Trouble viewing images etc.

kmce

I know this isnt exactly the place to ask, but I am trying to view some of the images larger, from this thread but when I do, I get taken to another page and it says:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Anyone know how i fix this?

I'm going to split this off into a separate thread so it doesn't get lost in the Dev Diary. I seem to remember this happening to others before, and it was a session cookies problem. You may have to set your browser to be more permissive about cookies so the site can remember you're logged in.

Its usually a problem with them not having linked their account to their steam account. There are residual permission limitations that get resolved when someone links their account to steam even though it is no longer required to do so in order to participate in the forums. I usually just check off that they are linked and that fixes it. I did that for kmce and pm'ed them when they first posted that in the dev diary.

I don't know the solution other than to just manually fix it for people who bring it up as the webmaster has tried delving into resolving the issue with the steam link and can't seem to fix it. Hopefully, for their next game TFP does a major upgrade for that forum...

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

PLEASE someone explain what this means??? I get it sometimes when I try to click on some links.

PLEASE someone explain what this means??? I get it sometimes when I try to click on some links.

I'm gonna draw attention to this post because I have the same issue.

Is there a fix, a setting, or permission request that needs to be made to see this?

• 3 months later...

Seems that I'm also hit with this unknown behavior..

When clicking the "Sign in through STEAM" button, I get to the steam page, where I log in and is sent back to this forum, where i'm met with this message:

Welcome !

It seems that you already own a forum account.

You can link both your Forum Account with your Steam account to use the Steam Sign in feature.

Once set up, you can login to these forums with either your specified Username and password (if you chose to set a password) or with the Steam Sign in button.

But I can't see a "Steam Sign in button" anywhere other than the above mentioned and I still can't see images because of permissions :-(

yeah, I followed them but unfortunately I get to step 4, "Follow the directions to link your forum account to your Steam account", in which I follow them, but get sent back to 7daystodie.com and get the following message:

Welcome !

It seems that you already own a forum account.

You can link both your Forum Account with your Steam account to use the Steam Sign in feature.

Once set up, you can login to these forums with either your specified Username and password (if you chose to set a password) or with the Steam Sign in button.

Archived