Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

I am currently working to mod Alloc's Assembly to add a check if SteamID = int and if returns false auto bans the person trying to connect, Or something of that nature. May do a check on SteamID int as well as size of ID so if the player has a steamID of less than normal it bans.

If you fork for this 1 feature this creates obviously two streams of files that need to be maintained. If you are happy to do this no problem. But have you checked if this is something alloc can put in the pipeline?

If you fork for this 1 feature this creates obviously two streams of files that need to be maintained. If you are happy to do this no problem. But have you checked if this is something alloc can put in the pipeline?

I have changed my mind on creating this due to the fact that FrontRunnerTek has added a modification to the SM which does pretty much the same thing, Also I am sure the Devs will sooner or later release a fix for this as it had been reported plenty of times and it would be pointless for Alloc to pipeline it in then have to remove it again in the near future...

And now getting this:

2014-12-06T22:21:07 10915.835 Error in GM_SavePlayerData: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at AllocsFixes.PlayerDataStuff.GM_SavePlayerData (.GameManager manager, Int32 _clientId, .PlayerDataFile _playerDataFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Has anyone seen this? Something tells me this will impact on data being saved correctly.

I can't run server with dll fix. It crash or something.

my log = http://pastebin.com/yfU66JSJ

So I using "steamcmd +login user psd +force_install_dir ./7dtd +app_update 251570 validate +quit"

and Paste "7dtd-server-fixes.dll" + "Assembly-CSharp.dll" from http://svn.illy.bz/7dtd/binary-improvements/bin/Release/

If you're trying to load a dedicated server you need to use this, 294420

steamcmd +login user psd +force_install_dir ./7dtd +app_update 294420 validate +quit

Hope this helps.

@Alloc,

Not sure if I should post this here or in the bug section of the forums. These error only pop up after a certain person tries to connect to the server I can only assume someone that modified his char graphics or something I am not sure. Anyway I copied the errors from the log file that I found however when I shut the server down and went to make a copy of the log file to upload when I got into the folder where the log file is located it was not there. Seems on server shutdown it deleted the log somehow which I do not understand.

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
 at UMA.SkinnedMeshCombiner.CombineMeshes (UMA.CombineInstance& target, .CombineInstance[] sources, UnityEngine.Transform rootBone, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 boneMap) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at UMA.SkinnedMeshCombiner.CombineMeshes (UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer target, .CombineInstance[] sources, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 boneMap) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at UMA.UMADefaultMeshCombiner.UpdateUMAMesh (Boolean updatedAtlas, UMA.UMAData umaData, System.String[] textureNameList, Int32 atlasResolution) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.UpdateUMAMesh (Boolean updatedAtlas) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.HandleDirtyUpdate (UMA.UMAData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.OnDirtyUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

2014-12-11T18:20:27 61903.719 Error getting player name for ClientInfo: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
 at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.Int32,System.Int32].get_Item (Int32 key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.CommonMappingFunctions.GetPlayerName (.ClientInfo _ci) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

2014-12-11T18:20:27 61903.720 Error getting ClientInfo for player name: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at AllocsFixes.CommonMappingFunctions.GetClientInfoFromPlayerName (System.String _playerName, Boolean ignoreColorcodes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Every time this error would happen every player on the servers consoles would pop up with "IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range." so no idea exactly what caused it or how to fix it.

Edited by Lordicon (see edit history)

C:\7dtd.tk.a10.3\7dtd\binary-improvements\7dtd-server-fixes\src\CommonMappingFunctions.cs(57,57): Error CS1061: 'AuthenticationServer' does not contain a definition for 'usersToIDs' and no extension method 'usersToIDs' accepting a first argument of type 'AuthenticationServer' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (CS1061) (7dtd-server-fixes)

some missing reference?

some missing reference?

Yea I am getting the same thing, However the Server fixes have been updated but the mapping has not been updated yet, Sure if we give Alloc time he will release the fix.

C:\Users\Lordicon\Desktop\Assembly Patch\binary-improvements\7dtd-server-fixes\src\CommonMappingFunctions.cs(57,57): Error CS1061: 'AuthenticationServer' does not contain a definition for 'usersToIDs' and no extension method 'usersToIDs' accepting a first argument of type 'AuthenticationServer' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (CS1061) (7dtd-server-fixes)

While I'm posting the errors... ever since 10.2 visual studio has for some reason not liked a few things...

Error 1 'GameManager' does not contain a definition for 'World' and no extension method 'World' accepting a first argument of type 'GameManager' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\7dtd.tk.a10.3\7dtd\binary-improvements\7dtd-server-fixes\src\CommonMappingFunctions.cs 24 30 7dtd-server-fixes

Error 2 'GameManager' does not contain a definition for 'World' and no extension method 'World' accepting a first argument of type 'GameManager' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\7dtd.tk.a10.3\7dtd\binary-improvements\7dtd-server-fixes\src\CommonMappingFunctions.cs 35 30 7dtd-server-fixes

Error 3 'AuthenticationServer' does not contain a definition for 'usersToIDs' and no extension method 'usersToIDs' accepting a first argument of type 'AuthenticationServer' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\7dtd.tk.a10.3\7dtd\binary-improvements\7dtd-server-fixes\src\CommonMappingFunctions.cs 160 57 7dtd-server-fixes

Also derpopo put out an update https://github.com/DerPopo/deobfuscate-7dtd/releases ..I did try it though not helped neither xamarin or vs in compiling.

INFO : Started logging to mainlog.txt.

INFO : Deobfuscating Assembly-CSharp.dll...

___

INFO : Executing patcher "NameSimplifier" (by DerPopo)...

ERROR : ERROR : Invoking the Patch method for NameSimplifier resulted in an exception :

ERROR : System.Exception: occured while patching 2 ---> Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name, ReaderParameters parameters)

at Mono.Cecil.DefaultAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name)

at Mono.Cecil.MetadataResolver.Resolve(TypeReference type)

at Mono.Cecil.TypeReference.Resolve()

at NamePatcher.NameNormalizer.checkLocalDefinition[T](T def, String prefix, Int32 cmid, TypeDefinition btdef)

at NamePatcher.NameNormalizer.checkLocalDefinitions[T](Collection`1 memDef, String prefix, Int32 cmid, TypeDefinition btdef)

at NamePatcher.NameNormalizer.CheckNames(TypeDefinition tdef)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at NamePatcher.NameNormalizer.CheckNames(TypeDefinition tdef)

at NamePatcher.NamePatcher.Patch(Logger logger, AssemblyDefinition asmCSharp, AssemblyDefinition __reserved)

INFO : Writing the current Assembly-CSharp.dll to a MemoryStream...

INFO : Reading the current Assembly-CSharp.dll from the MemoryStream...

INFO : Executing patcher "PacketOrNotRelatedStuffPatcher" (by DerPopo,Alloc,KaXaK)...

ERROR : ERROR : Invoking the Patch method for PacketOrNotRelatedStuffPatcher resulted in an exception :

ERROR : Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name, ReaderParameters parameters)

at Mono.Cecil.DefaultAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name)

at Mono.Cecil.MetadataResolver.Resolve(TypeReference type)

at Mono.Cecil.TypeReference.Resolve()

at NetworkPatcher.Helpers.PatchSubMethods(MethodDefinition method, String newName)

at NetworkPatcher.Helpers.PatchVMethod(MethodDefinition method, String newName)

at NetworkPatcher.PatchPackageQueue.Patch(Logger logger, AssemblyDefinition asmCSharp)

at NetworkPatcher.NetworkPatcher.Patch(Logger logger, AssemblyDefinition asmCSharp, AssemblyDefinition __reserved)

INFO : Executing patcher "ManualDeobfuscator" (by Alloc,DerPopo)...

___

INFO : Saving the new assembly to C:\7dtd.tk.a10.3\7dtd\Deobfuscate-7dtd_pre0.4.1_\Assembly-CSharp.deobf.dll ...

INFO : Success.

Scrap my last post.. its all working now.. UnityEngine.dll needed to be added into the Deobfuscate folder... (though the PacketOrNotRelatedStuffPatcher error stuff remains) and VS no longer has ref errors. Funtimes.. until 10.4/5 with color text back