Collecting Bullet Cases as you Fire?

ArmoredStone

I've been trying to find a way to collect casings as you fire a weapon. I tried adding <property name="Create_item" value="bulletCasing"/> under <property class="Action0"> but that didn't have any effect at all. Has anyone figured out a way to get this to work?

Also, if there is a way to get it to work, is there a way I can give it a percentage chance of collecting a casing?

P.S.: I know it's not balanced, don't lecture me :p

Assuming "Create_item" is a valid property, try using "1349" in place of "bulletCasing"

It is valid. That's the property that gives you a jar after you drink bottled water. I thought it would work the same every time I pulled the trigger, making a casing in my inventory, but it has no effect at all on the gun :/ and the item ID number didn't work either

It is valid. That's the property that gives you a jar after you drink bottled water. I thought it would work the same every time I pulled the trigger, making a casing in my inventory, but it has no effect at all on the gun :/ and the item ID number didn't work either

Since you got this from water it could be attached to lower count(losing an item), so it might work on the ammo rather than the gun.

What would be better is if it dropped a tiny item all over the ground <dirtyBrass>, which could then be collected, taken back to a workbench, and cleaned up to craft <bulletCasing> at a ratio depending on your Gunsmithing skill. Of course, to clean it you would also need the <rotaryTumbler> tool for your workbench and some <corncobGrit> added to each batch....

I'm not really sure what that means lol :)

Well, the new quest system may have something cool like one of the objectives being to use a specific item, in which case you can THEN set up a quest that will potentially give you casings as a reward when you use a weapon, then call itself, so that it's "always running" in the background.

Archived