You're at work and get a text, it tells you to.....

DiesFourth

Ive been trying forever to figure out how to explain this and it just now finally came to me after reading a recent thread...

You're at work, doing your job. Your paid so your boss thinks your doing a good job. You provide quality results and or products, some take longer than others but that just part of the job right ?

You and your peers and the industry all feel you do top notch work you can be and should be proud of. Its been a few years now everything is moving along smoothly.

Then you get a random text........... and another, and another.... suddenly your phone is blowing up with random texts from people that don't know you and you don't know them.

The texts are alllll over the place, some say your doing a♥♥♥♥♥♥poor job. some say your incompetent. Others doubt you have a job at all and just party with hookers and blow all day.

Some even say your scamming everyone and just collecting a payday for doing nothing.

Others say your taking to long to do a job they themselves couldn't do in 100 years.

These people know NOTHING about you or your job. They don't know the hours and sacrifices and missed holidays and family time you constantly miss to do your job. They don't have a CLUE about your workload or the issues that constantly crop up that need immediate attention into all hours of the night.

Yet everyday you get more and more texts accusing you of soooooooooooo many unreasonable unrealistic things...... who are these people ?

And some of these people somehow know EXACTLY how long a project they have ZERO knowledge of should take lol

You get some texts even threatening physical harm to you or your offices.........WTF is that about ??? Not to mention the blackmail threats if you don't do something "NOW " some1 somewhere in the world will uninstall your product and start a 1 man campaign to tarnish your name with a scathing negative review, the horror !!

Then you get the texts from people telling you EXACTLY how to do your job, how they would do it and how you need to do it OR your entire company will fail overnight. These people don't have internal company documents or access to the notes/reports from meetings or progress reports.

Its as if everyone suddenly knows exactly how to do your job 100x better and more productive then you can.

Then you FINALLY figure out who these texts are from............. steam forum users commenting on your current project......... 7 day to die.

You're a game developer. You're used to these texts but the people keep sending them.

You sometimes get frustrated and reply trying desperately to educate and inform but to no avail.

You don't even notice the many positive thankful texts you receive that 100% support and believe in you.

With a low chuckle you shut off your phone and get back to work.

Its lucky there's a screen between those people, you and your team members lol

Ignore negative comments I still believe in you : )

+1!! Forums need some love lately. Can't wait to get my hands on a17 but I will because thats how life works. Can't wait to see what modding is like either.

Kin recently added to the dev post and shared some of the xml improvements. Not gonna lie, got a bit of a chub from it. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74084-Developer-Diary-Alpha-17&p=845761&viewfull=1#post845761

One of new things in the updated buff system is that clothing can now have buffs. You go out find some new air jordans, oh look mah I can run faster and jump higher!

Modding weapon attachements looks good now too. So many new things to mod!

Archived