Is playing solo dead? What's your opinion?

Hanzberger

Ok guys I have over 700 hundred hrs in this game. So I think I know what I am doing, not the best but decent. I survived the first horde night in a POI. Basically cut off any way for them to get up, ripped up a 8x8 part of floor with barbed and wooden spikes at the bottom. I really don't see that holding up for the 14. I'm on day 10, with a bicycle and level 39ish.

Having said that. As a solo person, I really don't think it is going to work. You just don't have the ability to collect resources to keep going. You cannot mine at night, which I always did, for fear of them digging down. When out collecting rocks or wood you better not stay in one area too long. Crazy silent dog horde. - I got lucky I was in that POI when they came and got stuck on the barbed wire. Only seen one and I believe it was day 7, along with a horde that showed me where my weakness was in that POI.

As a solo person the end is always near and as time goes on- time is running out, I just know.

I may put my game on hold or go for it using a pillar platform design. With cops showing up on the 14....well RIP. I will need to make iron bar platform if I can gather enough resources. I miss mining, it was relaxing.

I still love the game and hope for the best but I think at this point, the solo game is dead.

Do what suits you best and try to enjoy the game. Thats how i try to play (going solo also). Pillar arena is a good idea, but you could also just ride your bike around or simply run constantly, with short bursts for regaining stamina. All is possible.

I start to think of the bloodmoon as a necessity to live through at this point until i will get great weapons, mods, etc. If i am unprepared, ill deal how i can.

Only 1 dog horde i encountered so far, so its a matter of luck i think. Had dogs on 14th day bloodmoon though, but i managed to kill them and outrun the rest of Zs.

My advice: make the best out of the game and f... the rest ☺️

I personally play solo, never actually played MP before. Really enjoying the game at this point, though some changes and balances are obviously needed.

I totally admit i'm nervous, looking around all of the time, making sure i'm not about to get ganked by random roving groups of dogs and mobs, but it's also fun and adds a decent level of tension.

I turned the difficulty up to warrior, and there's a notable difference (to me, anyway) between that and Scav. Makes me choose where i loot a little more carefully, have to keep up with arrow production more than before, and having to manage inventory to make sure i'm not too encumbered to run and fight make me pay attention to things a little more than I would otherwise.

I'd say give it some time, let the changes that are coming roll through, and reassess. :)

I suspect that TFP balances for MP and that solo has become an afterthought (based on some of their comments and the direction the game has been taking). That being said, solo is great fun as long as you mod your game. Once I mod out level gating and the crazy high zombie block damage I have great fun.

Just survived 35 day horde solo so it is far from dead though I doubt I will ever play max settings like I did in A16.

I dig every night, you end up getting that far down that wandering hordes don't sense you. Trick is to start digging on day 1, soon as you spawn so you are quite a few blocks down by night 1 and can dig all night. If you are sitting around waiting for dawn you are wasting time and need to fix that.

From reading forums, 2 main issues I notice;

1. A lot of cheese tactics are not viable anymore but instead of learning how to build good horde defending bases people are giving up and claiming you cannot beat horde anymore.

2. People are power levelling and they simply don't have time to gather resources to defend against the powerful hordes that their power levelling has generated. If you go slower you have weaker hordes to fight and plenty of time to build strong defences against those weak hordes.

Archived