Still playing a16. Thoughts on a17e

andrewcu

I am still playing a16, mostly because i just got the game on PC coming from console and i want to play it so i know the major differences in a17. With that said, i have watched plenty of youtubers playthroughs. I have some thoughts if you guys dont mind:

- Why get rid of log spikes? They were my favorite :(

- Basic traps overall seem like they were nerfed REALLY bad to the point they are almost pointless.

- Zombies are way too smart, their tracking abilities are wayyyyy too good for dead people..... might as well turn the game into a bandit raiding game if this is the route the game is going to go with zombies being too smart and strong

- Zombies are over powered and block durability has gone down. I can understand making things more challenging, but why so drastically?

- New POI's are awesome!!!!!!

- I like the idea of trader quests, gives some objectives in the game rather than survive.

- New graphics and textures seem to be causing issues with playability. Dumb them back down so the average PC user can actually play this without having to need one of the new RTX cards....Ive seen some streamers who have a 1080 ti build who are still only getting 30-40 fps in some scenarios.

- I definitely agree with the new farming system, makes it not so easy to have tons of food by the day 21 horde

- I dont get the meat system, why make 5 raw = 1 cooked? I dont cook 5 steaks and they turn into 1.....

It seems to me that the Fun Pimps have tried to appease the people who were asking to make the game harder instead of everyone. I get having a challenge, but new players are going to get bored fast if they are constantly dying every in game hour. In conclusion, i like the new updates minus how strong and smart theyve made the zombies. I can deal with not having as many traps if the zombies werent so damn smart and strong. MAKES THE ZOMBIES DUMB AGAIN!!!!

Or you can just shut up and start playing other games (which is what most fans of a17 will suggest you do). Aww I just took all their posts from them in one foul swoop!

I say: keep speaking up about the stuff you're not happy about. The more the better!

You forgot. "This has already been said!!! There should only be ONE negative feedback post!!!!"

- I dont get the meat system, why make 5 raw = 1 cooked? I dont cook 5 steaks and they turn into 1.....

I had this specific question early on, apparently there is a locked perk that allows you to reduce meat needed in recipes. IE: 20% reduction would then mean 4 meat = 1 cooked.

So, basically, implement new ratios to put perk behind a level lock. That was my take at least.

I had this specific question early on, apparently there is a locked perk that allows you to reduce meat needed in recipes. IE: 20% reduction would then mean 4 meat = 1 cooked.

So, basically, implement new ratios to put perk behind a level lock. That was my take at least.

The percentages for the hunter perk work better when you are not dealing with fractions of 1.

The percentages for the hunter perk work better when you are not dealing with fractions of 1.

Thanks for clarifying the obvious, that was not the point of my post you quoted at all lol. The point was that it was added as a perk in first place and then level locked.

Yeah I had the same thought but then I realized the purpose behind it. Now does it feel fluid/immersive. not really.

I think a system with giving less good meat is better.

Let me explain, You use a bone to harvest meat and you are basically worthless at it at lvl 1. That would give you a bunch of contaminated meat "rotten flesh" as you progress and get better items (hunting knife) you manage to harvest better meat.

The meat would feel more immersive/intuitive if it were given as weight, a la The Long Dark. So we would harvest X lbs of meat from an animal and each recipe called for half a pound of meat or whatever. Then it wouldn't be 5 units of meat make one unit of meat-based meal, which seems weird.

Archived