221 broke heavy swing

thetinker86

I started a new map with 221 and just buffed my character to level 119(where i was) and gave myself basic tools. With all these levels and perks, on 220, i would smash everything with my sledge and have almost no risk of being out of stamina. Regen with perks was great, i had earned that. This time around, 3 swings and i was done(had sprinted a little). I can only imagine how terrible mining would be like this.

Either, the stamina gains from the perk broke, or they changed the cost of a heavy swing.

PS, Am i the only one who thinks that a MAX pick and MAX swing skills should = 1 hitting stone under ground for mining?

PPS, lets buff that auger back up. uses way too much gas for how little it breaks in blocks.

IDC if it turns into "Block damage vs Block Damage on Player placed Block" for stats. I can get behind that. but i loved being able to mine and tunnel around in A16. lets merge A16 and A17 features and get this thing stable ;-)

Intended. They increased the stamina cost of the power attack and added a recovery delay. The power attack is primarily intended for melee combat and not as the only attack worth doing. It is to be used to complement the main attack. The only reason the power attack exists for mining is because the tools can also be used as weapons now.

They did beef up the normal attack.

I started a new map with 221 and just buffed my character to level 119(where i was) and gave myself basic tools. With all these levels and perks, on 220, i would smash everything with my sledge and have almost no risk of being out of stamina. Regen with perks was great, i had earned that. This time around, 3 swings and i was done(had sprinted a little). I can only imagine how terrible mining would be like this.

Either, the stamina gains from the perk broke, or they changed the cost of a heavy swing.

PS, Am i the only one who thinks that a MAX pick and MAX swing skills should = 1 hitting stone under ground for mining?

PPS, lets buff that auger back up. uses way too much gas for how little it breaks in blocks.

IDC if it turns into "Block damage vs Block Damage on Player placed Block" for stats. I can get behind that. but i loved being able to mine and tunnel around in A16. lets merge A16 and A17 features and get this thing stable ;-)

Have you added mods to the auger? The dye, stone breaker and idk what else can go on it but that helps also I haven't tested it with the change to miner 69 which is now all block damage not just from power attack. We have mods which also reduce stamina usage so that should help with the perks also. It's stuff you should test out to see if power attacks are really broken. I'm fine with the changes so far just takes some readjusting after using only power attacks for the past 2 weeks.

Have you added mods to the auger? The dye, stone breaker and idk what else can go on it but that helps also I haven't tested it with the change to miner 69 which is now all block damage not just from power attack. We have mods which also reduce stamina usage so that should help with the perks also. It's stuff you should test out to see if power attacks are really broken. I'm fine with the changes so far just takes some readjusting after using only power attacks for the past 2 weeks.

I'm only 1 week in but I have yellow iron tools with the mod for stone and with a few points into stamina/mining related perks and mining those small stones aboveground yields quite a bit and is very fast so I have no complaints.

Intended. They increased the stamina cost of the power attack and added a recovery delay. The power attack is primarily intended for melee combat and not as the only attack worth doing. It is to be used to complement the main attack. The only reason the power attack exists for mining is because the tools can also be used as weapons now.

They did beef up the normal attack.

It should be removed form the Pickaxe!

There should be one speed for the Pick and it should be faster than it is now.

Archived