Is there a mod that focuses on adding decor items/building blocks?

Ghost314

I've come to a point in my game where I'm starting to mess around with the aesthetics of my base. I've noticed a nice looking roof effect on prefab buildings that seems to have been made by inter-locking wooden ramps. It bugs me that I can't replicate this effect, because there is no upside-down wooden ramp block in the vanilla game (at least, not outside the prefab editor). There is also some kind of triangular block for the peak of the roof, and a special type of railing on the porches, that I can't seem to replicate.

I also feel like there needs to be some better indoor wall/floor mounted lights (maybe lamps?), as the stock ceiling mounted lights don't always have enough strength to light up the full room.

I know enough about modding to mod all of that in myself, but a mod pack containing a bunch of new building blocks and miscellaneous decor items, seems like such an obvious mod idea, that I can't believe someone hasn't already done this.

Is there a mod out there for this that I'm not aware of?

I've come to a point in my game where I'm starting to mess around with the aesthetics of my base. I've noticed a nice looking roof effect on prefab buildings that seems to have been made by inter-locking wooden ramps. It bugs me that I can't replicate this effect, because there is no upside-down wooden ramp block in the vanilla game (at least, not outside the prefab editor). There is also some kind of triangular block for the peak of the roof, and a special type of railing on the porches, that I can't seem to replicate.

I also feel like there needs to be some better indoor wall/floor mounted lights (maybe lamps?), as the stock ceiling mounted lights don't always have enough strength to light up the full room.

I know enough about modding to mod all of that in myself, but a mod pack containing a bunch of new building blocks and miscellaneous decor items, seems like such an obvious mod idea, that I can't believe someone hasn't already done this.

Is there a mod out there for this that I'm not aware of?

Guppy cur is working on medieval mod, it has a bounch of new building blocks but its not released yet .

You can watch his youtube channel for more details.

Do this from start to finish, and you'll be able to add anything you want.

https://7d2dsdx.github.io/Tutorials/index.html

Yeah, I read through that and watched the tutorial videos before I started to check out modding. I definitely know how to get this stuff in. I just don't like to reinvent the wheel, and I'm a little surprised that someone else hasn't already done this.

Yea, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for the builders to start requesting deco modpacks before A17 drops. Many modders have some free time between alphas to make things on request, but once A17 drops, they all will be very busy.

skippy's settler's mod adds all creative blocks as recipes i believe, and ravenhearst about 90% with additional models.

but neither are only vanilla with expanded recipes. there could be others, but i don't recall of the top of my head.

for the ramp, are you talking the normal wood frame ramp? have you used "R" to get advanced rotations?

a roof like this, or different?

60818f8e04.jpg

skippy's settler's mod adds all creative blocks as recipes i believe, and ravenhearst about 90% with additional models.

but neither are only vanilla with expanded recipes. there could be others, but i don't recall of the top of my head.

for the ramp, are you talking the normal wood frame ramp? have you used "R" to get advanced rotations?

Yeah, that was the roof I was trying to build, I tried 'r', and various combinations of alt/ctrl/shift + 'r', but all it ever did was rotate around the vertical axis, which doesn't let me flip it over. After reading your comment I tried some more stuff with 'r' and accidentally found the advanced rotations menu. That really ought to be mentioned in the controls screen somewhere :sulkiness:

Yeah, that was the roof I was trying to build, I tried 'r', and various combinations of alt/ctrl/shift + 'r', but all it ever did was rotate around the vertical axis, which doesn't let me flip it over. After reading your comment I tried some more stuff with 'r' and accidentally found the advanced rotations menu. That really ought to be mentioned in the controls screen somewhere :sulkiness:

well, now you've got it, enjoy that "copy rotation", too is a game changer.

Archived