Before you change the zombie ai

Viktoriusiii

... make a TD out of it.

I am a huge fan of TD games. Legion TD on WC3 was my first (well maybe bloons) real exposure and I loved it! Everything about it.

Currently the zombie A.I. is gpsing through a maze with ease.

Why not use that for a seperate mode (maybe a mod... even though I think it would be a super fun mode standalone)?

At the beginning you get a 50x50 location to build in. You get like 100 centered iron bars. And then you start to build your maze. There is a trader in the middle which sells more iron bars, traps, turrets and maybe even NPCs that fight for you (starting with rabbits that occupy zombies for a few seconds, wolves, bears and bandits/traderfighters). But also WEAPONS AND AMMO!!!

You get dukes for every killed zombie and you slowly have to build up your base.

Day/Night cycle can be about 5 minutes and every night is hordenight.

I bring this up now, because A.I. is set to change soon. So with randomness programmed in, this might not be possible anymore.

So PLEASE save the A.I. coding somehow if you can and make this mode happen!!!

To be fair, this game already is a tower defense game, although it certainly is not in the same "set maze path" as Bloons, Fieldrunners or Warcraft 3 mods(more like vanilla Warcraft if anything). To force them to go through a maze is a simple as setting the AI "cost" of attacking blocks to around 100x.

This idea might be fun for a little bit, but since 7dtd dips it's toes into the water of so many different genres, I don't think the distilled maze-like tower defense aspect will really compete with a dedicated tower defense game. Plus, after playing a hundred rounds or so, regular horde night in vanilla 7dtd would probably lose it's charm and excitement and stuff.

Archived