Stamina and Hordes AI really suck

PatGame

I don’t know why you would change stamina. It was fine the way it was in last alphas. Stamina should be based on how fit you are. The athletic skill was good. Now it is based on food which makes no since. So you have a fat guy and an athletic guy. They both eat the same amount so they have the same stamina, NOT. Stamina should only be effect by food when you are starving. I’ve never seen a runner stuffing his face during a run to increase his stamina. This is just so stupid. Now water on the other hand should boost your stamina. And it should only lower your stamina when you are dying of thirst. Also your stamina should last longer the better shape you are in like alpha 16.

Hordes are way to OP for horde night. They need to do less damage on blocks. They go through concrete blocks now like they are paper, and this is on 1st horde night. Also they need to be dumb down. They are way too smart now. They avoid all traps if possible. You can’t pull them trough traps either. They seem just interest in destroying your base and not going after you. No Fun. The AI is way too smart for zombies. Dumb them back down to zombies.

I don’t know why you would change stamina. It was fine the way it was in last alphas.

While some things still need fine-tuning in A17, like perhaps the hunger/stamina formula, stamina wasn't fine in previous alphas. It was nearly infinite - way too generous, never had to worry about it. Might as well remove the ui bar if it's like that. Water definitely shouldn't increase your current stamina value, if that is what you mean. It already increases stamina regeneration.

The shape of your character is determined by the attributes and perks you get and it does make a difference.

Water-Not stamina value just boost it back close or to the current value.

Far as stamina, it was not infinite in older version. It went down fast when your first started. It then kept getting better and better as you got into better shape or put points into I believe athletic perk. Again it was fine. I never heard anyone complain about it. But it should not be base on how much food you have ate. That is just stupid. It should be base off your health and physical shape and what ever perks there are.

I like the concept of the new stamina system but I feel that it might be better balanced, or at least more agreeable, if the max stamina drain didn't start until your food level was below a threshold. As it is now, max stamina = food level. Maybe it should be max stamina = 2x food level, so that it doesn't start to drop until you're below 50% food? Or 1.5x food level, or even 1.1x, just so you can keep full max stamina by eating regularly rather than constantly.

I agree that the stamina and food link just does not make sense. I also agree that it was much to generous in A16.

It would be much better if stamina was directly related to the strength and fitness perks. The more you put into those perks, the less your stamina reduces during doing things (including max stamina, it goes too fast!!), while resting/walking/crouching brings it back up. Perhaps water can bring your max back up over time.

I don’t know why you would change stamina. It was fine the way it was in last alphas. Stamina should be based on how fit you are. The athletic skill was good. Now it is based on food which makes no since. So you have a fat guy and an athletic guy. They both eat the same amount so they have the same stamina, NOT. Stamina should only be effect by food when you are starving. I’ve never seen a runner stuffing his face during a run to increase his stamina. This is just so stupid. Now water on the other hand should boost your stamina. And it should only lower your stamina when you are dying of thirst. Also your stamina should last longer the better shape you are in like alpha 16.

Hordes are way to OP for horde night. They need to do less damage on blocks. They go through concrete blocks now like they are paper, and this is on 1st horde night. Also they need to be dumb down. They are way too smart now. They avoid all traps if possible. You can’t pull them trough traps either. They seem just interest in destroying your base and not going after you. No Fun. The AI is way too smart for zombies. Dumb them back down to zombies.

As pointed out by others, the stamina setup prior to this build was basically broken. Once you'd increased wellness, etc, you were basically the Energizer Bunny. There should be a fair, but distinct, way that stamina is utilized so that it's not gone so quickly, but also isn't virtually indefinite. Personally, I like the way it is now generally speaking, though running out of stam so fast seems like it needs slight adjustment (and also, the stam perks ingame could be adjusted to reflect such changes).

Think about it though. You might not see a professional athlete shoving food down their gullet during a race, but they certainly need the extra fuel while training. If nothing else, try doing hard physical work (like logging, mining, etc) on an empty stomach. Makes sense that when you work hard, you'd need to eat/drink more to maintain that level of intensity. Again, not saying the system doesn't need work ingame, but i see the point.

I do agree with the idea that zombies do a ton of damage more than i think they should, especially at low levels. Day 7 hordes hit *really* hard...much harder than anything you'd find on consoles (or even, apparently, previous pc versions). This needs some attention.

Overall, I'm really liking the game (yes, even the level gating stuff which isn't perfect and also needs work) as it stands. It's still leagues better than console versions, and I'm fairly certain that all of the issues we're seeing in the experimental build will be dealt with before this version is released as stable.

My main point about food and stamina is it should not be mainly based on food. But yes when food lvl is low about 20% then it show have some factor involving stamina. Overall I do enjoy the game so far. These are just my thoughts on a few issues.

Archived