weapon damange differences

R0bb0b

I have 2 compound bows, one of 1 quality and the other of 2 quality.

quality 1: 39 dmg and 60 projectile velocity

quality 2: 32 dmg and 54 projectile velocity

Now I know that they both were from B199 because I started a new game with the new build so it's not that I found one from the previous build. So what's going on here? Random stat roles?

Got 7 Bows now. ALL of them with 32 dmg and 54 velocity. The only difference is the durability.

I think, you are using another kind of arrows in the better bow? Check it out with holding your bow and then press and hold the reload key.

32/54 is without arrows. (ha ha)

39/60 is for iron arrows.

45/66 is for steel arrows.

Got 7 Bows now. ALL of them with 32 dmg and 54 velocity. The only difference is the durability.

I think, you are using another kind of arrows in the better bow? Check it out with holding your bow and then press and hold the reload key.

32/54 is without arrows. (ha ha)

39/60 is for iron arrows.

45/66 is for steel arrows.

Ah! You are right. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

Mh, Santos ... I cant defend the pimps here ... i dont like it too ... but ...

Lets stay on a simple example. A Glock. Very nice little pistol. Your Glock is Level 6. And my one comes out of a 3d printer. My one is Level 1 ...

We both use the same ammunition. I bet, we both can hit our target. The difference is, that my pistol breaks after one or two shots. Yours is stable and you can shoot again ;)

Or lets be on the compounds. Im Archer in Reallife. I have a Hoyt HyperEdge. Compound. Level 6 (for real, its really cool) - If you buy a cheap one for 50 bucks, you can shoot with it, ofc. And you will deal the same damage like me, if we use the same arrows.

Think TFP idea was that mods would be thing that effects dmg. As higher quality items have more mod slots. But on paper it was good idea but when got coded in right now it does not because in order to make mods you need science skill to make them, this again is just another show horn where player has to spend points into a area. So Mods need to be more available some how, perfect area to use quest system to fix.

Yet, the weirdest thing is that you can have up to 5 mod slots, but only ever put 2 mods in an item ever. (at least for me it's that way)

Plus, the compound bow for example seems to have only 3 possible mods at all, and you can't have 2x the same mod...

Quite some work to do I'd say.

Lets stay on a simple example. A Glock. Very nice little pistol. Your Glock is Level 6. And my one comes out of a 3d printer. My one is Level 1 ...

We both use the same ammunition. I bet, we both can hit our target. The difference is, that my pistol breaks after one or two shots. Yours is stable and you can shoot again ;)

Or lets be on the compounds. Im Archer in Reallife. I have a Hoyt HyperEdge. Compound. Level 6 (for real, its really cool) - If you buy a cheap one for 50 bucks, you can shoot with it, ofc. And you will deal the same damage like me, if we use the same arrows.

I agree in not fighting with the Pimps but just for conversation's sake. A lower quality pistol or bow would most likely be made with cheaper parts or could be bandaided at home. I don't think it would change the lethality of the tool in question but it would definitely have some adverse effects. I don't think I've seen a game apply a failure or jam rate and it would be an interesting direction. Of course it's probably too late in the Alpha process at this point, but that could be something.

I agree in not fighting with the Pimps but just for conversation's sake. A lower quality pistol or bow would most likely be made with cheaper parts or could be bandaided at home. I don't think it would change the lethality of the tool in question but it would definitely have some adverse effects. I don't think I've seen a game apply a failure or jam rate and it would be an interesting direction. Of course it's probably too late in the Alpha process at this point, but that could be something.

My thoughts exactly, a knock off vs a high quality item, the knock off will handle worse, might have worse recoils, spread, etc...so we mod that in.

I don't understand...What's the point of having a level on weapons/tools if lvl 1 and lvl 7 deal same damage to Z's and blocks ?

Their only difference is the durability..

Durability and mods.

Mods increase damage significantly and difference between 1 and 5 mods is massive.

Even now that Im on day 28 I still use a Compound Bow level 3 and when its about to break I repair it really quick (Even if im in combat with z's) I just open my bag and press A and since the repair time is like 0 and in A17 the Items that you repair pop in the same spot that you had them before makes everything really easy.

I'll also add a screenshot and ask you guys (Since Im still kinda New with A17) are there more mods that I can add to this bow ? (It's a creative world)

https://imgur.com/a/c3v4XJ9

Also, let's say that u have 2 Kinds of bows IRL a good expensive one and a bad cheap one they both can shoot arrow BUT, the good one (Let's say Level 6 in-game) will hit the target harder (The arrow will travel faster) than the crappy cheap one.

And yes, you are right if you have 2 Bows like u said one will shoot let's say 5000 arrows before it breaks and the other one will break after 500 but the good one will strike harder 1 shoot before it breaks down than a brand new cheap one isn't that right ?

are there more mods that I can add to this bow ? (It's a creative world)

atm there are jsut a few, but devs said, there will come more and more over the next month.

Also, let's say that u have 2 Kinds of bows IRL a good expensive one and a bad cheap one they both can shoot arrow BUT, the good one (Let's say Level 6 in-game) will hit the target harder (The arrow will travel faster) than the crappy cheap one.

And yes, you are right if you have 2 Bows like u said one will shoot let's say 5000 arrows before it breaks and the other one will break after 500 but the good one will strike harder 1 shoot before it breaks down than a brand new cheap one isn't that right ?

If both bows have the same pull weight (for example 60 lbs) both bows deal exactly the same dmg at the same range with the same speed. Doesnt matter how cheap it is. The difference is the precision ... So if theres a "failoption" in the worse bow, it would be realistic. The better bow will nearly always hit the same place. Because the parts are way better.

I think that each higher tier should have slightly higher base stats, even if its 5% (25% bonus at tier 6) At least for now until the devs put in enough mods and make them common enough that you can actually fill a weapon with them finally without having to cheat to do it.

In my opinion the realistic method ...

All Weapons have the same Base-DMG, no matter what level they have. Thats realistic.

Better level means better Quality. Better Quality means better Durability. Yep. Realistic too.

Better level means better Quality. Means better Precision. Realistic too. But not ingame already ... they could add a little malus/bonus to aim, recoil, spread, etc. to do that.

Better level means better possibilities to add new Stuff ... means modifications. Allready ingame. Better level = more mods.

So in MY Eyes theres just a bit adjustment to do. But in general its pretty nice.

Your logic is impeccable and I appreciate the RL example. However, games traditionally allow you to create better versions of weapons and tools as you progress. In this particular instance new bow is better, but the difference is simply too small. Adding a few more points of damage would hardly be game breaking and yet it would increase the satisfaction of upgrading your weapon.

TFP should do it for no other reason than making game more fun.

Archived