Primitive early game items

Dimpy

Wood frames are really useful. You can Minecraft-style pillar-jump with them, you can can quickly and effectively block zombies with them, you can upgrade them, and you can remove them with the push of a button. I think that they deserve to be moved from the first thing you build a house out of to an early-mid game building material by requiring them to be built with nails. Without the wood frame upgrade path, a starting player would be driven to use less empowering and more thematically appropriate options for shelter, such as sod, log cabin wood, thatch, or abandoned houses.

Also, I think the bows are a little too overpowered early game. I think they should be less accurate at low item qualities and/or require animal ligaments instead of plant fibers.

It would be great if there was some way to boil water early game without a cooking pot(eg Native American boiling stones). One of the things I really like about this game is it offers multiple ways to accomplish most things. I'm okay with the cooking pot being useful, but I would rather have finding one be a nice surprise rather than a requirement.

There's a lot more I want to add and a lot more details about implementation of what I have so far, but I just saw the newest dev diary came out, so I'll just post this now and add more as a comment later.

Tell me what you guys think. Criticism is Welcome!

Wood frames are really useful. You can Minecraft-style pillar-jump with them, you can can quickly and effectively block zombies with them, you can upgrade them, and you can remove them with the push of a button. I think that they deserve to be moved from the first thing you build a house out of to an early-mid game building material by requiring them to be built with nails. Without the wood frame upgrade path, a starting player would be driven to use less empowering and more thematically appropriate options for shelter, such as sod, log cabin wood, thatch, or abandoned houses.

Also, I think the bows are a little too overpowered early game. I think they should be less accurate at low item qualities and/or require animal ligaments instead of plant fibers.

It would be great if there was some way to boil water early game without a cooking pot(eg Native American boiling stones). One of the things I really like about this game is it offers multiple ways to accomplish most things. I'm okay with the cooking pot being useful, but I would rather have finding one be a nice surprise rather than a requirement.

There's a lot more I want to add and a lot more details about implementation of what I have so far, but I just saw the newest dev diary came out, so I'll just post this now and add more as a comment later.

Tell me what you guys think. Criticism is Welcome!

Empty can filled with water can be boiled without a cooking pot.

Empty can filled with water can be boiled without a cooking pot.

I also think you can still use snow to boil in cans...not even sure anymore...have played so many mods now I am getting bleed through on recipes... :)

Archived