Death Musings

Gazz

In A17 the death penalties are all buff driven and we're not changing the design from what it is now but different game modes like "Arcade" could become more than a voluntary thing.

Counting kills and player deaths is easy and so is tracking the death event.

You could allow earning a limited amount of "extra lives", as low as one.

If the Very Dead stage is reached you could freeze a player in place, flooring the movement speed.

Just an idle thought...

In A17 the death penalties are all buff driven and we're not changing the design from what it is now but different game modes like "Arcade" could become more than a voluntary thing.

Counting kills and player deaths is easy and so is tracking the death event.

You could allow earning a limited amount of "extra lives", as low as one.

If the Very Dead stage is reached you could freeze a player in place, flooring the movement speed.

Just an idle thought...

Interesting ;)

I can see a few other uses for similar mechanics

UI work isn't my forte but you could definitely pop up an "extra lives" buff in different colours depending on the number of lives, maybe using the item tier colours.

The ability to track actions has become a lot greater in general.

Hitting a burnt zombie with a hunting knife (and only this weapon and this zombie) could start a buff on either you or the zombie, increase a variable counter, anything, really.

Gone are the days when damage and stamina were the only "real" stats. =)

UI work isn't my forte but you could definitely pop up an "extra lives" buff in different colours depending on the number of lives, maybe using the item tier colours.

The ability to track actions has become a lot greater in general.

Hitting a burnt zombie with a hunting knife (and only this weapon and this zombie) could start a buff on either you or the zombie, increase a variable counter, anything, really.

Gone are the days when damage and stamina were the only "real" stats. =)

Looking forward to digging into the xml's ;)

After playing it a bit first tho :)

Archived