RussianDood Adds Bladed Weapons

Russiandood

So I do have my post that lists all of my modlets that I have made, but I wanted to make a separate one for this Modlet as it is more special. RussianDoods Sweet and Juicy Modlets

I will be linking this post on that thread as well.

RussianDood Adds Bladed Weapons

I like to use Melee weapons. Preferably the bladed ones like the Machete. I was slightly bummed out that TFP didn’t add any more for late game. SO, I once again took it upon myself to change this :D!

This Modlet adds 2 blades, the Tanto, which is the Japanese knife, and the Survivor’s Katana.

Please note that the model used for the Katana was made by me. I spent a good 2-3 weeks learning 3D modeling and this is my first project :p. Be gentle with the criticism, but please do give some 

The Tanto model is a free one on the unity Asset store. I would have made it, but I wanted to post this modlet already!!

Here is what I changed in the game:

• Added the Tanto and Survivor’s Katana.
  • Removed the recipe unlock for the Hunting Knife and Machete from the Hammer & Forge perk.
  • Added in a quest chain to unlock each bladed weapon.
  • The quest chain “Way of the Blade” is started after you complete the Basic Survival quest chain.
  • NOTE: If you added this modlet on a saved game, you can craft the Quest, Way of the Blade, with 1 paper. Once you get the recipe for the Katana, you cannot read it again.
  • Careful not to give up the last quest as the last quest grants you 5 skill points.

Quest Chain:

• Make a Boneshiv
  • Kill 5 zombies with it
  • Obtain a Hunting Knife
  • Kill 15 zombies with it
  • Obtain a Tanto
  • Kill 25 zombies with it
  • Obtain a Machete
  • Kill 50 zombies with it
  • Obtain a Survivor’s Katana
  • Kill 200 zombies with it (Yes I know, but in the later game this is easy… and you get 5 skill points!)

If you want a modlet that simply just adds the Katana and Tanto, well too bad…. Make your own model and modlet! Just kidding, if requested enough I will quickly whip it up. I just wanted you all to try out my quest line method as it was quite fun to make :p. And if I make a simple method, I wont include a quest to grant 5 skill points.

Please let me know your thoughts on this, I would really appreciate it. I have spent way more time on this than I should have, but time wasn’t on my side :/ I will also take any suggestions you all have. Even other bladed weapons :p (Which I plan on doing, this modlet isn’t done ;P)

DO THIS PART PLEASE!!!

I am now using a new method to add my entries the localization file for fancy naming and descriptions.

Instructions for this are extremely straight forward, but you can find the instruction at the bottom of this post.

Download

RussianDood-Adds-Bladed-Weapons1.0

Compatability:

A17-A17.1

MP: Server AND Client side needed.

Installation Instructions:

MOD INSTALLATION

Copy the folder of the Modlet to the Mods folder in your 7D2D Game Directory "\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die" (If Mods Folder is missing, create it).

LOCALIZATION INSTALLATION

Make sure the mod folder is in the correct location.

Double click the Localization.bat file.

A prompt will come up.

If you are in the wrong place or if it is missing a file, it will tell you.

When it prompts you for an option, type 1 then enter to backup the CURRENT localization file and make the change needed.

That's it. There is an option to restore the LAST SAVED BACKUP FROM RUNNING THIS BATCH SCRIPT. It will restore what was backed up from first running this script.

I will be using this method from now on and I will be providing a bat file for each modlet when needed. I will be updating my current modlets to use this as well. PM me or post on here. Also submit a bug report if something is not working right or if there is a misspelling :p

Special thanks to Jereth_Khan for the batch file to work off of :)

PICTURES!!!

I look forward to testing it. I love quest mods that reward combat and gives me good reason to leave the safety of my house. It reminds me of Valmod's class questlines. If I had it my way, there would be a version of this mod for every type of weapon in the game. Thank you very much for your hard work.

I look forward to testing it. I love quest mods that reward combat and gives me good reason to leave the safety of my house. It reminds me of Valmod's class questlines. If I had it my way, there would be a version of this mod for every type of weapon in the game. Thank you very much for your hard work.

I really like the quest lines as well. I did have plans to make more of these quest lines for specific classes :) You read my mind lol.

I think this is great, thank you for your contribution.

Thank you for the kind words. I hope you guys enjoy it :)

• 4 weeks later...
My friend and I just finished the quest chain for this, LOVE IT!!

Thanks so much for the MOD love your work hope to see even more.

Thank you! I always love hearing feedback :)

Again a great modlet! Thank you

Thank you for the kind words.

Glad you all like it! I do have more plans for more, just been a bit hectic lately.

A ninja or samurai outfit would go nicely with this.:encouragement:

:o that is a great idea! lol I have this on the list of things to do haha.

This is so badass!

I like the use of a batch file for the localization, makes it easy for dummies like me, and the addition of questing to achieve the items is a great idea. Thanks!

I'm glad you like it :) and yeah, the batch file was definitely a fun thing to get working. I can't take all the credit on it though :) On my main modlets page, I give credit to the user who gave the base of the batch file. I just tweaked it to look pretty, customized it and made it so it's fairly hard to run it incorrectly. lol

• 7 months later...

Ive been eyeballing this mod for quite some time and after mulling it over for a few weeks decided to allow it into my game. The reason is the reality of bladed weapons in this style of game is very much absent, to the detriment of the player.

In real life (yeah, i know, its a game) most anyone can find a flat peice of metal, 2-3 foot long and attach a handle to it. Hell, who needs a handle, wrap the end in duct-tape if your fingers are tender. Then smash some heads.

Whats with the "heres a tree branch, go kill zombies with it..." Like, what is wrong with TFP that they think I as a living, breathing, thinking human am going to grab a stick off the ground, when there are obviously so many more items around to choose from. In a pinch, yeah, a stick will help defend ones-self from an attacker, but you'd be hard pressed to actually "take out" an opponent with "the average stick off the ground". Even a heafty branch that you "honed" would not be an ideal choice to attack hoards of undead.

So, that said, Even though I've yet to try it, I welcome this mod and look forward to more bladed mods.

Locking the mod into the Way of the Blade quest is very clever... I like it.

Archived