I still have to restart the game to encounter wildlife

Junuxx

i've noticed the same thing. the animals seem to be less available over time the longer you play, but if you log out and back in, there is a noticeable increase in animals again. It's been like that for at least the last 3 alphas.

they still spawn for me if i keep the game up, but for whatever reason, there is an increase on restart or re-logins. maybe the animals are mostly chickens and rabbit the longer the game runs and it's just harder to see.

I also remember that they said animals would stop spawning in an area for a while after you killed them. That was 1 or 2 alphas back at least, so i don't know if that is still in place. Obviously, logging out and back in cleared that, including now.

@Roland @SilenTHunder ? Confirmation?

Well in 16.4 that's the way it was explained to me in that if you constantly run in a single city that once you've killed the animals they wouldn't respawn for like 30 days...

I haven't noticed a change in that. Albeit there's been soo many updates I barely got past day 8 on one game. But as before I have noticed that when you kill some animals in an area, they will not respawn even if you log out and log back in immediately.

Well in 16.4 that's the way it was explained to me in that if you constantly run in a single city that once you've killed the animals they wouldn't respawn for like 30 days...

[...] But as before I have noticed that when you kill some animals in an area, they will not respawn even if you log out and log back in immediately.

Yeah, but this is a separate thing. Without restarts, after many days, you won't even get animals in new areas you have never visited before.

I can't seem to reproduce this. However, it is quite obvious that animals spawn a lot the first couple days and much less later. I am sure the spawning is random, but there should probably be something that keeps track of them and forces a few spawns per day. Some days I notice I won't get any, and when I do, they are rabbits. So, some days I get just rabbits, most of which I assume I never even see. This could also be a possibility. I suppose something should also be in place to make sure the type of animal is not just rabbits... or give us some snare traps to increase the chances of catching them.

Archived