Bleeding...

Morloc

When the same zombie has forced you to use a fourth bandage I have to wonder....there's bleeding and then there's BLEEDING. I get why every hit should have the potential to cause bleeding, but could you please consider a scale on the wounds?

(e.g.)...

1) Nick = 1-5 seconds

2) Cut = 5-10 seconds

3) Gash = 10-30 seconds

We'd need an indicator showing how bad the bleeding is (which of the three categories, perhaps a picture buff, not a timer).

You'd have to decide whether it was worth it given your current circumstances to bandage a wound, but not every whack would cause the current significant (and annoying) bleeding we see.

-Morloc

Bleeding, sometimes I just spam 1 bandage after another (bleed=>bandage=>bleed=>bandage, no time to fight lol :D) and I always carry at least 2 stacks of first aid bandages when going to a larger POI. I hope that this will be changed. I would like getting mostly nicks from zombies, since they dont have any weapons and how could they cause heavy bleeding by just slapping me, while I am wearing full body armor? So maybe a way lower bleed unless I will get mauled by a bear / bitten by a dog? It would be nice ...

Huh this thread went 2 posts without anyone telling OP to "git gud", "rollback to A15" or "go play Minecraft". That's a pretty good start.

I actually really like the idea of different tiers of bleeding. While stacking armour pieces does slightly increase bleeding resistance, I'd like to see immunity to the lower tiers of bleeding once you're over a certain armour threshold, while the deadlier bleeds can only be inflicted by actually threatening enemies.

+1

Maybe a stackable bleeding buff? Going up to 10 stacks with a chance basic zombies giving you 1 stack, wights/dogs/.. 3 and bear giving 3-5? With some armor reduction, reducing chance of bleeding. This could be cool and kind of realistic, since you can bleed from several wounds and 10 or more nicks could be serious.

• 2 weeks later...

Bleeding right now is a bit over zealous as it's implemented. The wearing of armor should greatly mitigate bleed chance until that armor looses it's health/integrity and can no longer protect you. Most of the damage should come from battering on healthy armored parts as well as a lesser chance to bleed/batter on unarmored exposed areas. Exposed area damage should be mitigated by player level and experience with using armor since a skilled armored person knows how to use their armor much more effectively to protect exposed areas as well use it offensively.

• 2 weeks later...
...it's irritating...

Anything to get around the irritating part is what I'm looking for ;)

It's hard for me to imagine a real fight where I'm putting bandages while shooting, dodging etc. If you got a bad injury, you'd want to leave combat to tend to it, but it probably shouldn't have a major impact on a single fight (short of a mortal wound)....it's ignoring it afterward that'd get you in trouble with blood-loss and the possibility of infection.

-Morloc

A new idea popped into my mind. Why not:

- change the duration of the bleeding to last really long (longer if bleeding stacks)

- lower damage dealt (so you can postpone bandaging, unless it's really severe)

- greatly increase time of using bandages, medkits, etc. (perhaps not pills, but exclude them from curing bleeding)

- change so that each 1-5 mintes you have a rising chance of being infected, instead of being infected without any "bleeding wounds"

This way we can bleed slowly for a long time, although it might result in infection and need to take a breather to bandage wounds (without split second wound healing). A bit more realistic, although i don't know how it would fit with regaining max HP.

When the same zombie has forced you to use a fourth bandage I have to wonder....there's bleeding and then there's BLEEDING. I get why every hit should have the potential to cause bleeding, but could you please consider a scale on the wounds?

(e.g.)...

1) Nick = 1-5 seconds

2) Cut = 5-10 seconds

3) Gash = 10-30 seconds

We'd need an indicator showing how bad the bleeding is (which of the three categories, perhaps a picture buff, not a timer).

You'd have to decide whether it was worth it given your current circumstances to bandage a wound, but not every whack would cause the current significant (and annoying) bleeding we see.

-Morloc

I'm more concerned you are getting hit 4 times by the same zombie.

1) Nick = 1-5 seconds

2) Cut = 5-10 seconds

3) Gash = 10-30 seconds

a Nick would be a waste of time even selecting and using a bandage.

As for how to differentiate, there is already a color scheme for disease stages.

A new idea popped into my mind. Why not:

- change the duration of the bleeding to last really long (longer if bleeding stacks)

- lower damage dealt (so you can postpone bandaging, unless it's really severe)

- greatly increase time of using bandages, medkits, etc. (perhaps not pills, but exclude them from curing bleeding)

- change so that each 1-5 mintes you have a rising chance of being infected, instead of being infected without any "bleeding wounds"

This way we can bleed slowly for a long time, although it might result in infection and need to take a breather to bandage wounds (without split second wound healing). A bit more realistic, although i don't know how it would fit with regaining max HP.

I came out with similar idea earlier and I think it's good compromise and it would be much less irritating. And let's get rid of this blood and blur while bleeding, I know that it makes you feel pressure to use bandage, but it's also very disturbing, if it was less intense it would be ok, maybe less blood and no blur.

The bleeding in a17 is completely ridiculous, almost every hit causes bleeding. it was very noticeable and not a good mechanic because it bleeds your max HP as well. i'm wearing full steel armor lol and i'm still bleeding all the time

i hope they nerf it

Archived