A13.8 Can't see through Windows?

zootal

I'm guessing this was an A13.8 thing, but can someone confirm that in A13.8, windows are not see-through? I know they are in A16, as I use them a lot. Is there any glass objects that are see-through suitable for window usage in A13.8?

Windows were see through in A13.8 you might have a graphical issue happening with textures set too low

My apologies for posting to the wrong section - I wasn't really looking for "support" rather than just a discussion in general as we take a quick romp down memory lane, but anyhow, details:

I'm running the linux version on Slackware 14.2, current kernel is 4.4.157.

Video card - current card is nVidia 1060, but with my old 660 it did this also. Driver is nVidia proprietary. No specific version, I've seen this for a long time with different driver versions.

32 bit and 64 bit client both do this - the 64 bit client is commented out in 7DaysToDie.sh, but I just run it manually from the console.

Memory - currently 24GB.

Video settings - doesn't matter, I've maxed out eye candy, minimized it, and tried everything between, I haven't found a video setting that effects this.

A13.8. (b7).

Back when 13.8 was the current version, I noticed this, but did not pay attention. In newer versions you can see through windows, I figured it was something that was just fixed in later versions. IIRC, this never worked - are you sure windows are see through 13.8? It works fine in later versions.

So, I craft a "Wood Window". Actually I craft a lot of them because when I move into an abandoned house, I like to replace the broken windows. Place window in window frame or wherever you want to put it. You get a nice windows frame with a black non-see through pane. I'll see if I can post a pic.

- - - Updated - - -

windows_not_see_through.jpg.d7138f623fd46f6f1de5f260075d3f86.jpg

The window is the upper right black pane, I just now crafted it and placed it there.

And just so you know I got the version right, here is another A13.8 pic, this time with the version showing in the upper right corner of screen:

A13_windows_not_work.jpg.48cb412b9074397759b8968ac28ac4a4.jpg

IIRC A14 was a significant graphics overhaul, and while the early linux releases were pretty rough, I just assumed they fixed windows at this point.

It's very possible they worked with the Windows client but not the Linux client. I'll try the Windows client in a bit and post results....

Windows were see through in A13.8 you might have a graphical issue happening with textures set too low

I thought of that, but I tried all of the settings I could play with, nothing helps. It's either an nVidia driver issue on Linux (don't have any ATI cards to play with anymore, can't really test it), or the Linux version just didn't work back then. It does work with the Windows version, and 14.x and above all worked fine.

7D2D early versions had problem with Linux releases, so that would be my first guess - it just didn't work with the Linux version.

Archived