Skill LVL Gates be gone!

Shiana

I think level gates have no use in this game. Remove them, and replace them through sensible, logical gates.

For example: Bicycle. Should not be gated by level, but for example by the forge perk, because i need forged metal for it. And so on. After a bit of thinking, you could really come up with useful gates instead of level requirements.

I agree that at least level requirements could be softer for character perks. But when it comes to recipe/quality perks I'd use the Subnautica way of getting schematics instead of leveling. Might even be slower than the current rate at which you get them, but they wouldn't feel gated, players would be able to search for specific schematics first and would encourage exploring.

Level gates are garbage. They were garbage in A16 and moreso here. If perks require prerequisite perks that's fine. But locking things behind an arbitrary level encourages the player to gather more XP, i.e. to kill zombies in lieu of exploring/building which I feel is and should be the focus of the game (because the combat is just not exciting, even with the revamp).

Archived