Do animals become more rare?

jackleroy

So, I just cracked 100 days for the first time on PS4 and I'm noticing that animals aren't as plentiful as they used to be. In fact, I just spent three in game days (minus nights) driving around the map looking for them. In that time I only found one pig in the snow biome in Navezgane. Do animals spawn less often based on your play length or player score? Is it all just random? Do they spawn further away from your character or base? Just curious about it.

Animals respawn after a certain length of time. If you don't destroy the entire carcass and leave it to rot, this can lengthen the respawn in the area substantially. I would also suggest staying out of an area completely for at least a week. Hopefully this helps. I've had to go vegan before lol

Ah, that all makes perfect sense. It never occurred to me to treat them like loot respawns. I've never actually bothered to break down the carcasses after I get the meat, so it looks like I'll be a vegan for a while too. Thanks to both of you!

Yeah, each biome has a set spawn for the Zed's and Animals it will spawn. Once you have killed and cleared that amount of creatures, it will take 5 game days to reset and start spawning again. In this way, if you are hunting in similar areas a lot, it will seem like there is a scarcity of animals. Always best to make long arching trips hunting so that you don't deplete one biome's resources.

Also assuming you have the mini bike by now if you're over day 100, just cruise around and any animals you see, run those buggers over.

Hunting becomes a breeze once the mini bike is obtained.

Of course this is unless they fix this with the upcoming update. I hear pc players can no longer one shot animals by running them over. Will make more sense I suppose.

• 1 month later...

Archived