Old skill system

Kieron

I'm working on it but so far it looks iffy. Would welcome anyone else helping look into this. It doesn't seem like we can direct xp to skills when doing an action or when crafting anymore . I think I can tick a cvar on most action events and connect that to a "Skill" but I'm having trouble trying to tick a cvar every time you craft an item, no luck so far.

+1

I had no problems with the old skill system. Very dynamic and gave you lots of room to try different builds. Loved the old wellness system too. Made you always chase after what gave you the most nutritional value.

Unfortunately a bad side effect of working on a huge patch overhaul that takes a year is that it will end up being divisive. A17's combat and zombie AI is a huuuuge improvement and the shining star of this new patch. But A16's skill up as you work it, and the perk system is better imo. Join those two and the update is in great shape!

I'm working on it but so far it looks iffy. Would welcome anyone else helping look into this. It doesn't seem like we can direct xp to skills when doing an action or when crafting anymore . I think I can tick a cvar on most action events and connect that to a "Skill" but I'm having trouble trying to tick a cvar every time you craft an item, no luck so far.

Forget the crafting part. The xp from that was always negligible compared to the action. If there is a way to get just the action part working that would be great.

Eureka I got it! Crating items to improve their quality and doing actions to get better at them is back and will be in The True Survival Mod for A17.

Did it require SDX edits as well? I am also interested in bringing back old skill system where you have certain skills, that level up by doing stuff.

This is my one major gripe with A17. So many steps forward but the skills / perk system overhaul feels like a step backwards.

Everything feels artificially gated now. It lacks the sense of accomplishment that came with getting better by performing actions. The perk system was at its best during A15. I'd love to see this get modded in.

This is my one major gripe with A17. So many steps forward but the skills / perk system overhaul feels like a step backwards.

Everything feels artificially gated now. It lacks the sense of accomplishment that came with getting better by performing actions. The perk system was at its best during A15. I'd love to see this get modded in.

And I think this hurts multiplayer especially, when you have people joining together by different builds. One's an armorsmith, a builder, etc.

Eureka I got it! Crating items to improve their quality and doing actions to get better at them is back and will be in The True Survival Mod for A17.

Good stuff. Can't wait to have the old system back. Once this is back and the stamina/food thing is fixed it might actually be fun playing

Unfortunately I have had some set backs. Having problems making a perk apply only to set items.

God this new skill system in code and game play sucks so bad. This games skill/leveling system is now like EVERY OTHER GAME, how fashionable for them. RRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm frustrated! :(

Unfortunately I have had some set backs. Having problems making a perk apply only to set items.

God this new skill system in code and game play sucks so bad. This games skill/leveling system is now like EVERY OTHER GAME, how fashionable for them. RRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm frustrated! :(

Thanks for your efforts bud, If ya need someone to bounce idea's off or other help let me know. Im not the best modder around but know enough that i may be able to help. This new perk system, what were they thinking, I cant even play the game with it, its childish and made for consoles.

Archived