Backdoor the new poi dungeons?

leaderdog

Sorry if this is asked, but I couldn't find it.

With the new "dungeon" poi's, and the lack of loot now given for effort to remove zombies from the equation, wouldn't it just be simpler to nerd pole up where the "goods" are at the end of the dungeon, go through the wall and profit? Then leave.

I know I've done that several times in the pawn store. It becomes a bit of a nuisance to do the same thing over and over with time constraints, so I'd just go in turn left, put a couple frames down and knock out the ceiling, grab the goods and leave. Wasn't worth the effort to kill the zombies or jump around the building just to get there.

I realize this will no doubt be disappointing to the dungeon level designers. but that's going to happen. Especially now that zombies are more of a nuisance rather than walking loot containers.

I mean, if I'm going to have to "trade blows" to kill the zombies... I obviously wouldn't.

Seriously, it would be stupid to do so. At that point, why haven't I just duct taped a knife to the end of a broom handle to keep the stinky bastards well away from me with a well placed spear through the face? Or even a sharp pointy stick, or widdle a point on the end of a broom or hockey stick. Hockey stick far more sturdy. But I'm getting off topic..

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of some dungeony type houses, but every house is a bit much. But pretty sure not every house will be designed that way if I remember correctly.

In A16 all the building were pretty cookie cutter so we always knew where the supplies were after a while. From what I understand A17 has vastly new poi’s where I believe you will have to explore now to find the supplies. Then after a while you might figure out where the stash is in each building. But I don’t know how much the houses will repeat.

I personally think I will like the different dungeon layouts as it’s more exploration. So to answer your question, I don’t know wait for A17 to come out.

I think you'll probably have to shortcut through at least some of these houses in the beginning.

When you don't have gear you really can't afford to fight.

It's just too resource intensive [including medical resources].

Mid game, however, you can choose to go through the houses dungeon style.

It's for fun.

Kind of like the Construction site dungeon crawl we have down.

There are ways to cheat that by framing up to stuff but it's a LOT of fun to work your way up.

Now we are going to have a bunch of those and it's going to be great for people who like that sort of thing.

Looking forward to playing A17.

With the new "dungeon" poi's, and the lack of loot now given for effort to remove zombies from the equation, wouldn't it just be simpler to nerd pole up where the "goods" are at the end of the dungeon, go through the wall and profit? Then leave.

lets put steel walls and vault doors at the end

Archived