How increase yeilds from mining MOD

Girthy

I want to add a 10% harvest to iron tools and 20% harvest to steel tools. I am not sure where to add this on the tools. I was also thinking the hunting knife would be the iron tool and the machete would be the steel tool for blades. Any advise on how to do this because right now durability is the only difference between the different tools.

Maybe this would work when added to the various items in items.xml?

<append xpath="/items/item[@name='EACHTOOL']/effect_group[@name='Base  Effects']"><passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="VALUETOINCREASE" tags="TAGS"/></append>

Haven't tested it on a pickaxe but that passive is copied from modMeleeGraveDigger, I did the same with a gun using

<effect_group>
		<requirement name="EntityTagCompare" target="other" tags="zombie"/>
		<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value="1"/>
	</effect_group>

And it does bonus damage to zeds but not players

Yeah, I'm not really looking to increase the damage of the tool, I just want the tool to be able to get the material more efficiently. Right now, I seem to get the exact same amount of wood or ore (within a few pieces) on any of the different tools used. I think that an iron tool should be able to do better than stone and steel do better than iron. So I'm looking to increase the harvest amount depending on the tool, iron gets 10% more than stone and steel gets 20% more than stone (or 10% more than iron). It makes me want to have them and use them.

I'm not trying to affect the damage to blocks like say for example I click a block with an auger and it just disappears instantly this would open up an easy way to drop mine whole buildings.

I think the best option so far is to just go into blocks.xml and materials.xml to adjust what you get from each type of block it will take a long time but that's ok.

and Items.xml harvest multipliers <property name="ToolCategory.Butcher" value="1" param1="1.9"/>, progression.xml harvest count

what is the range of the multiplier? can I set it to 10? will it cause that item to harvest 10x the amount or materials?

what is the range of the multiplier? can I set it to 10? will it cause that item to harvest 10x the amount or materials?

Yeah you will have to play with it and see Im not sure what the range is exactly but I am sure 10 would work. Harvesting in general is broken in the dll file. If that is set to 1 for eg and you deal the exact amount of damage to a block to destroy it you will get the exact specified amount of resources assigned for it to be harvested but however if you are even 1 hp over the block hp in damage when you destroy it you will get double the yield of what is specified on the block to be harvested. In order to get around this in my mod I have all those values set to 0.51, because what are the odds you will break a block by its exact hp, not very likely.

I think the best option so far is to just go into blocks.xml and materials.xml to adjust what you get from each type of block it will take a long time but that's ok.

Like I said...just add passive_effect HarvestCount to the items. You can use value="0.1" on the iron fireaxe for +10%, value="0.2" on the steel, etc. oreWoodHarvest covers digging too.

Add this to the items effect_group

<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" value="0.2" tags="oreWoodHarvest"/>

0.2 for example adds 20%.

This was what I was looking for. Now all I have to do is create a modlet with this and I am ready to go. Thanks a lot.

You have to add it within the effect_group tags. For example, taking the Iron Fireaxe,

<effect_group name="Base Effects">
<passive_effect name="MaxRange" operation="base_set" value="2.9"/>
<passive_effect name="BlockRange" operation="base_set" value="3.5"/>
<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_set" value="20"/> <!-- meleeToolFireaxeIron -->
<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="base_set" value="30"/>
<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="base_set" value=".35" tags="butcherHarvest"/>
<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="-.75" tags="stone"/>
<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="-.8" tags="earth"/>
<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="-.75" tags="metal"/>
<passive_effect name="AttacksPerMinute" operation="base_set" value="47"/>
<passive_effect name="StaminaLoss" operation="base_set" value="18" tags="primary"/>
<passive_effect name="DegradationMax" operation="base_set" value="200,800" tier="1,6"/>
<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="0,5" tier="1,6"/>
<passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="perc_add" value=".15" tags="EntityDamage,BlockDamage"/>
<passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="base_add" value="200" tags="EconomicValue"/>
</effect_group>

You could add it in anywhere. This particular effect you only need once, just place it in the Base Effects group.

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_set" value="20"/> <!-- meleeToolFireaxeIron -->
<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="base_set" value="30"/>
<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="base_set" value=".35" tags="butcherHarvest"/>
[color="#FFA500"]<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" value="0.1" tags="oreWoodHarvest"/>[/color]
<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="-.75" tags="stone"/>

If you are using xpath to make it into a modlet, you can just append it to the effect_group and it will place it at the bottom. Here's an easy way to do it.

<append xpath="/items/item[starts-with(@name, 'meleeTool') and ends-with(@name, 'Iron')]/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']">
<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" value="0.1" tags="oreWoodHarvest"/>
</append>
<append xpath="/items/item[starts-with(@name, 'meleeTool') and ends-with(@name, 'Steel')]/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']">
<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" value="0.2" tags="oreWoodHarvest"/>
</append>

This *should* add +10% to all iron tools and +20% to all steel tools.

Where do I find effect group? Which file is it? I could do it if I knew :)

It's in the items.xml file. Just look at the tools entries and you can do it but don't use the ends-with as it gave me an error. I just named every tool I wanted to change and made the change.

Modding this too, also any way to increase amount of XP gained from only those actions, like mining/farming/chopping.

i cant find anything related to this except <property name="LootExpValue" value="x"/> and i changed it but still nothing when stone axing Trees still no Xp.

<effect_group name="Base Effects">

Is not found anywhere in items.xml "LionsDen"

Here is the code I used exactly on items.xml to get the effect that I wanted.

<configs>
<!-- Make iron tools get 10% more and steel tools get 20% more. -->
<append xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeToolHuntingKnife']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']">
	<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" value="0.1" tags="butcherHarvest"/>
</append>
<append xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeToolMachete']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']">
	<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" value="0.2" tags="butcherHarvest"/>
</append>
<append xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeToolShovelIron']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']">
	<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" value="0.1" tags="oreWoodHarvest"/>
</append>
<append xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeToolShovelSteel']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']">
</append>
<append xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeToolFireaxeIron']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']">
</append>
<append xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeToolFireaxeSteel']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']">
</append>
<append xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeToolPickaxeIron']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']">
</append>
<append xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeToolPickaxeSteel']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']">
</append>
</configs>

Archived