Server seems to go to sleep when no one is on

SkyeWolfe

Server is a Linux MP Dedi hosted by OVH/So You Start

Mods: Allocs, BCManager, & CoppisAdditions

Issue: The server is currently set to private while I finish setting it up. I noticed that when I would log off the server for a bit, it seems as though the server "goes to sleep". It doesn't show up on the listings at all until I reopen the console or filezilla.

the first line of the output log says:

[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 251570

Unhandled Exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.String.ParseFormatSpecifier

I am including a copy of the log from when the server comes back up[ATTACH]24106[/ATTACH]

output_log__2018-03-07__02-11-23.txt

I've told my friends whom play on my dedi to add it to their favorites and they still have issues with it showing up. After 'refreshing it' in the 'server' tab they can see it. At times they'll start up their clients and got to the network tab but can't see it. Its then if they referesh it or go to their favorites can they see it. Or if they go to the networks tab and enter in the data there, disregarding what they see or don't see and just enter in the data and login that way - 99.95% of the time they can get in without seeing the server in the list (%0.05 of the time I was working on it).

One way to test would be to start the client, then got to the networks and at the bottom enter the data in and login that way. You shouldn't have any issues logging in, unless there's something wrong with the server setup and it will not let you log in...

As you described: "...it seems as though the server "goes to sleep". It doesn't show up on the listings at all until I reopen the console."

I've told my friends whom play on my dedi to add it to their favorites and they still have issues with it showing up. After 'refreshing it' in the 'server' tab they can see it. At times they'll start up their clients and got to the network tab but can't see it. Its then if they referesh it or go to their favorites can they see it. Or if they go to the networks tab and enter in the data there, disregarding what they see or don't see and just enter in the data and login that way - 99.95% of the time they can get in without seeing the server in the list (%0.05 of the time I was working on it).

One way to test would be to start the client, then got to the networks and at the bottom enter the data in and login that way. You shouldn't have any issues logging in, unless there's something wrong with the server setup and it will not let you log in...

As you described: "...it seems as though the server "goes to sleep". It doesn't show up on the listings at all until I reopen the console."

Yeah it's definitely not that. I sat there refreshing my favourites page several times this morning. Even tried relaunching my game. After almost 10 minutes, I loaded up my filezilla (which connected to the IP) and that is when it showed up

- - - Updated - - -

Setting up periodic auto reboots may solve the issue you are having. the Server tools mod ( https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?77267-Servertools-updated-to-5-5 ) has the ability to auto shutdown the server every (4 hours default) however you will need to find a way to start it back up again as it does not do so by default.

I have already tried an autorestart program :/ There has to be a reason why it's doing it and a way to fix it.

I am adding the log from when the server comes back up in case someone can spot something I am missing

Yeah, it's one of the things that's baffled me with mine for forever. My issue is the opposite though. Everyone sees my server in the listings, but I can't see it on the LAN, and only occasionally do I see it in the list. I have a pretty custom setup though, and I'm running 8 instances from one machine, so I figure it has something to do with that.

Could that cause my issue or are you just pointing that out? lol either way I'm updating it so thanks

Nah sorry man not related to your issue. But i saw you use a really old version of coppis which is not completely compatible with a16.4, so i just had to mention :)

Cheers

Yeah, it's one of the things that's baffled me with mine for forever. My issue is the opposite though. Everyone sees my server in the listings, but I can't see it on the LAN, and only occasionally do I see it in the list. I have a pretty custom setup though, and I'm running 8 instances from one machine, so I figure it has something to do with that.

My server isn't a LAN server though, it's a dedicated one. I really hope I can find out what's causing it soon because I would really love to open it to the public :/ but I can't until it's fixed

You misunderstand. All my servers are dedi's. I just cannot see them on the Local Area Network. They are sometimes visible via the server browser, and show up on my external IP instead of the local LAN.

I never see mine there either :/ also I'm wondering if it may have something to do with traffic or possibly because I have a password. I just got home, and my server wasn't showing up. However I did the "connect to last server" and it connected

Sleepy Server

I have a server no errors hosted on SoYouStart running LGSM. My Issues is if no one is logged in to the server it will not show on the game list. unless either someone logs in using manual login, or i sign to SSH. Once everyone logs out i am guessing about 1 hour after it drops off the list as if the server shuts down. But can still be logged in to via manual login.

i7 CPU

32Gb Ram

240SSD

with Botman and all server fix MODs that are required on botman and updated versions.

If anyone has an idea if it may be SteamCMD or what i thank you for the help in working this out.

• 9 months later...
Server is a Linux MP Dedi hosted by OVH/So You Start

Mods: Allocs, BCManager, & CoppisAdditions

Issue: The server is currently set to private while I finish setting it up. I noticed that when I would log off the server for a bit, it seems as though the server "goes to sleep". It doesn't show up on the listings at all until I reopen the console or filezilla.

the first line of the output log says:

[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 251570

Unhandled Exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.String.ParseFormatSpecifier

I am including a copy of the log from when the server comes back up[ATTACH]24106[/ATTACH]

All time stops if no ones on line!!! It will not progress in oder that you do not miss horde days. If someones on it will start the clock running again.

Archived