Can loot containers from traders respawn ?

Darkphnix

The stuff you buy from the trader to place in your base won't spawn loot since it's player-placed and not at world generation.

This is how it has been as far as i can tell. I have also noticed that boxes within a certain distance of my base never respawn. and nothing in my base has ever respawned. Is the respawn counter suspended if a player is within a certain distance? or are these player placed objects just art and not functional.

- - - Updated - - -

What Damsel said , if it's been long enough it will respawn. Check your settings pre-load in before you assume anything and under the option Loot respawn check the number next to it . That should tell you how many days you have to be away from it before it respawns the loot.

imagine filling your base with 100 gun boxes. infinite cash the easy way. so i doubt these use placed items spawn anything cept for false hope.

This is how it has been as far as i can tell. I have also noticed that boxes within a certain distance of my base never respawn. and nothing in my base has ever respawned. Is the respawn counter suspended if a player is within a certain distance? or are these player placed objects just art and not functional.

- - - Updated - - -

imagine filling your base with 100 gun boxes. infinite cash the easy way. so i doubt these use placed items spawn anything cept for false hope.

Sorry, didn't realise you meant player-placed, I thought you meant lootable items inside the trader compound. Sorry if it caused a misunderstanding.

The boxes within a certain distance of your base - do you pass through here regularly? If so, you could be resetting the respawn counter - I believe it's if you pass within 8 blocks of an item.

If you get near a container, it resets the timer. I believe the distance is 9-11 meters.

If you get near a container, it resets the timer. I believe the distance is 9-11 meters.

You can prevent that timer reset by leaving an item in the container, like 1 plant fiber. It won't say UNTOUCHED until you have left it the proper number of days to respawn, removed the item, and give it 1-2 seconds to update.

- - - Updated - - -

I’d have to agree. I doubt you could buy enough ammo boxes to make any money but my dreams of an ammo dump are gone. With treasure chests giving so many dukes I needed something to do with my 60k coins. Just for clarity I put the items in a campsite tent away from base and looted the containers there. That way when I went back I could see if the items there had resoawned loot and what my player placed containers did. The non player placed containers had respawned but not the player placed ones. It’s nice to talk about something that isn’t the impending update.

You can prevent that timer reset by leaving an item in the container, like 1 plant fiber. It won't say UNTOUCHED until you have left it the proper number of days to respawn, removed the item, and give it 1-2 seconds to update.

Very true. Have done this to those bird nest around where I build my base. I leave plant fiber in the nest after looting. After I fight on horde night I go around take the fibers out and then collect eggs and feathers. After I collect I go around and put one plant fiber back in and wait it out till next horde.

For me I do this because if you do not then no eggs or feathers will spawn because of being so close. Nest for me are something that makes more sense to have respawn then a book shelf that you already looted or the gas tanks you already empty out. If eggs was in it the first time then birds or whatever left the egg are obviously still around. If not then that egg would not be around and if so you wouldn't be eating it.

Very true. Have done this to those bird nest around where I build my base. I leave plant fiber in the nest after looting. After I fight on horde night I go around take the fibers out and then collect eggs and feathers. After I collect I go around and put one plant fiber back in and wait it out till next horde.

For me I do this because if you do not then no eggs or feathers will spawn because of being so close. Nest for me are something that makes more sense to have respawn then a book shelf that you already looted or the gas tanks you already empty out. If eggs was in it the first time then birds or whatever left the egg are obviously still around. If not then that egg would not be around and if so you wouldn't be eating it.

In my games i run far from my base to a place like grassland desert where nests are easy to find and no tree's. i stand on hay bales to look around for nests.. then i put a stack of 3 hay bales to mark each nest or group of nests.. then every time i run out of arrows i run out to this remote area and run from pole topole grabbing all the feathers.. usually well over 500. this area is far enough from my base that i never interfere with the reset timers.

Archived