Nerdy glasses

Darellion

What exactly does the +2 intellect from the glasses do, game effect wise?

I had some on and didn't seem to craft faster, or make higher quality items, or have access to unlock Intellect 6 (I was intellect 4 at the time then added the glasses) items/perks. Has anyone seen an effect from them, or am I missing something about them?

thanks

It raises your intellect by 2, the caveat is if your int is already level capped it won't.

They also give you a 10% XP bonus, which is why I wear them usually even though I keep int maxed.

However if you die, then the bonus from them kicks in to counteract the penalty, that to me seems to be the main use for stat items, although I'm sure people will find min/max strats built around them.

I've been playing and my Intelligence is only level 6, yet I see no visible boost from them at all. However, shades boost my Perception to level 3 from level 1. I'm not sure if this is the intended behavior or a bug, but only level 1 skills seem to be visibly boosted for me.

I've been playing and my Intelligence is only level 6, yet I see no visible boost from them at all. However, shades boost my Perception to level 3 from level 1. I'm not sure if this is the intended behavior or a bug, but only level 1 skills seem to be visibly boosted for me.

What level are you? 40? (I'm not in front of the game) Can you raise your int any higher? If not then you aren't going to see any boost.

What level are you? 40? (I'm not in front of the game) Can you raise your int any higher? If not then you aren't going to see any boost.

I see so the boosts are still capped by the player level requirements of the attributes. Thanks so much that makes a lot of sense!

There are a few different 'glasses'. They are amazing and powerful items

They enable you to invest points above your 'natural' level. If you have Int 5, but can invest up to Int 7, you can put on the glasses and invest in the perk to gain motorcycle construction without needing to put the two points into Int. You lose the points when you take off the glasses, but that's 2 points you can spend elsewhere (like inside the tree rather than the attribute)!

Nerdy Glasses - +2 Intelligence

Lucky Goggles - Improved scavenging bonus

Ski Visor - +2 Agility (more stamina)

Shades - +2 Perception

It's stupid to tie attributes to clothes items. That's just poor design.

not really. They actually make sense.

Glasses to make it easier to read and see fine details like in electronics and small parts.

Shooter glasses for eye protection and light glare

Ski visor for..uh.. running real fast?

Lucky Goggles because I can't put on my lucky underpants.

Archived