100 round pistol magazines?

Dimpy

Because who wants to reload?

I was thinking that they could be semi-balanced if you'd lose all the bullets in the remaining clip when you reloaded, forcing you to be strategic with the reloads. I see this as the kind of thing that you might be using on your pistol on around day thirty, or the thing you accidentally find in a garage on day three that makes you excited about getting a pistol.

Actually, the best way to go, is to not use the “top up ammo” method we have now, if you reload without using all bullets in magazine, then you lose the current amount of bullets in that mag

It’s not call of duty

infact instead of just having a stack of bullets, magazines should be put in game for each weapon, that would be better

Actually, the best way to go, is to not use the “top up ammo” method we have now, if you reload without using all bullets in magazine, then you lose the current amount of bullets in that mag

It’s not call of duty

Why would you lose ammo from a mag when reloading?

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not call of duty

infact instead of just having a stack of bullets, magazines should be put in game for each weapon, that would be better

Yes, there are many zombie/survival games out there that do this and I really like it. Makes it more realistic. Just don't make it like DayZ where you find 12313 mags and 0 firearms lol

Because you don’t have time, to stop shooting, stand there and top up a mag and then insert into gun

Look at the animation when reloading, it inserts a new mag, not bullets, apart from the shotguns

so make them before you go out

"Just don't make it like DayZ where you find 12313 mags and 0 firearms lol",

it already is in a way, you can find bullets but no guns, its survival, random things at random times are found

If you want to cheat something like this, modding it is easy. Just go into items.xml and change the clip size.. No reason to implement something like this into the game.

When I said "who wants to reload?", it was meant as a hyperbolic joke. I am totally for reloading, and would even be okay if they had something like skill checks. The point of having the huge clips not that the player would be given a piece of insane overkill, it would be that the player has to reconcile the overkill with it's scarcity. If I found a magazine like that I'd honestly be too afraid to waste it that I probably wouldn't even use it, unless I was about to die from a horde night or something.

Yeah, I was thinking that the 100 round magazines do it that way. However, I'm for leaving the regular clips's ability to conserve ammo alone, especially on the magnum.

Because you don’t have time, to stop shooting, stand there and top up a mag and then insert into gun

Maybe the player throws the mag into their backpack and then has to empty it in the crafting menu

Archived