expansion of the SPIFSAL categories. (What does that stand for anyway?) Is this by design and if so, why?

One last thing, I've heard the voice the mutants use, (the "huh?") in some other game and can't remember where, (probably 'cause I'm old. )I figure it's some asset you bought or that is available for free, but do you know what other game uses this sound? It's driving me apesh1t.

They are only a one time use as far as that goes. So the first time you use one for each attribute you hear the sound and gain the point. 

I think that sound came from a pack I got on the Unity store. No idea what other games it may have been used in. 

2 hours ago, sandpaper600 said:

I finally figured it out.  The sound was also used in Plants vs  Zombies, oddly enough.

So that means only one boost per category? Other than glasses,  is there any was to push it further?

There are SPIFSAL books you can get as rare loot/rewards that work similar to the statues. There are also drugs you can take to boost it temporarily. 

6 hours ago, kolobok123409 said:

@bdubyahHow i can send you translated file. Or mb public here as text under spoiler?

You can release it as its own mod if you want. I have no interest in maintaining other languages in my mods. 

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon

Bicycle crafting/Vehicle repair parts lists?

Im just on my first playthrough of the wasteland mod and my bicycle was destroyed via a large group of raiders when i was ambushed is there anyway to craft a new one as not getting any option to although i have the parts?

Also is there a list anywhere of the specific parts need to repair the vehicles laying around...like a parts list per vehicle anywhere as it comes up with a picture but does not tell you exactly what the part is and im struggling to find out what they are?

Thanks for reading

Trio :)

Arramus made this document and I tweaked it a bit. It lists the order and parts needed for each vehicle. It will be in the mod folder itself with the next update. I may eventually see about adding it into the game somehow, but not sure how easy that would be. There is no crafting vehicles period atm, but I might consider allowing at least bicycle crafting. We'll see.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14TLikwtqMR0fqfo_cB68YRHy0-kpAEts/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=117719649771325100526&rtpof=true&sd=true

1 hour ago, ChrisG3771 said:

Keep getting EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object error. And don't know to fix it

Find your log file, and upload it to somewhere like pastebin. Link that here so I can look at it. You can find them here:

Log Locations:

From the game folder .exe directly: %APPDATA%\LocalLow\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die\Player.log

From Steam: %APPDATA%\Roaming\7DaysToDie\logs\output_log_DATE.txt

From Mod Launcher: <gamefolder>\7DaysToDie_Data\output.log