Solo play perk selection question

torgeir42

The one for +inv space, the regen one in fortitude, as well as farming, trader ones are good too, as you don't have other players to help you get stuff. Master chef lv 1 asap, (lv 2 is not worth it early game as most of the stuff you can make is worse than bacon and eggs that needs lv 1), 1st rule cardio I drop a point in the second I get my first point, then I get 3 str and the lv 2 in the inv carry capacity one. Intel u could get a bit later, just make sure to have 4 intel by lv 20, and a 5th skill point to get forge.

Getting a few levels in the perk that gives +headshot damage is nice. I choose melee, since most will want high str. Try to get a fireaxe and the stuff to repair it, you can repair iron/steel tools/weapons ands guns at level 1, you don't need to be able to craft them to repair them in a17. Hell I found a steel fireaxe 2 game hours into day 1. then bought some steel at the trader to fix it, I now have my default melee weapon, though it was only tier 1, so I need a better one to mod it later.

I focus more on crafting/survivng than damage dealing at first, as with a iron or steel fireaxe most early game enemies take 2-3 headshots to kill even without perks. It'll also insta knockdown non-fat zombies early game. Not sure if what I do is optimal, but its what I found works for me, your mileage may vary.

I spawned in the desert, so temperature resistance helped. Other than that I grabbed the first rank of hydration, fullness, mother lode, healing, cardio, master chef (boiled eggs recipe unlock).

For stats I have 2 ranks in everything, 3 in Intellect. Not sure if this is the perfect min-maxer layout, but I am level 11 and I haved died once.

I'm only up to level 5 or 6, so I'm still adjusting the new skill system to my play style. I tend to be an early scavenger/pack rat, so I allot the initial 5 points from the starter quest like this: 1 point base Intellect for crafting quality increase; 1 point to each of the 3 construction perks under Strength; and 1 point into base strength for extra block damage. Level 2, I went with Master Chef so I could step up from eating raw food. Level 3, I think I went with Cardio, if that's the one that increases your Stamina regen rate. I'm going to try to focus on skills that improve raw resource collection rate, looting, and tools, though I may change up if I need to adapt.

Archived