3rdshift server side mod

grrmisfit

new Main page located at https://confluence.catalysm.net/display/3SM

Simple mod with a few neat features:

Bad item detection will scan players bags and tool belts for items normal players should not have like admin tools. Default is admin tools, but list can be adjusted via console. You can also adjust the level to ignore, default is 0.

baditems.png

Scout detection: alerts players to screamers and direction they are heading from.

screamer.png

My favorite is deadly air drops, born from ideas in csmm discord, air drops can now have a random chance to spawn a set number of zombies on players as they approach supply crates. All settings are adjustable via console, feral and radiated are not used but can be set in a custom list in mod folder.

ambush.png

Small feature call tspy allows admins to teleport to 50m away from a player so they may go underground after to watch suspect players.

Use help cbi sd tspy or ddrop for more info. Allocs is all that is required for most but deadly air drops, cpm is needed for that.

Requirements Allocs server fixes

CPM

Download: http://3rdshifters.org/3rdshift3.1.rar

installation: download and unrar then upload the 3rdshift folder to the servers Mods folder

Love deadly air drops. Too bad the airdrop's loot is so crappy for the efforts....lol!

BTW, would it be possible to tie the number of spawned zombies to gamestage? Lower levels would just have a few, and higher levels would have a few more, I'd think.

or maybe the number of zombies spawned can be added to the xml for player adjustment?

Question: Shouldn't the folders you use for the mod folder be called something like 3rdShift Deadly Airdrops for consistancy?

Also along that line of thinking, should the deadly airdrop xml be in a config folder like other modlets, or does your dll call it from its own folder?

I replaced the zombies with the standard list to see how it is initially. Early game a feral screamer seems over balanced.

Love deadly air drops. Too bad the airdrop's loot is so crappy for the efforts....lol!

BTW, would it be possible to tie the number of spawned zombies to gamestage? Lower levels would just have a few, and higher levels would have a few more, I'd think.

something im working on and was original idea. the final thought was it uses only basic zombies( no feral or radiated) and becuase of the crappy loot most players who would get those zombies dont really chase air drops anyways.

or maybe the number of zombies spawned can be added to the xml for player adjustment?

this can be done via the console commands. i may add a command to just change zombie count but now its just the full line of ddrop chance(number from 1-100) default or custom(which zombies to use) zcount(number of zombies to spawn)

Question: Shouldn't the folders you use for the mod folder be called something like 3rdShift Deadly Airdrops for consistancy?

the mod started with just the bad item check and was born on my server 3rdshifters so i named it after that.

Also along that line of thinking, should the deadly airdrop xml be in a config folder like other modlets, or does your dll call it from its own folder?

calls it from its own folder, did this so it was easier for newer users to find

I replaced the zombies with the standard list to see how it is initially. Early game a feral screamer seems over balanced.

sorry for late reply, wasnt getting notifications on this thread for some reason.

No worries. I want to look it over and try to isolate deadly drops and remove the screamer alerts so they are more of a surprise.

Can this be done in the xml, or do you have to change the dll?

I never seem to get reply alerts properly.. like the game, I think the forums are in experimental mode... lol!

No worries. I want to look it over and try to isolate deadly drops and remove the screamer alerts so they are more of a surprise.

I never seem to get reply alerts properly.. like the game, I think the forums are in experimental mode... lol!

Theres no screamer alert, even if you get a screamer in the spawn shes not a scout so she wont scream and spawn more. It's the same as if you used f6 to spawn a screamer. I provided a custom xml so users could use their own list, say your on day 200 and all your players are high level, you could make a list of all feral and all radiated.

Would an include/exclude option be something people would want? Say you want default list but want to include ferals without making a custom list? The deadly drops can be made to work everytime by changing chance to 100%. Any feedback is great and will try to incorporate that.

Next thing I'm working on for it and it's almost done is a dupe check. If players dupe items it will catch that.

Think I misread that post lol. Screamer alerts are off by default if not you can turn them off by doing sd off in console

Just want to make sure I have these. I think this is all of the commands for your mod.

*** Command: cbi ***

Usage:

1. cbi

2. cbi additem or addplayer

3. cbi removeitem or removeplayer

4. cbi listp or listb

5. cbi checkon or checkoff

6. cbi plevel

1. manual check online players for bad items

2. adds an item to bad list or player to ignore list. ignored players wont alert on found bad items

3. remove items/players from bad/ignore list

4. list all items/players on bad/ignore list

5. turns on/off the auto check for bad items

6. sets permission to be exempt from item check. must be a valid integer.

*** Command: ddrop ***

Usage:

ddrop chance(number from 1-100) default or custom(which zombies to use) zcount(number of zombies to spawn)

ddrop settings - list settings for deadly airdrop

ddrop on - turn on deadly air drops using default settings

ddrop off - turn off deadly air drops

Examples:

ddrop 50 default 10 - 50% chance to make airdrops deadly is 50 - use default zombies - number of zombies to spawn is 10

ddrop 70 custom 5 - 70% chance to make airdrops deadly - use custom zombie list - number of zombies to spawn is 5

*** Command: sd ***

usage sd on | sd off | sd status

usage sd on | sd off

*** Command: tspy ***

usage tspy <entityid|playername|steamid>

I was thinking you had some dupe detection in it too, but maybe that wasn't in this one?

Just want to make sure I have these. I think this is all of the commands for your mod.

*** Command: cbi ***

Usage:

1. cbi

2. cbi additem or addplayer

3. cbi removeitem or removeplayer

4. cbi listp or listb

5. cbi checkon or checkoff

6. cbi plevel

1. manual check online players for bad items

2. adds an item to bad list or player to ignore list. ignored players wont alert on found bad items

3. remove items/players from bad/ignore list

4. list all items/players on bad/ignore list

5. turns on/off the auto check for bad items

6. sets permission to be exempt from item check. must be a valid integer.

*** Command: ddrop ***

Usage:

ddrop chance(number from 1-100) default or custom(which zombies to use) zcount(number of zombies to spawn)

ddrop settings - list settings for deadly airdrop

ddrop on - turn on deadly air drops using default settings

ddrop off - turn off deadly air drops

Examples:

ddrop 50 default 10 - 50% chance to make airdrops deadly is 50 - use default zombies - number of zombies to spawn is 10

ddrop 70 custom 5 - 70% chance to make airdrops deadly - use custom zombie list - number of zombies to spawn is 5

*** Command: sd ***

usage sd on | sd off | sd status

usage sd on | sd off

*** Command: tspy ***

usage tspy <entityid|playername|steamid>

I was thinking you had some dupe detection in it too, but maybe that wasn't in this one?

dupe detection isnt in public release yet, hopefully tomorrow time permitting will be public.

Other upcoming features that should be in 3.0

autoban option on bad item detection and stored data for players banned for it and what items they were caught with- off by default

message/mail system - leave players that are offline messages to read next time they login. useful for those that dont use discord or other means to communicate

for deadly air drop option to use feral or radiated zombies in default list

finally and im not sure this will make it in just yet

last death bag - for when a player dies but loses their bag it will record a players last known items for an admin to retrieve and verify if they want to reimburse. ignores empty bags to prevent data being loss from dying again before reimbursement.

thanks for mini write up sylen, im horrible at help files lol. will try a youtube video sometime this week.

3.1 is out now, will update main post later.

New features:

Mail/message system to leave messages for offline players but not restricted to offline.

New option for deadly air drop config to include ferals and radiated in default list

Basic dupe detection, atm this only outputs to log file. Will PM admins in 3.2

Download link is in first post

• 6 months later...
small update again (sorry)

https://confluence.catalysm.net/display/3SM

some minor changes to ddrop console commands- added remove option for feral/radiated from default list instead of repeating command to remove it

added zombie list reloading when settings are changed to include option

Hey mate, just installed this mod on my server as a part of csmm. Just wondering if i did something wrong? I have sd on but when a screamer comes its empty brackets at the start "deadpool: [] screamer detected and is coming from northeast", All players can see this and isn't whispered to the user. Is there a way to get whispers working on it? I am wondering if I have an outdated CPM mod.

Archived