Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

Hi Hal thanks again for getting the world editor working for me. My brother and I are undertaking a huge build on top of a mountain that is (so far) 152x225 at a height of +174. When I try to claim it the claim is only 33x33. Is there a way to increase claim size in world editor. I have tried exporting chunks but nothing happens.

My apologies I should have explained it better. We are on a dedi server and the editor does not show the server in the backup manager. The only access to the server is by bbb command or the world editor. EDIT: NVM the new bb code exsw does exactly what I wanted. Thanks Hal making this build soooo much easier.

Hey Hal, I am having some issues with the World Editor on 0.73 on my dedi. First of all, when I load the world editor it gives me an error message saying: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Could not find a part of the path 'D:\steamcmd\7_days_to_die_server\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll'.) That path listed is not correct, my Data folder is: 7DaysToDieServer_Data Just to get around that I copied my entire "7DaysToDieServer_Data" and placed one in the 7D2D directory that would satisfy that path. After that, that error message went away. Then, when I would connect to my local dedi, the map would not load, it would just spam: Server Error: Field not found: 'Chunk.BO'.| Not sure what I am doing wrong, have tried several things and been at this for over an hour now. Came here for help. Thank you! Update: Changing all Instances of "7DaysToDieServer_Data" to "7DaysToDie_Data" somewhat fixes the first error message. The launcher now thinks the "SP Editor is installed but not current version." As long as I don't press the "Install Editor DLL" button it runs without errors when starting World Editor, however as soon as I connect I am spammed with : "Server Error: Field not found: 'Chunk.BO'". It only happens when trying to Generate chunks. If I set the "Map" drop down box to None, the errors stop. Any other alternative causes the errors, especially FollowRoads.

[QUOTE=Mana;590307]My apologies I should have explained it better. We are on a dedi server and the editor does not show the server in the backup manager. The only access to the server is by bbb command or the world editor. EDIT: NVM the new bb code exsw does exactly what I wanted. Thanks Hal making this build soooo much easier.[/QUOTE] Glad you got it working Mana. The other ways to change the settings are by filling in your FTP details in the settings form and using the FTP option in the backup manager or by going to the save game location and editing the file "7DaysToDie\Saves\\\BlockBackup\settings.txt" [QUOTE=SpencerXZX;590340]Hey Hal, I am having some issues with the World Editor on 0.73 on my dedi. First of all, when I load the world editor it gives me an error message saying: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Could not find a part of the path 'D:\steamcmd\7_days_to_die_server\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll'.) That path listed is not correct, my Data folder is: 7DaysToDieServer_Data Just to get around that I copied my entire "7DaysToDieServer_Data" and placed one in the 7D2D directory that would satisfy that path. After that, that error message went away. Then, when I would connect to my local dedi, the map would not load, it would just spam: Server Error: Field not found: 'Chunk.BO'.| Not sure what I am doing wrong, have tried several things and been at this for over an hour now. Came here for help. Thank you! Update: Changing all Instances of "7DaysToDieServer_Data" to "7DaysToDie_Data" somewhat fixes the first error message. The launcher now thinks the "SP Editor is installed but not current version." As long as I don't press the "Install Editor DLL" button it runs without errors when starting World Editor, however as soon as I connect I am spammed with : "Server Error: Field not found: 'Chunk.BO'". It only happens when trying to Generate chunks. If I set the "Map" drop down box to None, the errors stop. Any other alternative causes the errors, especially FollowRoads.[/QUOTE] Hello SpencerXZX, Sounds like you're using the SP DLL on a dedi or an old version of the editor/dll. Look in the editor folder and there's a file called "Assembly-CSharp Dedicated.DLL" copy that to the dedi, rename the old assembly-csharp.dll file as a backup if you want to revert and rename the editor one to replace it.

[QUOTE=masel;591507]I also recieving those Chunk.BO Errors on 0.73, World Editor seems to be broken. :( And yes, i copied the Assembly-CSharp Dedicated.dll and renamed it to Assembly-CSharp.dll as always.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Impenitent;591589]I tried multiple times updating to 0.73, copying the new dedicated.dll and still got the error so it may be a bug for just some people and not others? anyway 0.72 still works fine for me so I'm fine using that :)[/QUOTE] Yep could be a bug that's only for certain people but unfortunately I'm not one of those people so it's hard to track down the problem. The Chunks.BO field only exists is the b8 build of the dedi DLL so if it's saying it can't find that variable it makes me lean towards that something isn't running the b8 version of the DLL. If I get time over the weekend I'll do a reset to vanilla and go through all the steps you guys need to do and see if I can recreate the problem.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;591685]Yep could be a bug that's only for certain people but unfortunately I'm not one of those people so it's hard to track down the problem. The Chunks.BO field only exists is the b8 build of the dedi DLL so if it's saying it can't find that variable it makes me lean towards that something isn't running the b8 version of the DLL. If I get time over the weekend I'll do a reset to vanilla and go through all the steps you guys need to do and see if I can recreate the problem.[/QUOTE] Ok I started fresh just to make sure it is not user error :), redownloaded the editor zip, extracted to c:\SDTD Editor Latest, shutdown my dedi server, took Assembly-CSharp Dedicated.dll (checked crc and filesize) copied to my dedi server in managed folder and renamed Assembly-CSharp.dll, Restared server. Jumped in SDTDEditor set local folder and name, went to world editor all works great, closed world editor. Updated via the update button. shutdown my dedi server, took Assembly-CSharp Dedicated.dll (checked crc and filesize) copied to my dedi server in managed folder and renamed Assembly-CSharp.dll, Restared server. started getting the Chunks.BO. NOW here is the crazy thing! i had the old copy 0.72 in a backup folder and ran SDTDEditor (0.72) with the 0.73 dll on my server and it ran perfectly lol??? these are the file crc and sizes: 0.72 Assembly_CSharp Dedicated.dll CRC32:41BFA4CB size 6185984 0.73 Assembly_CSharp Dedicated.dll CRC32:327046E2 size 6186496 I will try a clean reinstall of the 7 days to die server and client later today if I can get time. Still having fun with this great program!

[QUOTE=Impenitent;591707]Ok I started fresh just to make sure it is not user error :), redownloaded the editor zip, extracted to c:\SDTD Editor Latest, shutdown my dedi server, took Assembly-CSharp Dedicated.dll (checked crc and filesize) copied to my dedi server in managed folder and renamed Assembly-CSharp.dll, Restared server. Jumped in SDTDEditor set local folder and name, went to world editor all works great, closed world editor. Updated via the update button. shutdown my dedi server, took Assembly-CSharp Dedicated.dll (checked crc and filesize) copied to my dedi server in managed folder and renamed Assembly-CSharp.dll, Restared server. started getting the Chunks.BO. NOW here is the crazy thing! i had the old copy 0.72 in a backup folder and ran SDTDEditor (0.72) with the 0.73 dll on my server and it ran perfectly lol??? these are the file crc and sizes: 0.72 Assembly_CSharp Dedicated.dll CRC32:41BFA4CB size 6185984 0.73 Assembly_CSharp Dedicated.dll CRC32:327046E2 size 6186496 I will try a clean reinstall of the 7 days to die server and client later today if I can get time. Still having fun with this great program![/QUOTE] God I love reproducable steps. Just reading that I think I know the problem. Sounds like the editor will be built in Dedicated mode (meaning it's wanting to get all it's info from dedicated version of the DLL) and you guys should never get the editor in that mode. You should be able to test by deleting the Assembly-Csharp.dll from the editor folder and renaming the dedicated one (still in the editor folder). Run the world editor and see if it works. I'll do some tests after work and release an update if that's the fix.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;591711]God I love reproducable steps. Just reading that I think I know the problem. Sounds like the editor will be built in Dedicated mode (meaning it's wanting to get all it's info from dedicated version of the DLL) and you guys should never get the editor in that mode. You should be able to test by deleting the Assembly-Csharp.dll from the editor folder and renaming the dedicated one (still in the editor folder). Run the world editor and see if it works. I'll do some tests after work and release an update if that's the fix.[/QUOTE] Bingo that works!

[QUOTE=HAL9000;579734]Update Time! ....... Added: bbb ResetChunk command ResetChunk syntax is bbb ResetChunk with the x and z parameters as the EW / NS position for the chunk. Any point in the chunk should work.[/QUOTE] Hi HAL9000, hope all is well :) So I restored the old corrupt region file to test out the "bbb ResetChunk" command and to check if it could restore the corrupt chunk. Unfortunately it still didn't work. The server log shows: [CODE]2017-03-06T16:28:21 60.934 INF Process message: bbb ResetChunk 2156 3382 2017-03-06T16:28:21 60.935 INF Process message from mythan: bbb ResetChunk 2156 3382 2017-03-06T16:28:21 60.939 INF Process message: Resetting chunk at 2156, 3382. Key 906238099590. You may need to restart the client to see the change. 2017-03-06T16:28:21 60.940 INF Process message from --BBB--: Resetting chunk at 2156, 3382. Key 906238099590. You may need to restart the client to see the change. 2017-03-06T16:28:21 60.942 INF Process server internal message: resetting chunk at 2156, 3382. Key 906238099590. You may need to restart the client to see the change. 2017-03-06T16:28:21 60.945 INF Chat: '--BBB--': Resetting chunk at 2156, 3382. Key 906238099590. You may need to restart the client to see the change. 2017-03-06T16:28:22 61.946 INF Chunk Gen Time Out! 2017-03-06T16:28:22 61.946 INF Process message: Chunk reset failed due to timeout. Try restarting and not having the chunk loaded when resetting 2017-03-06T16:28:22 61.947 INF Process message from --BBB--: Chunk reset failed due to timeout. Try restarting and not having the chunk loaded when resetting 2017-03-06T16:28:22 61.948 INF Process server internal message: chunk reset failed due to timeout. Try restarting and not having the chunk loaded when resetting 2017-03-06T16:28:22 61.949 INF Chat: '--BBB--': Chunk reset failed due to timeout. Try restarting and not having the chunk loaded when resetting[/CODE] I tried the following: 1) Standing next to the chunk, tried command, failed, restarted server, tried again, failed. 2) Teleported far away, restarted server, tried command, failed. What I ended up doing on the live server more than a month ago was to turn every building into a prefab, deleted the region file and restored all the bases and container items, took me hours! O_O Have you seen a corrupt chunk as bad as this before? Would it help if I gave you a copy of the region file? Regardless, I'll make a thread about this in the PC Bugs section and hopefully TFP looks at it one day :)

Hi mythan, Sure, send me the save data and seed name etc and I'll take a look. What version of the game did the region come from? I'm in the final two weeks of a big project so not sure when I'll get round to it but I'll see what I can do

[QUOTE=HAL9000;592690]Hi mythan, Sure, send me the save data and seed name etc and I'll take a look. What version of the game did the region come from? I'm in the final two weeks of a big project so not sure when I'll get round to it but I'll see what I can do[/QUOTE] No problem about the timing on this since I already rebuilt the region file, however it would be good to see if it can be fixed in case it happens again in the future - or anything additional that I can feed into the bug report. The corruption most likely happened on A15, but could be A15.1. The symptoms are still exactly the same on A15.2. [b]The region is available here:[/b] [url]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nnhlvkk0gbf73ve/AADnEWGLLxJoGqUquyYgirUQa?dl=0[/url] [b]Seed:[/b] oz.nZ [b]Chunk Coordinate:[/b] 2156 3382 You don't want to teleport right to those coordinates or log out while inside the chunk because your char will get stuck (and you have teleport away again using the map "m") or when rejoining the server your 7DTD client will get stuck and you have to use console to teleport away. Good luck with your project!

Hey Hal, would it be too much trouble to incorporate the backpack expansion mod into the dll? ([url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34533-Backpack-Expansion[/url]) I find managing the blocks I need in game to be a chore with the limited backpack space, and I'm more of a visual hands-on builder. Thanks either way!

[QUOTE=mythan;593026]No problem about the timing on this since I already rebuilt the region file, however it would be good to see if it can be fixed in case it happens again in the future - or anything additional that I can feed into the bug report. The corruption most likely happened on A15, but could be A15.1. The symptoms are still exactly the same on A15.2. [b]The region is available here:[/b] [url]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nnhlvkk0gbf73ve/AADnEWGLLxJoGqUquyYgirUQa?dl=0[/url] [b]Seed:[/b] oz.nZ [b]Chunk Coordinate:[/b] 2156 3382 You don't want to teleport right to those coordinates or log out while inside the chunk because your char will get stuck (and you have teleport away again using the map "m") or when rejoining the server your 7DTD client will get stuck and you have to use console to teleport away. Good luck with your project![/QUOTE] Thanks, I've grabbed a copy. The chances are high that I will forget about this (I'm starting to forget the big stuff like peoples names and putting pants on before going outside) so feel free to drop reminders if you think it's been a while. [QUOTE=TSBX;593325]Hey Hal, would it be too much trouble to incorporate the backpack expansion mod into the dll? ([url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34533-Backpack-Expansion[/url]) I find managing the blocks I need in game to be a chore with the limited backpack space, and I'm more of a visual hands-on builder. Thanks either way![/QUOTE] If it does happen it won't be for a while. I'd rather get the editor converted over to SDX then you can [URL="https://youtu.be/Yo092Z_Mirk?t=41"]do it yourself[/URL] or wait for TFP to release their tools so everything is built in to the game [QUOTE=Guppycur;593360]Or give us a step by step on how to build a dll?[/QUOTE] Step 2794 ??? Step 2795 profit!

My sister watched your first linked video about Hals Editor She worrys about it saying it will delete all the regions when Publishing a prefab. I have been trying to convince her to install Hal on the Dedi server we are playing on. We have already lost 3 or 4 great builds because of server glitches and it resetting everything. (this is without the Editor so its not the Editors l fault.) So the Question is Do we have to delete regions? or can we just install and save our current builds on our dedicated server. I never had trouble with it on the single player or multiplayer hosted game. That was not my own fault.

Archived