(1.0/A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

I have a question about some of the custom POI Ive been exploring

Running A21.2(b37).  if we are no longer entertaining discussion about this version I understand.  you gotta move on sometime.  I just wanted to squeeze more blood from the turnip.  spoilers ahead for anyone reading

Navtek:  I get to the room with a furnace for the vials that says is broken but repairable.  how do I repair it?  I click on it and it says I need electrical parts but I have them in inventory.  do I need special electrical parts?

Mutant Recycle Plant:  I got the the Mutant at the bottom and freed him, but if I click on him the only dialog option is "nevermind".  Am I meant to do something else?

I will get these weird aftermath effects of custom POI like the cathedral or the mausoleum where rock is literally filling the entire POI even if I try to refresh it with a new quest.  you activate quest and it clears the exclamation point and then says you are x meters from rally point lke you havent been there yet.  can these POI be reset at all or are they borked for the server map now?

looking forward to replies but understand if that version is not a concern.

8 hours ago, Colin248 said:

hey man! got to crafting, or soon to craft the UAZ 452, but the bundle included the accesories. turns out the vehicle does not have the accesories in its ingredients. ;-; spings instead. 

Derp. Yeah, I added those accessories kind of last second and missed that bit. Will get it fixed and push an update here soon. Waiting on permission to include a dll in the vehicle pack that will fix not being able to sell items to the Mechanic trader.

1 hour ago, Wormopolis said:

Navtek:  I get to the room with a furnace for the vials that says is broken but repairable.  how do I repair it?  I click on it and it says I need electrical parts but I have them in inventory.  do I need special electrical parts?

Takes 5 parts to repair. Can just use a stone axe or whatever.

Mutant Recycle Plant:  I got the the Mutant at the bottom and freed him, but if I click on him the only dialog option is "nevermind".  Am I meant to do something else?

He takes Master's head to hire. If hiring isn't an option I'm not sure what's up. Maybe there was an enemy around? Don't know of any issues with him.

I will get these weird aftermath effects of custom POI like the cathedral or the mausoleum where rock is literally filling the entire POI even if I try to refresh it with a new quest.  you activate quest and it clears the exclamation point and then says you are x meters from rally point lke you havent been there yet.  can these POI be reset at all or are they borked for the server map now?

Got any pics? Is this happening when you try to reset it for a quest? Also which POIs specifically? I don't recall WL having a custom cathedral POI.

Bdub, figured id also ask, your planning to update the vehicles so that each one shows the relivent upgrade attached to it? say the armour mod and such? think i saw you say something like that a few comments ago. 

4 hours ago, Colin248 said:

Bdub, figured id also ask, your planning to update the vehicles so that each one shows the relivent upgrade attached to it? say the armour mod and such? think i saw you say something like that a few comments ago. 

They do currently. Not every vehicle uses all the mods though. But most either have the plow or armor. But pretty much every vehicle shows its mods where possible. 

Morning bdubyah.

Hope this gets to you before your next update cycle for vehicles. Have a suggestion for Trader Mechanic, The trader protect area is to big, when you create a RWG it effects poi's next to it. Suggest you do what TFP have done and set the TraderAreaProtect value="0,0,0"

Hope this helps and enjoy your day.

Edited by nismo1969 (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, nismo1969 said:

Morning bdubyah.

Hope this gets to you before your next update cycle for vehicles. Have a suggestion for Trader Mechanic, The trader protect area is to big, when you create a RWG it effects poi's next to it. Suggest you do what TFP have done and set the TraderAreaProtect value="0,0,0"

Hope this helps and enjoy your day.

Did that. Tested it, seems right. It now covers one block outside the mechanic's POI boundary. Which I think is how vanilla is now. Haha.

Updated Bdub's Vehicles and the UAZ mod.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

On 7/31/2024 at 12:18 AM, bdubyah said:

Already answered you on Nexus about the Jeep and Humvee...

I did remove the golf club as it wasn't really updated in a long time and perks and whatnot had changed. It also never really fit in as it is a vehicle pack so I wanted it to be only vehicles. I'd bet most people never even used it. Haha.

Ahh, I see it now. Thanks.  Using a seat mod to get the top-down works for me.  But mod slots are limited.  I'll just have to better manage what other mods I use on it. 

That's a shame about the golfclub.  I apologize if I was pressuring you on it.  But it was the perfect weapon to exit a golfcart with.  You can't deny that.  I can see your point though.  With no progression system or loot drops or trader sales, you were stuck with a tier 1 weapon.  You're not going to stick with that for long.

Oh, one other thing.  There seems to be a missing icon for the Stallion display model.  Swhite.png?  I can't find it anywhere.

5 hours ago, SandmanSA said:

Ahh, I see it now. Thanks.  Using a seat mod to get the top-down works for me.  But mod slots are limited.  I'll just have to better manage what other mods I use on it. 

That's a shame about the golfclub.  I apologize if I was pressuring you on it.  But it was the perfect weapon to exit a golfcart with.  You can't deny that.  I can see your point though.  With no progression system or loot drops or trader sales, you were stuck with a tier 1 weapon.  You're not going to stick with that for long.

Oh, one other thing.  There seems to be a missing icon for the Stallion display model.  Swhite.png?  I can't find it anywhere.

Yeah, it was just easier for me to do that as it meant less vehicles to maintain overall. With all the vehicles getting proper dye support I cut out like ~15 variants in total, maybe more. Makes it much easier to update them when needed.

That was the old icon. I didn't really pay much attention to the block version when updating things as they aren't really meant for users, I just use them for the Mechanic POI. I'll try and remember to sort it, but it isn't update worthy.

Trying to use a custom map someone made, and trying to make it so that "Bdub's Vehicles (1.0)" mod works with it. I apologize, I'm not a super-mod'er and haven't been able to figure out how to get your new mechanic trader POI into this custom map. Can you help?

I am hosting a server on 7d2d.net
Using this map: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WWb5R-n2hkJY5-JLkgmh628elEgHj14k

I've gotten it so the vehicles load, but can't get the POI into the map. Thanks for any help. 

1 hour ago, EmptyStapler said:

Trying to use a custom map someone made, and trying to make it so that "Bdub's Vehicles (1.0)" mod works with it. I apologize, I'm not a super-mod'er and haven't been able to figure out how to get your new mechanic trader POI into this custom map. Can you help?

I am hosting a server on 7d2d.net
Using this map: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WWb5R-n2hkJY5-JLkgmh628elEgHj14k

I've gotten it so the vehicles load, but can't get the POI into the map. Thanks for any help. 

With bdub mod installed, just create a random generated world.  The mechanic base will spawn out in the wilderness somewhere.

3 hours ago, EmptyStapler said:

I'm trying to do that, but I can't find the Trader_Mechanic in the World Editor POI list.

screenshot of my mod folder with your modlet in it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IXp1aZGRBtaIIkTk1H1VgTlIT-4Z8GNf/view?usp=sharing

Are you talking about when trying to place the POI after hitting Z somewhere, or the POI Teleporter list? I see it fine when trying to place it. You obviously won't see it in the teleporter list until after you have placed it.

I think it would be fun and add a little humor to the game if you vehicles can somehow come with something related to the vehicle inside of it's inventory like the hostess truck can come with some twinkies still left inside. Would this ever be possible please? Thank you!

I absolutely adore your Wasteland mod!  Its been my favorite of all the overhaul mods so far.  I'm hoping you are planning on updating for 1.0 in the future.  

In the meantime I had hoped you would be able to answer a question about it.  How were you able to get around the number of drones rule?  I've tried to examine your code and I'm a bit lost about what controls it.  Is this something you are willing to share?

1 hour ago, CyBorian said:

I absolutely adore your Wasteland mod!  Its been my favorite of all the overhaul mods so far.  I'm hoping you are planning on updating for 1.0 in the future.  

In the meantime I had hoped you would be able to answer a question about it.  How were you able to get around the number of drones rule?  I've tried to examine your code and I'm a bit lost about what controls it.  Is this something you are willing to share?

Not sure I follow. I haven't really touched that. You can have more than one hired NPC, but the drone still has the same limits as vanilla.

6 hours ago, Tbubba31 said:

If I add the mod after I create the world will the poi spawn or will I have to make a new world?

No,  you need the mod to be installed prior to creating a new world as it won't have those new POIs to integrate into the world building process.

You can place them manually, but that takes some effort to do so.

54 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

No,  you need the mod to be installed prior to creating a new world as it won't have those new POIs to integrate into the world building process.

You can place them manually, but that takes some effort to do so.

What poi do I need to place in order for the vehicle mod to work?

2 hours ago, Tbubba31 said:

What poi do I need to place in order for the vehicle mod to work?

My mistake, those are not POIs, but blocks - I was thinking of Wasteland - easy mistake to make on my end since you didn't specify which mod you were adding.  The map would need to have those blocks (typically placeholders) placed in the game during map generation.  A chunk reset might also work, but bdubyah probably has more experience than me in regards to adding the mod afterwards.

When I add any mods that changes rwg / decorations / map objects / POIs, I always generate a new map to get a clean / accurate install of the new elements.

You can add the mod to an existing save if you want. You just won't get the Mechanic Trader POI. You can either gen a new world with the mod already installed, or go into the world editor and place the POI in an existing world if you want. But the POI isn't required, just a fun addition.

And just a note, my vehicle mod does not add anything to the world other than the POI. Several people seem to confuse it with Vehicle Madness and its wrecks and repairables that it adds to the world. My vehicles are vanilla in how they are obtained.

3 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

You can add the mod to an existing save if you want. You just won't get the Mechanic Trader POI. You can either gen a new world with the mod already installed, or go into the world editor and place the POI in an existing world if you want. But the POI isn't required, just a fun addition.

And just a note, my vehicle mod does not add anything to the world other than the POI. Several people seem to confuse it with Vehicle Madness and its wrecks and repairables that it adds to the world. My vehicles are vanilla in how they are obtained.

How do I craft the vehicles they don't show up in the workbench? 

3 minutes ago, Tbubba31 said:

How do I craft the vehicles they don't show up in the workbench? 

image.thumb.png.7093c43a19db43c492d8c52dabd0da48.png

They should show up. If you aren't seeing them you likely have some errors somewhere. A log would help.