Trader quests

Brian9824

I was thinking that secret stash never made sense to me. It's a skill that makes traders magically get more stuff. With the changes coming in A17 what if it was removed and replaced by a reputation system with the traders.

Doing a variety of quests for them would raise your reputation and that influences the selection they make available to you. If you become close friends with them they will give you access to their good stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to take this a bit further and maybe rescue some of the trader’s family members. Bring them to your base and actually be able to start a community. Be able to give them tasks like security/defense of the perimeter, hunting/gathering or be able to send them out to get wood, stone etc.. Don’t give them jobs that you can’t do as a player but it can just relieve you some of the more mundane things as you’ve advanced in the game. Maybe on blood moons they all hide and the defense is still on you but it becomes more difficult because the zeds are also going after them and not just you so now you have to be aware of a much larger area.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not a special order option as well? If the trader's community likes you, and you have the tokens, you can special order stuff that they will have for you in a week.

I can see the quests being interesting, like first you fix the work benches and stuff at the traders, then it goes from there, like bring in schematics, extra food and weapons, or explore a certain point on the map for stuff.

Archived