Am I Missing a Setting Somewhere

Razkolniko

I have been playing a lot of Alpha 16 recently and very much enjoying it except for one thing. Horde night is always a let down. I have played through on SP to day 49 twice and never seen a feral zombie, bloated cop or screamer on horde night. I just get the usual crew and a couple of dogs. I upped the zombie spawn to max from the default and get plenty of zombies now but it doesn't seem to have had any effect on the tougher zombies showing up. I remember in games before bases being shredded on horde night. These days I lay out a few spikes and have a cup of tea. In the morning loot the dead. Am I doing something wrong? I want to be overwhelmed but it's always just meh.

Guest Rust Buddy

yeah you are. its called the “git gud” setting. (No quotation marks)

Stop dying and up the difficulty level fer cryin out loud!

Yeah your going to see some pretty difficult stuff in time.

I'm currently at GameStage 2048 with 16 spawning at a time and I've got plenty to do.

Try going for day 100 or, like someone else already suggested, turn up the difficulty level.

If you're really looking for a challenge try the Iron-Man.

Turn up everything to it's hardest level, no loot respawn, short days, zombies always run...

.... and of course.... dead is dead. [Meaning, you die, you delete the save.]

If that doesn't get your heart pumping I don't know what will. :cocksure:

~Lucky

Tribute-and-Farewell-to-A16-Plus-bonus-tips-video

I am posting for future readers:

The best solution is to make a very quick edit to the gamestages.xml file. Find the Feralhorde section:

<!-- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX start: auto generated feral horde gamestages XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -->

<spawner name="BloodMoonHorde">

<gamestage stage="1"><spawn group="feralHordeStageGS1" num="1" maxAlive="2" duration="1"/><spawn group="ZombiesNight" num="1" maxAlive="1"/></gamestage>

This means that if your gamestage is equal to 1 at the 7th night, you will get 1 zombie generated from the group feralHordeStageGS1, and one zombie from the group ZombiesNight.

<gamestage stage="188"><spawn group="feralHordeStageGS174" num="31" maxAlive="22" duration="3"/><spawn group="feralHordeStageGS181" num="31" maxAlive="22" duration="3"/><spawn group="feralHordeStageGS188" num="31" maxAlive="22" duration="3"/><spawn group="ZombiesNight" num="189" maxAlive="1"/></gamestage>

At gamestage equal (or great) to 188, you can expect 31 zombies from group feralHordeStageGS174 (only 22 alive at a time), 31 from group feralStageGS181 (another 22 alive at a time), 31 from the third group and so on.

In you want your early game to be more exciting (or even insane), all you have to do is delete/comment out the earlier entries for gamestages and change the left-over first entry to say gamestage stage = "1". That will force the hordes to start with that group and spawn rate until your GS goes beyond into the later groups.

I personally remove the stages after 1500 and make the last group the hardest setting (5000+). By the time I reach 1500, I dont want to wait any longer for the worst to come. Bring it on!

Archived