How do you unlock Anvil now?

imalloutoflove

So I just started back after about 2 months away from 7DTD, started on a new server and when trying to make an anvil at the forge at the trader it tells me I don't know the required recipe. How do you unlock it?

Maybe you must unlock the hammer & forge perk first which requires level 10 and intellect 4.

And by the way, the anvil costs now 1000 iron and 100 clay.

Yep, can't make an anvil until you can also make the forge. So if you get lucky and find a forge you also have to get lucky and find an anvil if you wanna craft anything that requires it.

Thanks for the info. Before I would always make an anvil when I found a forge, to make a cooking grill and iron arrowheads. I guess I will have to rethink my strategy.

You can often find anvils for sale, or as loot from hardware boxes. The are like 800 dukes or something like that. It can really help you in the early game, to not spend points on int and instead focus on damage. Though bike parts are soo rare, you'll likely tap out and go full int before too long =x.

In all my lvl 100+ playthroughs of 17, I have yet to find a complete bike or minibike set in any game. Its exceedingly rare (at least on 50% loot abundance).

I guess I got lucky finding two anvils in Working Stiff crates before I unlocked the forge in my current play-through. Glad I didn't scrap them.

It really costs 1000 iron to make an anvil now? Damn...

You might get an anvil as a quest reward from a trader. Not 100% sure about that but that's how I got a beaker on my last play-through.

Archived