Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=Krash;276312]Snip[/QUOTE] The block causing errors in my prefab were some SOD blocks. Seems their ID has changed. After I replaced those (showed only as a black "unknown" block in the editor) my prefab loads without errors.

The method to put POIs into the random gen is different But the good news is you can set the probability of the POI to spawn. The hiearchy of the new rwgmixer is pretty easy but allows for a ton of control and niftiness. you can put Prefabs together in "hubs" and then put that into another larger hub that is nestled inside a cell that has a chance to spawn when world gen happens. It's very dynamic. I have a thread for it with a basic over view. As for editing the prefabs *shrug*, that's why I'm here. I got an awesome idea and wanted to start working on some buildings. I'll see if what I make happens to work. :D

[QUOTE=HAL9000;276118]That's the plan. Just checked out the code for A12, quite a lot of changes and another method for obfuscation so I need to figure out a new plan. Not sure on the converter. There's not many block changes so a converter may not be necessary. The converters were about getting you 95% of the way there and that seems to be already the case. Hal[/QUOTE] Oh my god, I love you haha. I didnt even consider trying out the old prefabs. Now that I did that I can already use some...wtf haha Imma test how many of the 74 prefabs I have are still there :)

[QUOTE=The Last Survivor;277003]So will you be updating your XML editor as well? I love that thing and don't know where I can find the latest download ):[/QUOTE] just download the file on the first page. The tool has a update-function - and will update automaticly. Newest version is 0.42. It is fully compatibel with Alpha10.4 U can also always push the manual update-button too. The editor works fine singlely. But don't let the editor overwrite the gamefiles if its ask !!!!!!!!!! (It is not compatibel with A12 yet - Hal is working on a update!) Mag

[QUOTE=Magoli;277074]just download the file on the first page. The tool has a update-function - and will update automaticly. Newest version is 0.42. It is fully compatibel with Alpha10.4 U can also always push the manual update-button too. The editor works fine singlely. But don't let the editor overwrite the gamefiles if its ask !!!!!!!!!! (It is not compatibel with A12 yet - Hal is working on a update!) Mag[/QUOTE] Dang.. You have any idea how to make Vitamins give more wellness? Like how to manually adjust it? Cause I have looked and can't seem to find it anywhere..

[QUOTE=The Last Survivor;277092]Dang.. You have any idea how to make Vitamins give more wellness? Like how to manually adjust it? Cause I have looked and can't seem to find it anywhere..[/QUOTE] sry - no - i dont !!

[QUOTE=The Last Survivor;277003]So will you be updating your XML editor as well? I love that thing and don't know where I can find the latest download ):[/QUOTE] Yep I'm planning to update the XML Editor too but I'm a bit short on time lately so it may take a while and would save me time if you can list any problems when running it against the latest version of the game. The XML editor should be able to handle new XML data without needing an update but for new constructs (like the re-write of the world mixer) it may need some TLC.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;277451]Yep I'm planning to update the XML Editor too but I'm a bit short on time lately so it may take a while and would save me time if you can list any problems when running it against the latest version of the game. The XML editor should be able to handle new XML data without needing an update but for new constructs (like the re-write of the world mixer) it may need some TLC.[/QUOTE] I will see if I can find any bugs / issues. I just tend to use it to tweak items and let me get more wellness from stuff increase stack limits and make stuff be able to be picked up.

Ask for help My server has a broken area, I did not figure out how caused, to see black areas on the map now, I stand up there can not destroy the box, the map is no longer normal, the map is wrong. Does anyone know how to ask it to restore it? I want to keep the construction of the building next to our own. English is poor, we hope to understand. THX [ATTACH=CONFIG]9780[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9781[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9782[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9783[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9784[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=HydroXTV;285198]Not yet :([/QUOTE] I had one of those nights were you just can't sleep last night so I decided to get some stuff done. Did some research for work, finished off some coding and finally got chance to look at A12 under the hood. Good news is I have a modded version of the A12.2 game loading up. The bad news is it won't start any games. But at least it's a step in the right direction. [QUOTE=ChloeNorth;285589]Ask for help My server has a broken area, I did not figure out how caused, to see black areas on the map now, I stand up there can not destroy the box, the map is no longer normal, the map is wrong. Does anyone know how to ask it to restore it? I want to keep the construction of the building next to our own. English is poor, we hope to understand. THX [ATTACH=CONFIG]9780[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9781[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9782[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9783[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9784[/ATTACH][/QUOTE] The only thing I can think of is to export anything you want to save into a prefab, start a new game with the same seed and re-import the prefabs back in. There's no way to reset individual chunks in the current game. Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;285598]I had one of those nights were you just can't sleep last night so I decided to get some stuff done. Did some research for work, finished off some coding and finally got chance to look at A12 under the hood. Good news is I have a modded version of the A12.2 game loading up. The bad news is it won't start any games. But at least it's a step in the right direction. The only thing I can think of is to export anything you want to save into a prefab, start a new game with the same seed and re-import the prefabs back in. There's no way to reset individual chunks in the current game. Hal[/QUOTE] Thats great news! Hope it works out. Thanks HAL. You the MVP

[QUOTE=HAL9000;285598]I had one of those nights were you just can't sleep last night so I decided to get some stuff done. Did some research for work, finished off some coding and finally got chance to look at A12 under the hood. Good news is I have a modded version of the A12.2 game loading up. The bad news is it won't start any games. But at least it's a step in the right direction. The only thing I can think of is to export anything you want to save into a prefab, start a new game with the same seed and re-import the prefabs back in. There's no way to reset individual chunks in the current game. Hal[/QUOTE] Thank you for answering me, Hal And then I would like to ask you if this is how it formed? Is there any way to avoid it? We met in the A11 version, this is the third time. Every time we can only give up the area. And how to keep this place online? I tried to use your tools but it's been a hint that I didn't find the game, even if I had chosen the server's root directory or that. Now I can't open your tools. Which part of my problem? Your tool can be used in the protection of the land use in the A12? What should I do? Poor English, thank you!

yeah - very happy to hear u had time to take care of it Hal I work every day with the 11.4(game) version that works !!! But the rollbacks (2-3 a week) sucks ;) Little things I can do very well with the editor itself. But big repairs or builts i have to do manually in game - and then export. (And the weather is much better in A11 - no rain, no snow, just me and the prefab XD ) best wishes Mag

[QUOTE=ChloeNorth;285625]Thank you for answering me, Hal And then I would like to ask you if this is how it formed? Is there any way to avoid it? We met in the A11 version, this is the third time. Every time we can only give up the area. And how to keep this place online? I tried to use your tools but it's been a hint that I didn't find the game, even if I had chosen the server's root directory or that. Now I can't open your tools. Which part of my problem? Your tool can be used in the protection of the land use in the A12? What should I do? Poor English, thank you![/QUOTE] Hi ChloeNorth, Not sure what causes it but it's been reported on the forums a few times so I think it's a bug in the game somewhere. Have you tried starting a brand new game on a different seed? The current version of the editor isn't compatible with A12. Do not try to use the DLLs or it will break the game. [QUOTE=Magoli;286240]yeah - very happy to hear u had time to take care of it Hal I work every day with the 11.4(game) version that works !!! But the rollbacks (2-3 a week) sucks ;) Little things I can do very well with the editor itself. But big repairs or builts i have to do manually in game - and then export. (And the weather is much better in A11 - no rain, no snow, just me and the prefab XD ) best wishes Mag[/QUOTE] I've got the editor running in A12. The last thing I need to sort is how to get the SteamID of a player. Once that's done I should be able to release the test version. Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;287500] I've got the editor running in A12. The last thing I need to sort is how to get the SteamID of a player. Once that's done I should be able to release the test version. Hal[/QUOTE] Thank you for the time you put into it! Without the editor I wouldn't play the game at all, or at least not as much.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;287500]Hi ChloeNorth, Not sure what causes it but it's been reported on the forums a few times so I think it's a bug in the game somewhere. Have you tried starting a brand new game on a different seed? The current version of the editor isn't compatible with A12. Do not try to use the DLLs or it will break the game. I've got the editor running in A12. The last thing I need to sort is how to get the SteamID of a player. Once that's done I should be able to release the test version. Hal[/QUOTE] Not sure if this will help but they may have moved the location of their saves to the following location (Win 7 64-bit) C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie

[QUOTE=Krash;287560]Thank you for the time you put into it! Without the editor I wouldn't play the game at all, or at least not as much.[/QUOTE] Yes for me the editor is a essential part of the game !!!! In my case even the MOST ESSENTIAL part !!! @Laz: Thx for the savegame-adress. (But a littlebit to late ;) ) I searched the saves yesterday 15 mins :) rockon guys Mag

Archived