Play Buridan's Donkey on 7D2D

Guizmo

Hey guys !

As the deal is to be smarter than zombies now, you should try this, it's really funny :

Step 1 : Build 1 entrance leading to 2 corridors. Those 2 corridors leading to 2 drawbridge which will lead to the same plateform.

Step 2 : Always leave one drawbridge down, and one up

Step 3 : Get on Horde Night.

Step 4: Wait for zombies to arrive in the corridor (Use Barbed Wire if you want)

Step 5 : Get the other drawbridge down, and the first one up.

Step 6 : As it's funny, do it over and over, trying to stack max of zombies at the entrance

Zombies will end up diing just like the donkey, because they can't f****g choose a PATH !

Congratulations, you just beat the new AI, and get a zombie party over there !!!!!

I failed my recording but will do it again to show you the result !

P.S : We will always beat the A.I mouhahahahahahaha

Yeah it's for this reason that Random behaviour is being added to the AI.

For now it's comical.

Greetings

Whos Buridan? :apathy:

Buridan's Ass is an illustration of a paradox in philosophy in the conception of free will. It refers to a hypothetical situation wherein a donkey that is equally hungry and thirsty is placed precisely midway between a stack of hay and a pail of water. Since the paradox assumes the ass will always go to whichever is closer, it dies of both hunger and thirst since it cannot make any rational decision between the hay and water. A common variant of the paradox substitutes two identical piles of hay for the hay and water; the ass, unable to choose between the two, dies of hunger.

The paradox is named after the 14th-century French philosopher Jean Buridan, whose philosophy of moral determinism it satirizes. Although the illustration is named after Buridan, philosophers have discussed the concept before him, notably Aristotle who used the example of a man equally hungry and thirsty, and Al-Ghazali who used a man faced with the choice of equally good dates.

Yeah I translated from french but didn't check if it was the correct translation sorry !

It felt like that when I saw it so seemed like an appropriate title. Felt like when I was young "Light on, Light off" haha

Great post man!

I remember getting introduced to this when I was nine.

Al-Ghazali is who they talked about and the choice of equally good dates.

Didn't work so well with the other kids but I was kind of a horny bugger and totally got it!

[Lost my virginity at ten lol.]

Anyway.... thanks for the post.

Was nice to read with my morning coffee.

Too bad we can't open/close drawbridges with timer relays/motion sensors.

True, this system still requires to be there.

For now in only tried it in creative but I restarted on last update and intend to build my base this way, I'll see how I can improve the system.

As i intend to use it as main base and horde base, I'll put an alarm at the entrance.

Also you can put a mention sensor connected to a redlight on one drawbridge, and an other connected to normal light on the other. This way, you can easy if someone is getting close from one side or an other.

Putting trap at the entrance is also devastating.

The most important is to always leave a path to you (very barbed wired of course).

If you leave a path that you can even build an iron bar roof over the first one and start again the exact same thing in case hordes become too big (during blood moon of high level i fear there are too much zombies, or may be i need longer corridors

At the very least I'd like to see Drawbridges be powered.

That way we could at least use switches to abuse the AI.

I want this just to use pressure plates so I can just drive up to the drawbridge and it opens, go past and it closes. No more on and off the bike a million times lol.

I want this just to use pressure plates so I can just drive up to the drawbridge and it opens, go past and it closes. No more on and off the bike a million times lol.

Ever tried to get on a drawbridge with a 4x4 ? ....With a Ramp before the drawbridge... (apparently the ramp thing has been fixed in last update but didn't try since)

Ever tried to get on a drawbridge with a 4x4 ? ....With a Ramp before the drawbridge... (apparently the ramp thing has been fixed in last update but didn't try since)

I noticed the 4x4 causes a lot of damage to any ramp.

On Navez going over the bridges damages them and you have to repair now and then.

Really hope they fix this.

This is a must - where is this posted?

I've seen it mentioned as well, they plan to add in some random "dumb a16 style" zombies randomly in with the smart ones, to add a bit of randomness to it. Or there is a % chance on spawn for it to use either of the ai packages. Right, now its too easy to make a kill room as you just have to leave a way open to you, and they will always take that path, walking thru a ton of barbed wire fences if you got it. New ai is good, but its currently way to easy to exploit to get the zombies to go exactly where you want them to. It'll be fixed eventually.

I'd love to see specific zombies with several specific behaviors.

At minimum:

Destroyers - demolish nearby structures if they lack a perfectly clear path to the player

Thinkers - current A17 path of least resistance

Fodder - old A16 beeline towards the player and smash blocks in a path

Just those 3 different kinds would allow more dynamic base defenses. pure cheese bases in any direction would fall short. You'd need to build somewhat hybrid bases, and active base defense would be MUCH more interesting, as it would make the zombies that the players target much more meaningful.

Beyond that, they could put in:

Flyers - they have these already with the vultures, they're fine as implemented

Droppers - they try to get above the player and drop onto or near them, then fight normally. similar to spider zombies, but maybe a bit more focus on getting higher

Diggers - zombies that follow the destroyer mindset but they start going downwards and towards you...destabilizing structures. Dogs would fit here pretty easily

By making it locked to specific types of zombies (rather than random), you give the players some agency and tactical ability in their defense. Having a group of 3 players swap over to marksman rifles to target an irradiated cop that is approaching the base already exists for sure...but having players alternately watching for flyers, diggers, maybe 1 player watching specifically for the "thinker" type etc. makes the actual act of defensing the base way more interesting.

Archived