Need additional armor/clothing slots for layers

MidnightRook

Hello,

I hope I can gain some insight here. Some of you may know me already and know exactly what I am going on about and others will take an explanation. I have done basic XML modding to add items that for the most part are useless and can only generally be collected.

I am needing to add 1, and preferably 2 slots to the character that can be worn in layers underneath all of the other items. I am looking to see if anyone can make a mod that adds a bra and panty slot. I make these items already but they can only be worn on the shirt and pants slot, so it would need to layer these under shirt and pants on the model. Does anyone know how to add slots to the character? Even if they serve no other function than to add that visual. I know any work for alpha 17 would have to wait obviously, but I have seen mods add backpack slots I wonder if it works similar to that. I sadly am an artist and have NO clue how to code, really. Thanks in advance!

Autumn

You can technically replace a mesh in the resources.assets file with your new items and thus get around it that way.

But it's clunky and no guarantee of success. So underwear would have to go in the pants slot (like shorts do) and a bra would have to go in the chest slot (like a shirt).

So yes, sort-of possible to add the actual items with a lot of messing about. NOT possible to add extra slots to put the items in.

This may point you toward your desired goals.

1 uabe extract umaplayer file all texture2d to png. use this as a visual index, Tga has greater quality but winexplore using large icon view is faster.

2 Look for Bikini both top and bottom, created by devs not actually applied, but still available.

3 go to archtypes.xml look at layer layout. think of it like photoshop layers, or dressup barbie program. same principle.

4 go to items lookup tankTopWhite "look at the syntax and formatting" the other colors are below, get a hex color viewer program, or use photoshop, and make as many colors as you wish.

5 Without creating new slots you may be able to replace the ingame view texture of say teeshirt and shorts to the bikinis both top and bottom. Hope this helps a bit Ps pleas donot turn this into a Second Life Mod :chuncky:

• 4 weeks later...

If you have photoshop skills you could just change the texture of the custom player. I mean if you are only looking for visual underwear, won't be removable. Like change the torso female with top for the nude one and add a bra on it. That way you won't need to code at all.

Archived