Trader not marked on Map

Humpher

so I got all the survival quests compete and now I am being sent to the Trader...Tool tip says marked on map however, it's not marked and the "locate trader" that shows up in the top right hand corner does not give a distance either it's set at 0.0km.

anyone else seen this? or am I just plain blind :)

I know the issue likely persists, but the last couple of maps i tested before today, it started with 0,0 as before, but after about 10 seconds it showed whatever was close.

Then, this also took place. It says I'm literally on the opposite end of the map from the closest one. I'll update if i find one while moving about, but not sure if its broken...or that really *is* the closest one, which would be disheartening.

(Edit: got it to work. Really don't like Steam sometimes. <_< )

(Edit 2: after flying around for a while, there was a second trader close to the first, nothing on other end of the map lol...leaving that map to test others)

20181124171648_1.thumb.jpg.b7dc39b3303a96b33daa770526b14a84.jpg

I'm not sure if it's always the case, but in my case the distance indicator started working when I got close enough to the trader (not super close, just within a couple of km). Keep moving around, it'll show up. And it's only one skill point, so no worries if you never find it.

Im pretty sure you don't get a skill point for finding the trader. You get 5 points for completing the tutorial up to placing a campfire, with the trader being a follow-on.

Sounds right, i dont remember getting a point for finding the trader. Mainly, I use them for the stations and to get tools. Considering testing things out by not actually buying anything from them for the first 7 days and not using any stations within their facilities. Might be fun. :)

Im pretty sure you don't get a skill point for finding the trader. You get 5 points for completing the tutorial up to placing a campfire, with the trader being a follow-on.

You may be right. I'm not sure why I was thinking of a skill point, maybe I just happened to level up around the time I found my trader. Or did A16 give you one upon finding him? I don't remember..

Archived