Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

Thank you, Hal. I've been quiet on the forums lately after starting a new job, but once Alpha 10 is up and going I will be around again and continuing on my prefabs and my town additions. This will make getting back into the groove so much easier since updating my past work prior to Alpha 10 won't take a tenth of the time I was expecting now!

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;158470]+1 for being in the know... great job Hal. Now maybe you can actually focus a bit on playing the new version :)[/QUOTE] I think everyone is chomping at the bit now to start playing A10 :) [QUOTE=Warsaken;161836]Thank you, Hal. I've been quiet on the forums lately after starting a new job, but once Alpha 10 is up and going I will be around again and continuing on my prefabs and my town additions. This will make getting back into the groove so much easier since updating my past work prior to Alpha 10 won't take a tenth of the time I was expecting now![/QUOTE] Congrats on the new job War! I've used your prison as an example conversion and your shopping centre in the video on how to convert prefabs so I know a couple of them definitely convert ^^

Could I get a direct link to the converter? The .zip that I download from the other thread /says/ it's PrefabConverter.zip, but contains the files for the regular prefab [I]editor[/I]. What's really weird is when I download the xml program, it /says/ it's XmlEditor-Latest.zip, but contains the [I]same files[/I] as PrefabConverter.zip. So either the file server keeps giving me the wrong files, or I'm just completely baffled and can't find any buttons or feature in the new editor to convert prefabs. I've tried in both Firefox and IE just to make sure I'm not running any crazy extensions (vanilla IE, like, first time use IE), and also ccleaner'ed just to make sure some weird cookies weren't installed.

Hey guys, The links in the [URL="http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?18501-Tools-and-Modding-for-Alpha-10"]post for the other tools[/URL] are now working. I couldn't release them till A10 was out and I missed the release. The prefab editor isn't updated yet. I couldn't prepare it because of any last minute changes. I'll let you know when it's available. Hal

[QUOTE=Guppycur;164222]Not sure if this is relevant knowledge for when you release the new version of the editor, but when using the OLD editor to fix the doors that didn't convert properly, saving the prefab resets all of the orientations to DownWest. Well, for me, anyway...[/QUOTE] Thanks Guppy but that is expected behaviour. You'll need the updated version of the editor to load A10 prefabs. There's hundreds of changes that need applying to make the editor work again. I'll be looking at it soon. I'll probably cut back on the functionality and concentrate on the core first. My first goal will be to get the prefab editor working. Then will come claims/saves and then finally all the extra stuff. I've not even looked at the world editor because all the errors makes me feel sad haha

I think you're making the right call; the time it takes just to focus on the editor... I don't even see how you managed to BEGIN those other projects. Anyway, wanted to make sure you knew. I guess it makes sense, since the default blocks are DownWest and we're basically switching blocks. If you could fix the doors on the converter, I doubt we'd need to do any editing; on my prefabs at least, everything converted well except for the doors. Basically, the doors got converted to two doors (bottom and top), problem is now that doors are one block they overlap.

[QUOTE=Guppycur;164416]I think you're making the right call; the time it takes just to focus on the editor... I don't even see how you managed to BEGIN those other projects. Anyway, wanted to make sure you knew. I guess it makes sense, since the default blocks are DownWest and we're basically switching blocks. If you could fix the doors on the converter, I doubt we'd need to do any editing; on my prefabs at least, everything converted well except for the doors. Basically, the doors got converted to two doors (bottom and top), problem is now that doors are one block they overlap.[/QUOTE] Yeah I'd noticed there were two and thought I'd resolved it. Can you send me an example prefab? Trees are the same. There's now a way of telling if a block is a child of another and this helps the game to decide what gets rendered.

Tinyupload seems to be having problems, so [URL="http://www.filedropper.com/gup-bank"]here [/URL] is the A9 version, but I've never used this hosting service, let me now if there are issues. You'll see that the front doors (SecureMetal) are fine, but the interior doors (SecureWooden) go all loopy. [URL="http://www.filedropper.com/gup-bank_1"]Here [/URL]is the A10 version.

Update Time! Updated: A10 Support Removed: DLL Modifications Updated: Prefab Block IDs Added: Block Meta2 access IMPORTANT!!! When updating through the editor it will ask you if you want to update the DLL. Say No or bad things will happen! The prefab editor now works with A10 prefabs (and only A10 prefabs). If you still have an A9 prefab you want to work on put it through the converter tool first (link at the bottom of this post). There's currently no DLL modifications needed for the game. So do not copy any DLL files from the editor to the game. This means all "bbb" commands won't work. The way decals work has also changed. You still set the damage to 15 but then you have access to a new meta data dropdown. Meta1 sets the block face the decal will be displayed on and Meta2 sets which decal to use. As always, report your bugs. Cheers, Hal [QUOTE=sethturace;165379]where i can get this conversion tool?[/QUOTE] It's a [URL="http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?18501-Tools-and-Modding-for-Alpha-10"]sticky [/URL]on the main modding page

Hi HAL! First, thank you for updating this great tool for A10. I waited for it impatiently. Now, about bugs, i've got a strange behavior with a "Damage" modificator. 1. I see all blocks "Damage" set to 0 in the editor. At the same time, I see damage level of the blocks ingame, when I load prefabs. 2. I cannot change damage level of the blocks to anything except decals. 3. When I switch between layers, the blocks on the screen, that I know are damaged in the current prefab, convert to another blocks. Impatiently waiting for a fix, and thank you again!

alright chap, just tried to convert my office block prefab in the editor, it immediately crashes when i try to load the prefab in. error is: ************** Exception Text ************** System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: item at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.ObjectCollection.AddInternal(Object item) at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.ObjectCollection.Add(Object item) at SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.GetLayerBlocks() at SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.LoadPrefab(String path, Boolean DiscAccess) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/7DTD_Editor/SDTDEditor.exe ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: CodeBase: file:///C:/7DTD_Editor/Assembly-CSharp.DLL ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/7DTD_Editor/UnityEngine.DLL ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Core Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Web.Services Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.GeneratedCode Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- a link to the prefab is here, [url]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16540913/7D2D%20Prefabs/BigC90210_LargeOfficeBlock.rar[/url]

[QUOTE=xtended2l;166178]Hi HAL! First, thank you for updating this great tool for A10. I waited for it impatiently. Now, about bugs, i've got a strange behavior with a "Damage" modificator. 1. I see all blocks "Damage" set to 0 in the editor. At the same time, I see damage level of the blocks ingame, when I load prefabs. 2. I cannot change damage level of the blocks to anything except decals. 3. When I switch between layers, the blocks on the screen, that I know are damaged in the current prefab, convert to another blocks. Impatiently waiting for a fix, and thank you again![/QUOTE] Thanks xtended. I've fixed the damage not being set properly but I can't replicate blocks turning into other blocks on layer change. Can you send me an example prefab with instructions on how to make them change? [QUOTE=bigc90210;166215]alright chap, just tried to convert my office block prefab in the editor, it immediately crashes when i try to load the prefab in. [/QUOTE] Hey BigC. That prefab you linked is an A9 prefab. Did you copy the prefab from the "Conversion" folder like in the video? I've just run your download through the converter and it opened ok in the A10 editor. Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;166265]Thanks xtended. I've fixed the damage not being set properly but I can't replicate blocks turning into other blocks on layer change. Can you send me an example prefab with instructions on how to make them change? [/QUOTE] You can use any prefab. Just load one, set mode to "Info". Click on any pixel, no matter right or left click. remember the position where you clicked. Now switch through the layers, all pixels at the same coordinates will change, sometimes to air, sometimes to other blocks, I cannot find an algorythm how it happens. I hope it helps.

Archived