Plea / Request to Update Console Version. I'm strictly Pc player, but my friends...

rescue86k

I wanted to request the console version not only be updated, but to impress/ compare to other zombie games, just enough to get my friends to play again.

I understand, sounds silly. But,... it does affect me, in terms of having them join the ride. So I ask them occassionally, why aren't they playing.

They originally played Ark, for.. forever. I didn't bother. My eyes turned when they picked up a recent zombie game and started playing it, it rose questions why on earth aren't they playing 7 days?

Here seems be the things that might help get them on board:

-The UI interface isnt user friendly to the console controller. "Its a pain to navigate your inventory".

-Graphics

-Version heavily outdated compared to the PC version, to the point that they didn't think they've had 1 update since the time they bought the game, about a year ago, claimed. I checked myself and the console version HAS received updates, however the console version does feel way older.

Graphics is a big subject. Kept it to 1 word. I feel an update will help reduce this. The trees for pc being worked on. I was fine with the PC version trees. They complained they didn't like the look of the trees.

I noticed the water game mechanics could be more "well rounded". Personal suggestion. My friends seem to enjoy water a lot, and 7 days hasn't yet reached a full water experience. Animations, physics, building underwater looking "out" a window, and some tool the player can use to survive a little longer in water. Maybe my friends simply need a boat, and some zombie fish enemy will do, less complicated. They often play Sea of Theives aswell, and I wouldn't mind a boat either XD.

The main focus of thread is a Plea to get console players into the game. I'm loving PC version myself. And this may be far off, but games like Sea of Theives allow crossplay. I understand the difficult battles to implement that, but well... would be awesome!

I'm just mentioning the concern for the console version. Been a to-do list for a while, to "Tell Fun Pimps whats been bugging you" and held off due to laziness, and that I'm a PC player so its less a concern to me. I do care though, feel its important, to mention console should be updated.

Reminder, the 3 things:

-The UI interface isnt user friendly to the console controller. "Its a pain to navigate your inventory".

-Graphics on console.

-Version heavily outdated. Prefer update console to 1-3 months behind PC version. Keep console "fresh". It feels a year behind the times or so.

I must mention, I'm satified with the game. I want to see it grow. Its a be all solution for me. Build a fort, fort can be destroyed. Has everything I need. I used to play Zombie Panic Half Life Mod, and this game replaced it, replaced the need for another zombie game. Haven't bothered to buy anything else.

There is a big update coming to console later this year; they are upgrading it for Unity 2017 and then they'll be able to fix some of the long standing bugs and add new content and upgrades. However, as stated elsewhere in the forum, the console will always lag behind the PC and we are unlikely to see everything the PC has come across to console due to hardware limitations. Check out the Console News and Announcements for more information.

Not a support question.

OP doesn't read announcements.

OP doesn't read sticky threads.

Moving this to a forum more suitable than the bug report section. (Really not sure why you would even consider posting this here given the subject matter of the first post.)

I advise the OP to read this thread.

Sticky: When Will the Console Version Have _______?

Then go read this thread.

Sticky: [06/06] Message from the Team

Not a support question.

OP doesn't read announcements.

OP doesn't read sticky threads.

Moving this to a forum more suitable than the bug report section. (Really not sure why you would even consider posting this here given the subject matter of the first post.)

I advise the OP to read this thread.

Sticky: When Will the Console Version Have _______?

Then go read this thread.

Sticky: [06/06] Message from the Team

Seriously man, ive written this post a few times just to keep it cool. But those links only talk about things that need to be worked on and have not been addressed since the release, also, you have not shared with the community real information about updates in the past few months, just a 'thanks for your patience' post every 2 months. It feels like the team has been lazy about working for the console version. Why? because small updates could have been launched over the past few months and have not been done while pc get

Seriously man, ive written this post a few times just to keep it cool. But those links only talk about things that need to be worked on and have not been addressed since the release, also, you have not shared with the community real information about updates in the past few months, just a 'thanks for your patience' post every 2 months. It feels like the team has been lazy about working for the console version. Why? because small updates could have been launched over the past few months and have not been done while pc get

Was the post discussing the console update only days ago not enough info?

Lazy? Have you updated a games engine before?

Not sure what else you want??? He doesn't have the info what the next update is going to be. Why would that info to those links need updates if they have nothing to update on it or have anything more to say on it? We can't help that you are not understanding the fact that the console and PC are two different games. The PC is a alpha game that is still being worked on and things added and changing. The console version is sold as a complete game meaning when they released the game for console what the console had at that time was all it had. They made it clear no guarantee that it would have anymore content. All they promised was that they would try to make it as close to the PC version as possible but with the console limitations it would be hard to have everything. So not sure exactly what you are wanting? If you fail to see why the console can't be like the PC then that is a personal problem.

Archived