Cost of iron bars

BBallaman369

Took a break from the game for awhile and just started up again. Got to the point where I was making my big base and needed iron bars. THEY NOW COST 100 IRON AND 20 CLAY FOR 1. WHY?????!!!!! That is insane. My forge would have to be full a few times over to make as many as I was planning.

Is this getting changed? I hope so because that's pretty dumb if you ask me.

If you are planning to lay them down to shoot at zombies from above, you can use an array of wooden railings early game. They are not as easy to shoot through as iron bars, but they are a cheap alternative. If this is the case, be careful how you place them, or you could potentially fall through.

For lip around building early game I use to put down wooden frames and upgrade them once and then hit them until they downgraded to frames again...this let me shoot thru them but would not let me pick them up by accident....and yes I did that alot :)

I'm working on my end game base. I'll be able to get it done, just wanted to have it done before the next hoard night. Now it'll probably take a few horde nights.

Get a couple more forges? It’s really not as big of an issue as you’re making it out to be... iron is stupid easy to come by, clay... if clay is the issue that’s your own fault.

It seems so common that people just complain instead of learning to overcome their issue....

Get a couple more forges? It’s really not as big of an issue as you’re making it out to be... iron is stupid easy to come by, clay... if clay is the issue that’s your own fault.

It seems so common that people just complain instead of learning to overcome their issue....

I want to make my base out of rebar and concrete, so I need iron for that, plus tools, weapons, and other things. It's not like the only thing in the game iron is used for is iron bars.

I'm going to need 500 plus iron bars for the base I want to design. I don't want to put in a bunch of forges in my temp base. I'll need more than 50,000 iron for the iron bars alone. IMO that's excessive. They also put that in PC and they switched it back to 20 iron/5 clay. Much more reasonable.

I want to make my base out of rebar and concrete, so I need iron for that, plus tools, weapons, and other things. It's not like the only thing in the game iron is used for is iron bars.

I'm going to need 500 plus iron bars for the base I want to design. I don't want to put in a bunch of forges in my temp base. I'll need more than 50,000 iron for the iron bars alone. IMO that's excessive. They also put that in PC and they switched it back to 20 iron/5 clay. Much more reasonable.

Personally, 500 iron bars is a tad on the excessive side. Use the creative menu if you're going to build like that. You're not really playing a survival game at that point.

Why not have forges at a temp base? I have forges all over my map with iron and clay in them. Every town I find I put in a forge. 50000 iron is nothing.

I'm on day 19 already have 10k concrete and enough cement for 10k more. Mined one day in the desert and got over 20 stacks of raw iron. You put the time in it's not very hard to get.

Maybe you should just play on creative mode. Might be easier for you.

Oh, by the way someone tell me what ( end game) is??? Is that 3 weeks in??

i don't consider the resource cost any more unreasonable than the cost to make wood spikes. iron is nearly as plentiful as lumber and stone. you can acquire a good amount and never go underground. or you can do what i did and dig down to bedrock and start a tunnel system. and a chamber at bedrock is a great place to install lots of forges. and as for not wanting a lot of forges at a starter base, why not? you can always move them later.

I tend to create bedrock tunnels once I get a decent base established. You will amass resources just by coincidence while tunneling. You will become even more efficient once you get an Auger. The only downside with the Auger is you will need a good amount of gas & repair kits to sustain it.

Early game, if you can find decent sized grass/forest biomes, they have clusters of stones (the smaller smooth gray ones, not the dark jagged large ones), you can hit these up for a decent source of iron and stone. When fully broken down, each stone nets 99 iron, as well as random coal, nitrate, or lead deposits. These will become resource bread-and-butter once you make a high level Steel Pickaxe (about level 550+), as you can one-hit to destroy them. This can hold you over until you can obtain a decent level Auger and the means to sustain it.

Personally, 500 iron bars is a tad on the excessive side. Use the creative menu if you're going to build like that. You're not really playing a survival game at that point.

Didn't realize it was only a survival game, not crafting or anything. ALso, how am I not playing a survival game if I want to build with iron bars?

I like earning all of my resources, just think it's excessive for the cost of those.

Didn't realize it was only a survival game, not crafting or anything. ALso, how am I not playing a survival game if I want to build with iron bars?

I like earning all of my resources, just think it's excessive for the cost of those.

Just start a mine in the forrest biome, youll come across all the iron you need. 500 seems excessive at face value, but im pretty ive used much more than that throughout my entire build. I found a prison and put double iron bars going around the entire wall. Ive used them for so many other things too. Biggest thing is having a mine, youll get the irn no problem

i don't have an auger in either of my current play thrus. on the one with my wife, we fought the day 126 bloodmoon last night. in this game the only part i have found so far is a blade. but if the auger compares to the pick the same as the chainsaw does to the axe, then i will do without. with my pick, i two hit all subterrainian stone and most metal. a lot cheaper to use.

i don't have an auger in either of my current play thrus. on the one with my wife, we fought the day 126 bloodmoon last night. in this game the only part i have found so far is a blade. but if the auger compares to the pick the same as the chainsaw does to the axe, then i will do without. with my pick, i two hit all subterrainian stone and most metal. a lot cheaper to use.

I’ve never been a fan... brings unwanted attention to the job site, repetitive noise, in need of constant repairs...

Only time I wanted one was when I was digging a pit to bedrock and was in a higher elevation area. I don’t build pit bases anymore so that solves that.

i find the highest point i can near my starting location (preferably not less than +50m) and dig down to bedrock and build a 20 x 20 room.this is where i install all of my crafting stations and storage. a nice safe bolt-hole.

I wonder what day BBall is on. I have to assume he is wanting to build a mega base by the day 14 horde. Lol. That's typically how these complaining threads are. Creative mode exists for those that want to get whatever they want, when they want it. If you want to earn your things, go earn them. 100 Iron isn't excessive. That's 20 pieces of raw iron. How hard is that to get?

The cost for iron bars is balanced well I think. They are very powerful early game, so the cost to make a bunch of them should be balanced to take time to get them.

Archived