(1.0/A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

13 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Think on first load I had some trader/loot errors. So it definitely doesn't work out of the box. I have those fixed I believe, and am currently working on adding some of the visual mod stuff like armor and whatnot to all of them, where it makes sense. Not going crazy with it, but trying to add some custom stuff in where I can. I also wanna revisit the tinting stuff as I have the shader TFP uses on their vehicles. I'd like to get all of mine using it if possible so it isn't so bad looking when you dye most of my vehicles. I also have to tinker with the seat/hand/foot IK stuff since they messed with all of that. Hoping to have the AIO pack ready for 1.0 stable, maybe all the individual ones too. Not releasing till stable though.

After i patched it up to make it have no errors, it still needs fixing for ground vehicles as the system for turbo, max speed and torque has been reworked. 

Also for some reason some genius decided to change the "Vehicle4x4Truck" line to "VehicleTruck4x4", completely unnecessary change that only breaks mods lmao

As for the traders just gotta remove the lines for the cloth and armor in the loot. Waiting for the update if you have time! ❤️ 

Edited by Black_Wolf (see edit history)

Yeah, I have that xml all sorted. Just working back through all of them adding some visuals to the mods where I can. Then wanna look at the tint and then finally I'll fix the seat and IK stuff. I save that for last as I hate it the most. Haha. 

When you are logging in, hit F1 and when the red error keeps scrolling, click the button in upper right that say Open Logs.  It should popup the file location on your log files.  The most recent file is a text file of your log to post here.

11 hours ago, bdubyah said:

I literally cannot even read that. Find your logs. Google will tell you how to find Appdata. Should also be able to hit the button on the top right of your screen when the console is open. 

Used Google to find Logs Path, never thought about using Google to find the Folder Location. Thanks. 

https://pastebin.com/Ak5ve7Ji

20 minutes ago, SheeleMara said:

Used Google to find Logs Path, never thought about using Google to find the Folder Location. Thanks. 

https://pastebin.com/Ak5ve7Ji

2024-06-25T20:05:44 57.837 WRN NET: Requesting rules from TCP (127.0.0.1:26900) failed due to connection problems (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

That's the only thing I really see there. Doesn't seem to be mod related. Not sure what that issue is honestly.

2 hours ago, King Sway said:

https://pastebin.com/VLpVnE6U

Everything looks good, except I cant launch world.  Everyone in this video seems to have the same problem. 

Grab RandomMainMenu from Nexus instead of Git. Closer updated the Git for 1.0 already so those won't work. Same for FullAutoLauncher. If you downloaded either of those from Git, redownload them from Nexus. 

https://pastebin.com/NiTy9TcN
Literally just slapped together an account to try and troubleshoot this, went through and followed all the instructions to the letter, made sure it was set to the right version of the game, made sure that EAC was turned off before launching and that the two finnicky mods that needed to be downloaded from Nexus instead of Git were installed. Far as I know I've never bothered trying to install mods before so I have literally zero clue as to what could be going wrong here.

7 hours ago, AnEnragedKiwi said:

https://pastebin.com/NiTy9TcN
Literally just slapped together an account to try and troubleshoot this, went through and followed all the instructions to the letter, made sure it was set to the right version of the game, made sure that EAC was turned off before launching and that the two finnicky mods that needed to be downloaded from Nexus instead of Git were installed. Far as I know I've never bothered trying to install mods before so I have literally zero clue as to what could be going wrong here.

looks like you somehow got the old 1.0 release of Random Mainmenu Background. Grab 1.0.3 here: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2120/?tab=files

Hi, i got a problem today, i play newest version game on steam, so i download and install the Wasteland mod everything fine until i got this error

2024-07-07T19:57:13 376.782 ERR Exception in thread ChunkRegeneration:
2024-07-07T19:57:13 376.795 ERR Reading mesh E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Mods/The_Wasteland/Prefabs/POIs/Prison_04.mesh failed:
2024-07-07T19:57:14 377.424 ERR Exception in thread GenerateChunks:
2024-07-07T19:57:14 377.424 ERR Exception in thread ChunkRegeneration:
2024-07-07T19:57:14 377.424 ERR Exception in task.

what should i do now?

On 7/8/2024 at 1:01 AM, Thanh Tuan said:

Hi, i got a problem today, i play newest version game on steam, so i download and install the Wasteland mod everything fine until i got this error

2024-07-07T19:57:13 376.782 ERR Exception in thread ChunkRegeneration:
2024-07-07T19:57:13 376.795 ERR Reading mesh E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Mods/The_Wasteland/Prefabs/POIs/Prison_04.mesh failed:
2024-07-07T19:57:14 377.424 ERR Exception in thread ChunkRegeneration:
2024-07-07T19:57:14 377.424 ERR Exception in task.

what should i do now?

First, you need to provide the full log file and you also need to be more specific about the Exact version you are using of the game and mod.

If your not sure where you logs are stored, open the console in-game and there is a button to open the folder.

15 hours ago, mat1k said:

First, you need to provide the full log file and you also need to be more specific about the Exact version you are using of the game and mod.

If your not sure where you logs are stored, open the console in-game and there is a button to open the folder.

thank you for reply me. the mod playable now! but i have a question? how i can hire up more npc, i can recruit 2 npc now?

Question about the mod (managed to get it working, thanks for the help!) But we are aware of radiation poisoning and as a group we have it managed.  But whenever we catch radiation poisoning, despite having t cured, we seem to be under a permanent health debuff that nothing seems to fix. What would be causing that?

20 hours ago, Thanh Tuan said:

thank you for reply me. the mod playable now! but i have a question? how i can hire up more npc, i can recruit 2 npc now?

You can look at the top of dialogs.xml in Wasteland's Config folder.

5 hours ago, AnEnragedKiwi said:

Question about the mod (managed to get it working, thanks for the help!) But we are aware of radiation poisoning and as a group we have it managed.  But whenever we catch radiation poisoning, despite having t cured, we seem to be under a permanent health debuff that nothing seems to fix. What would be causing that?

Have you died? Each death adds a small decrease to your max HP for a time. You can view it in the extended stats screen.

19 hours ago, bdubyah said:

You can look at the top of dialogs.xml in Wasteland's Config folder.

Have you died? Each death adds a small decrease to your max HP for a time. You can view it in the extended stats screen.

There have been a few occasions where we have, but it seemed mostly to be an issue whenever we were irradiated, got poisoning, healed and still noticed the health was missing.

We're also running into another issue that we're not sure though is with the mod itself or the game itself beginning to break. But now on many occasions with POIs and missions to clear them out (namely tier V's), the POI will not fully regenerate, entire chunks of it will be missing, and it seems to be primarily with I myself the host not being able to see them and even being able to fall through the world itself.
Attempted to upload a photo via the 'insert image from URL' but wouldn't let me, but a photo is here for context.
https://imgur.com/a/EsOKfhv

Edited by AnEnragedKiwi
Giving photo for context of listed glitch, potentially related to mod? (see edit history)

1 hour ago, AnEnragedKiwi said:

We're also running into another issue that we're not sure though is with the mod itself or the game itself beginning to break. But now on many occasions with POIs and missions to clear them out (namely tier V's), the POI will not fully regenerate, entire chunks of it will be missing, and it seems to be primarily with I myself the host not being able to see them and even being able to fall through the world itself.

Hmm. When this happens, if you can go into dm mode, hit F3, and then check the PLY box that shows player buffs and cvars and screenshot that it may show me what's going on.

1 hour ago, AnEnragedKiwi said:

Yeah, this has been an issue for a while, and I just recently discovered the root cause is the corpse blocks. I think what happens is if you leave corpse blocks behind and try and reset a POI, if a corpse block blocks a sleeper or maybe a loot container from respawning, it breaks everything. I reported it and it was confirmed, but no idea if it has been fixed in 1.0 yet. For A21, it just kinda is what it is. If I had known the cause earlier I may have tried to work around it, but hoping 1.0 solves it for me. If not, then I'll figure something out. All I can say is try and clean up as you go.

I LOVE your BUGGY and MD500 Copter, Will you be updating these for 1.0  anytime soon, Me and my Friends I play with always use it, the Golf Cart is also pretty cool.  

On 6/22/2024 at 7:22 PM, bdubyah said:

My current plan is to get the vehicles updated first, since I now get to add visual mod stuff to all of them. Wasteland will come after since I have to wait on the other mods to get going anyway. Vehicles will come out hopefully as soon as 1.0 goes stable, assuming I get all of them done. I expect to since we have a month.

For Wasteland, I am currently planning to move back to something closer to A20 with perks unlocking things, schematics being a thing still, etc. The crafting mags is just something I don't like after looking at it for an entire alpha. Plus tons of other things I have to figure out. So don't expect Wasteland 1.0 to be coming when stable hits, it will likely be a decent bit after. Have some patience. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • bdubyah changed the title to (1.0/A21) bdubyah's modlets
Posted (edited)

Alright, I swapped the vehicle pack back to GitLab, so links are updated. Also, all the individual vehicle mods are now updated, but the ones linked in the OP are waiting on the edit to be approved, so they won't show yet. All separate posts here for them should have their links updated, but you can grab them here, or on Nexus.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

First of all, I just want to extend my thanks for your continuing support of this very enjoyable mod.  It's easily one of my top favorites.  With that being said, some of my preferred modes of transportation are the MD500, Pickup truck, dirt bike and the Jeep.  Particularly the topless version.  But I noticed in the latest release, the topless Jeep and topless Humvee are both missing.  Are there any plans to bring them back?  Or maybe have a mod that adds or removes a hard top for them?

Also, I noticed the golfclub is missing this time around as well.  Some of my fondest times is cruising around the neighborhood in a golf cart looking for loot, when in a moment of road rage, run over a jay walking zed, get out and bludgeon them with a golfclub.  lol.

4 hours ago, SandmanSA said:

First of all, I just want to extend my thanks for your continuing support of this very enjoyable mod.  It's easily one of my top favorites.  With that being said, some of my preferred modes of transportation are the MD500, Pickup truck, dirt bike and the Jeep.  Particularly the topless version.  But I noticed in the latest release, the topless Jeep and topless Humvee are both missing.  Are there any plans to bring them back?  Or maybe have a mod that adds or removes a hard top for them?

Also, I noticed the golfclub is missing this time around as well.  Some of my fondest times is cruising around the neighborhood in a golf cart looking for loot, when in a moment of road rage, run over a jay walking zed, get out and bludgeon them with a golfclub.  lol.

Already answered you on Nexus about the Jeep and Humvee...

I did remove the golf club as it wasn't really updated in a long time and perks and whatnot had changed. It also never really fit in as it is a vehicle pack so I wanted it to be only vehicles. I'd bet most people never even used it. Haha.

First Love your MOD, specially the Buggy and MD-500, I would LOVE to see a Trailer for the Semi or even a Large Box truck that you could Upgrade /MOD with Campfires, Sleeping bag, Workbenchs and Storage Boxes.  for a Roaming Base playthrough. (Give it Workstation Mod Slots on Trailer and ability to craft a Workstation MOD if we have the skill for a normal workstation of that kind, Give it a Huge storage Box or like the Drobe Upgradable storage to increase the limit with Storage modules. ... maybe a side door or back open with ladder beside it, 2 blocks from ground we can jump on to and enter 

7 hours ago, Pearlay said:

First Love your MOD, specially the Buggy and MD-500, I would LOVE to see a Trailer for the Semi or even a Large Box truck that you could Upgrade /MOD with Campfires, Sleeping bag, Workbenchs and Storage Boxes.  for a Roaming Base playthrough. (Give it Workstation Mod Slots on Trailer and ability to craft a Workstation MOD if we have the skill for a normal workstation of that kind, Give it a Huge storage Box or like the Drobe Upgradable storage to increase the limit with Storage modules. ... maybe a side door or back open with ladder beside it, 2 blocks from ground we can jump on to and enter 

Should look up IDC's Nomad mod on Nexus.