Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

Adding models for farming So I was speaking to Valmod creator and he wrote me an interesting response to the idea of adding crops to the existing game."An issue with adding new crops is that I cannot add new models or textures to the game. I can only work with what is already present. From an aesthetic standpoint this in itself greatly limits me on what crops I can add." I was curious if there was any way that you know of to add models to greatly expand the means by which mods and conversions (that Valmod attempts) can happen. He works around it by modeling around what exists already. Why is there no way for someone such as this mod creator to add in a similar fashion to AAA games where entirely new textures and modeling techniques exist?

[QUOTE=Mana;561093]I have tried uploading the dedi server dll to my rented server but the server refuses .dll uploads and denies any file name change in that folder.[/QUOTE] If your provider is stopping the upload then the only thing to do is change the provider. There's plenty out there that allow DLL mods. [QUOTE=Mana;561093] Also having an issue when i claimed an existing building to renovate it. I am getting what looks like a candle flame in mid air and a dead space where i cannot insert anything. The editor show the block in place but when i start the game no block appears in that space.[/QUOTE] You're going to need to give more information. Pictures, video or the TTS file that demonstrates the problem.

Hey Gup, Fixing the up key is pretty easy. Having more trouble with the undo command. For some reason it's running half of the command on the local client and not the server so it's getting itself confused. I'll have a dig around when I get some time.

Update Time! Added: bbb IP can now be used to own inserted secure blocks using the [own] flag. Updated: Command browsing now works on dedicated servers Updated: Undo now works on dedicated servers When using bbb ip to insert prefabs you can now use the flag [own] to take ownership of any secured objects in the prefab. Just place the flag at the end of your command e.g. bbb ip eventPOI [own] or bbb ip eventPOI -1220 55 690 [own] Gup, have a play with this version and see if the undo features work on dedi. I've only got a dedi on my local machine so not sure if it's fixed it completely. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;561901]When using bbb ip to insert prefabs you can now use the flag [own] to take ownership of any secured objects in the prefab. Just place the flag at the end of your command e.g. bbb ip eventPOI [own] or bbb ip eventPOI -1220 55 690 [own] [/QUOTE] Thats a cool idea hal, I might have to pinch that for my apimod ;)

[QUOTE=StompyNZ;561942]Thats a cool idea hal, I might have to pinch that for my apimod ;)[/QUOTE] Have at it Stompy. I've put the code in BackupManager.SetOwnerForArea(). If you feel like doing phase 2 - [owner:guppycur] I'll happily steal it back ^^

He Hal, D oyou perchance have a video explaning how to make prefabs naturally spawn into new maps? what i owudl liek to do is create 10 or so base-type prefabs of varying quality and have them spawn in towns or near towns, limitign them to certain perametersl ike, bioem type and only 1 structure per town. so that when I create a map with circular biomes (single mountain or a big crater) the prefabs automatically spawn one per city or players to find on my dedicated server. I'd like to repeat this with a similar treasure hunt type prefab that spawns certain kinds of chests that only spawn certain kinds of loot and certain kinds of loot quality.

[QUOTE=Guppycur;563002]The up arrow on dedi still doesn't seem to work. The test machine is still up and running if you still have the credentials. Port 6200 for that particular machine. Game IP is the same, port 26900, pw "test"[/QUOTE] Hey Gup, The arrow fix comes in the SP DLL. It's a local client function rather than a dedi one. Have you updated both DLL? [QUOTE=Guppycur;563004]Undo seems to work, thanks for that! :)[/QUOTE] Good to know [QUOTE=SlicksGirl;563031]He Hal, D oyou perchance have a video explaning how to make prefabs naturally spawn into new maps? what i owudl liek to do is create 10 or so base-type prefabs of varying quality and have them spawn in towns or near towns, limitign them to certain perametersl ike, bioem type and only 1 structure per town. so that when I create a map with circular biomes (single mountain or a big crater) the prefabs automatically spawn one per city or players to find on my dedicated server. I'd like to repeat this with a similar treasure hunt type prefab that spawns certain kinds of chests that only spawn certain kinds of loot and certain kinds of loot quality.[/QUOTE] I don't do much XML modding these days. As Gup said, he or Stompy are probably your best bet for answers Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;559913]It's in the root of the game install. Where the EXE file is for the game (SP or Dedi) [url]https://gyazo.com/55eefa98a3018a5a702e619df01b5756[/url] It gets created once you start the game with the editor installed.[/QUOTE] I used delayload=-1 and many of the people who already claimed area had their claims vanish. Any ideas of what went wrong? Can you not change the parameter once people save their claims??

[QUOTE=Guppycur;563159]So, update the local sp dll and I'll get the function on my dedi?[/QUOTE] Yup. The dedicated DLL has the fix for the Undo function and the SP DLL has the fix for the up arrow. [QUOTE=Abrondino;563186]I used delayload=-1 and many of the people who already claimed area had their claims vanish. Any ideas of what went wrong? Can you not change the parameter once people save their claims??[/QUOTE] Setting the delayload figure won't effect areas that have already been saved. Were any other settings changed at the same time?

[QUOTE=HAL9000;563339] Setting the delayload figure won't effect areas that have already been saved. Were any other settings changed at the same time?[/QUOTE] No, none. Other than some changes to the serverconfig.xml to increase zombies. But no other changes to the halglobal.txt

Assembly-CSharp error [ATTACH=CONFIG]18605[/ATTACH] I'm getting this error message every couple of minutes. I have never used a editor before but I know I have it installed correctly. The modified Assembly-CSharp.dll isn't working in the game. I have manually copied it over as well as allowing the editor to copy it with the same results.

Assembly-CSharp error [attachment=977:name] I'm not sure if my postings needs to be approved by modurators but I'm posting again in case there was an issue. I'm getting this error when running Hal's editor modifed Assembly-CSharp.dll. Please help.

[QUOTE=Abrondino;563435]No, none. Other than some changes to the serverconfig.xml to increase zombies. But no other changes to the halglobal.txt[/QUOTE] Not sure what it could be. Keep having a play with it. If you find a way to reproduce it let me know and I'll have a look [QUOTE=sege5641;563449][ATTACH=CONFIG]18605[/ATTACH] I'm getting this error message every couple of minutes. I have never used a editor before but I know I have it installed correctly. The modified Assembly-CSharp.dll isn't working in the game. I have manually copied it over as well as allowing the editor to copy it with the same results.[/QUOTE] Are you copying the first-pass DLL? You don't need to copy that DLL. Do a reset in steam by verifying the local cache and just copy the Assembly-CSharp.DLL file, nothing else. If you have copied the firstpass DLL it's important to do the reset to remove any old files.

I am encountering an intermittent problem when exporting an area. Occasionally the exported area is shifting several blocks cutting off part of my prefab. I stand at the same spot each time but sometimes the area exported is changing.

[QUOTE=Mana;563748]I am encountering an intermittent problem when exporting an area. Occasionally the exported area is shifting several blocks cutting off part of my prefab. I stand at the same spot each time but sometimes the area exported is changing.[/QUOTE] How are you exporting the prefabs? If you've creating a claimed area then that position is locked, it's just when creating it for the first time it looks at the players position. You can edit a claims size and location in the backup manager part of the editor. Check out some of the videos in the OP for examples of people exporting prefabs.

Archived