Wanted: Opening a Drawbridge while on the minibike

Sierpinski

I couldn't find any posts about this via search, so apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Basically I think it would be nice to be able to open the drawbridge while riding the minibike. The range is already nice, being able to trigger it opening while you are still several feet away, but it would be cool if you could do it while on the bike, even if you had to stop moving entirely.

Heck yeah!

I don't care how they do it but a remote switch or a trigger/plate or something.... would be great.

Trigger plate, maybe not the best idea – what if a Z or enemy steps on it? :D

Remote might work, maybe you'd have to have it in a belt slot and then by hitting the corresponding number key you'd activate it. (That way you could also hold more than one remote with different "radio frequencies" tied to different appliances perhaps.)

Or a maybe easier to implement, but high tech, end game-ish solution – motion sensors with face recognition.

With that said, I'd love to see any type of door automation brought to the pool of electrical devices.

In any case it should be electrical and not just a magic waving-your-hands from the seat of your bike thing. Kinda makes sense that you have to get off the bike if the door/drawbrigde is not motorized in some way. :D

A remote control makes the most sense, and would come in handy for other things as well. You could loot them from cars or garage boxes. And you could loot the opener from garages and mod the drawbridge (or other type of door/hatch). Since the doors can be locked, you could also program the opener with the same code and either have multiple openers, or the ability to enter a different code. I think this is something that wouldn't take a lot to implement, and would open up some interesting possibilities.

I agree with this. And while we are on the subject of the minibike, opening the map without having to jump off it would be a great change. (Not following A17 development, so apologies if that is already on the menu)

Why so hard, why a remote or anything.

If you could just press "E" like normal when on the minibike that should be enough right?

I think they will implent this, since they also fixed that you can open the map on your bike.

Archived