solar cells

UbberN00ber

solar bank with 6 grade 6 cells produce 180W how can that be increased i changed the solarbank in blocks to 300 but still get 180

<block name="solarbank">

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>

<property name="Class" value="SolarPanel"/>

<property name="Material" value="Mmetal_weak"/>

<property name="StabilitySupport" value="false"/>

<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>

<property name="Mesh" value="models"/>

<property name="Path" value="solid"/>

<property name="Model" value="Entities/Electrical/solar_panelPrefab"/>

<property name="DisplayType" value="blockElectricalMulti" />

<property name="MultiBlockDim" value="4,1,1"/>

<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted"/>

<property name="OnlySimpleRotations" value="true"/>

<property name="ImposterExchange" value="imposterRamp" param1="18"/>

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="powerSourceDesc"/>

<property name="OutputPerStack" value="30"/>

<property name="SlotItem" value="solarCell"/>

<property name="MaxPower" value="300"/>

<property name="Group" value="Science"/>

• 1 month later...

Xyth is right it is definitely the OutPerStack value, its what I have been using in my Powerseries 1 mod..

Instead of increasing the OutputPerStack, how can we add more slots to add more cells?

I have been trying to make this work and kind of can but run into a snag....

with this code=

<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowPowerSourceSlots']/rect[@name='content']/grid[@name='inventory']/@rows">3</set>

we effectively change the amount of slots in each of the blocks that are power genererators. Which is good but the problem starts with pressing shift and clicking on your given power input item... so its engine it will move over into the slot in the generator for 6 of them, but on the 7th it refuses, you have to drag the engine over manually.. all is good (sometimes it does update themax output unless you fill the 3 extra slots first.)

Then if you lay place a new power generator of any sort the last 3 slots will be filled with those engines even though they shouldn't exist.

If you click on one of these dupe engines you get a null stating that item or slot is out of range

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
 at (wrapper stelemref) object:stelemref (object,intptr,object)
 at XUiC_ItemStackGrid.HandleSlotChangedEvent (Int32 slotNumber, .ItemStack stack) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_ItemStack.set_ItemStack (.ItemStack value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_ItemStack.HandleMoveToPreferredLocation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_ItemStack.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiController.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_PowerSourceSlots.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_PowerSourceWindowGroup.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (Single updateDeltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiUpdater.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Generator

A17.2_2019-03-21_19-42-25.jpg.7f939bca333344bbe440b09e6e637fbe.jpg

Solar Bank

A17.2_2019-03-21_19-44-14.jpg.ca2e1833e0c76c5c2ab27b18381668eb.jpg

• 10 months later...

I've run into the same problem. This feels like a controller issue though. Doing this would work in A16, with a little hickup, but this one seems absolutely broken. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the fun pimps decided to hide access to the controllers. I've been looking to change tactics. The idea is to add skills books that would unlock higher levels of power. Of course that has been melting my brain, so I've not completely worked it out yet.

The 'Array index is out of range' says that they set it at a particular length and can't be easily changed. Hell, that might be a dll change. I'd say that simply adding more slots won't work.

Archived