S420Mod (WIP)

RevenantWit

Description

This mod was built on and only meant for a 64 bit installation of 7 Days to Die.

This mod is also not EAC or save friendly. You will not be able to play an old save after installing this mod. You will need to make a new save just for this mod. It's also recommended you make a copy of your 7 Days to Die installation directory and install the mod to the copy.

Future versions of this mod still have a high chance of not being compatible with the previous version. So restarts may sometimes be required.

If you want to use my bandits and survivors in another mod they will need an NPCID.

Now that all of the above is said and out of the way I will say all of this seems to be working fine for me at this time but could use more long term testing.

Here's a list of some of the changes.

• Greatly increased zombie spawn count in all biomes.

• Added Vivid terrain modifiers by Alphado-Jaki.

• Uses a slightly modified version of Simple UI Plus which includes the 60 slot backpack.

• Min wellness lowered to 50

• Added several admin tools and blocks including poured(nano) steel spikes and blocks and growing(multiwall) steel pillars and blocks.

• Unlocked the in game prefab editor and added a small flat world for prefab building. Just select newgame and for game mode pick edit world. Only works on sp/client.

• Added Bandit npc's and a bandit bunker. Beware of the bunker it's loaded with bandits and shows up in every town in rwg(there's only one in Navezgane)

• Added Survivor npc's. Melee survivors will follow you if you hit them and ranged survivors will follow based on proximity unless something else catches their eye. Be warned though if a melee survivor is following you when you enter the trader area they will start standing in place and try to attack you. If this happens just stay out of their way for a min and they should go back to wandering. Ranged survivors don't have this issue.

• Added zombie survivors and bandits. These are just like they sound and are zombie versions of the bandits and survivors added.

• All npcs and zombies added have there own personalized lootpool with a chance to drop what they're wearing or using

• Bandit and survivor bodies are lootable and there's no nre's with npcs in the trader area

• A starter pack is given when you first start the game.

• Punching stuff now hurts.

• Jumping now drains stamina.

• Birds and fish have been added.(beware though as there is another danger in the water now)

• Headshot's only for the zombies. (buffs should still work though. i.e. fire, spikes)

• You get a jar back when consuming foods that were made with bottled water and stews now also hydrate you.

• Coins and padlocks now scrap to brass.

• Added several new melee weapons including a katana and lucille.

• Added several new vehicles.(some are lootable and some are only wrenchable)

• Added several new crops and food. Most can also be found growing in the forests.

• Added sphereii's zombie transmogrifier for randomized zombies.

• Added Guppycur's blood moon trickle fix.

• Added junk items for more stuff to scrap.

• Added several new potted plants and randomized which one is used.

• Added a windmill for an alternate power source.

• Added a lockpick that can be used on safes.

• Added a dye station for coloring armor.

• Tires yield scrap rubber and minibike tires can now be crafted out of it.

• Added a repeating crossbow and double barrel shotgun

• Added several of TormentedEmu's fixes including the ability to open the map\inventory when on the minibike and the ability to run over zombies\animals again

• Blood moon every 21 days instaed of 7.(optional)

• Included Magoli's compo-pack.(optional)

• Two new classes can be used in the entityclasses.xml. EntityTrader and EntityTraderGod. Traders must have one of these to be a trader in this mod. EntityTrader are killable and EntityTraderGod are invincible and can't be killed(like the stock traders)

• Plus quite a few other things I'm sure I forgot Lol

Download Links

SP/Client

S420Mod_b0.5_7Day.zip

S420Mod_b0.5_7Day+CompoPack30

S420Mod_b0.5_21Day

S420Mod_b0.5_21Day+CompoPack30

Dedicated Server

S420Mod_b0.5_7Day-Server

S420Mod_b0.5_7Day+CompoPack30-Server

S420Mod_b0.5_21Day-Server

S420Mod_b0.5_21Day+CompoPack30-Server

Installation

SP/Client

Extract the contents of the S420Mod_b0.5.zip to your 7 days installation directory

Dedicated Server

Extract the contents of the S420Mod_b0.5-server.zip to your 7 Days server installation directory

For a server both would need to be installed and don't forget to turn EAC off.

Notes

If playing on a server you will sometimes get particle effect not found errors in your log. These will not effect gameplay and can safely be ignored.

• 3 weeks later...

Streams

If ya wanna see this mod in action check it out on CrypticGirl's YouTube Channel.

BIG PROPS THANKS AND CREDITS

Big props, thanks, and credit go to the following as I took inspiration, examples, and pieces from their mods.

If I missed adding anyone to the above credits just pm me and I'll fix it.

CHANGELOG

b0.5

• Increased min. wellness to 50.
  • Changed starting message.
  • Removed a few unneeded melee weapons.
  • Crafting lockpicks now requires forged iron instead of steel.
  • Removed movement collision from yucca and aloe.
  • Added sphereii's A Better Life mod for more variety.
  • Updated Zombie Transmogrifier mod to the latest version.
  • It's now headshots only for zombies.
  • Added sphereii's EntityPlayer Over-ride mod(punching stuff now hurts, jumping now drains stamina)
  • Added Vivid Terrain Modifiers by Alphado-Jaki
  • Updated Compo-Pack to the latest version.
  • Starter Pack recipe now takes 100,000 dukes to craft.
  • Replaced chainsaw bandit in bandit bunker with a melee bandit.(no more noisy bunker)
  • Plus several other small misc. fixes and tweaks.

b0.4

• Increased crop and tree grow times.
  • Fixed downgrade path for the semi truck.
  • Locked Katana crafting behind a skill.
  • Locked Windmill behind a skill.
  • Sledgey renamed to Steel Sledgehammer.
  • Steel Sledgehammer locked behind a schematic and can now only be made at the workbench.
  • Added a Repeating Crossbow.
  • Added a Double Barrel Shotgun.
  • Added a recipe for the starter pack and key. This was in case you die before completing the quest.
  • Apple Pie recipe now requires flour.
  • Carrot Cake recipe now requires flour.
  • Added TormentedEmu's MinibikeOpenUI - Allows inventory/map/etc to be opened while mounted on a minibike.
  • Added TormentedEmu's MinibikeImpact - Allows minibike to once again collide with entities such as zombies and animals.
  • Added TormentedEmu's ItemEatDelayRemover - Removes an animation delay check that can cause certain items, when consumed from the inventory, to fail to take effect.
  • Added TormentedEmu's ItemActionLauncherFix - Fixes a graphical glitch that leaves a crossbow bolt in the right hand when using modded crossbows.
  • Reduced player built storage and minibike storage so the mod works with any resolution

b0.3

• Added StompyNZ's admin nailgun
  • Added several new melee weapons.
  • Added several new vehicles.
  • Added several new crops, food, and recipes.
  • Added sphereii's zombie transmogrifier and crafting lag fixes.
  • Added xyth's junk items.
  • Added xyth's zombie pinups.
  • Added xyth and hal9000's windmill for an alternative power source.
  • Added JaxTeller718's safe lockpicking.
  • Added a dye station for dyeing armor.
  • Added a 21 day blood moon version.
  • Added a version that includes Magoli's combo pack

b0.2

• Gave all npc ranged weapons parts so unlimited ammo is no longer needed. This means npcs now have to reload.
  • Added wandering traders.
  • Drastically reduced bandit and survivors spawn rate. They are now really rare.
  • Added the ability to enter a 4 digit number in the crafting input.
  • Added xyth's no ammo mod so guns can now be unloaded.
  • Added Anabella's respawning cars mod so now cars will respawn once a week if broke all the way down.
  • Plus a couple other small misc. fixes

• 1 month later...

Mod updated. For this update a new save is required.

CHANGELOG

b0.3

• Added StompyNZ's admin nailgun
  • Added several new melee weapons.
  • Added several new vehicles.
  • Added several new crops, food, and recipes.
  • Added sphereii's zombie transmogrifier and crafting lag fixes.
  • Added xyth's junk items.
  • Added xyth's zombie pinups.
  • Added xyth and hal9000's windmill for an alternative power source.
  • Added JaxTeller718's safe lockpicking.
  • Added a dye station for dyeing armor.
  • Added a 21 day blood moon version.
  • Added a version that includes Magoli's combo pack

Hmm maybe i don't understand how it works. I figured the Server one that i have, is for playing on Multi-player (incase a friend of mine wants to join in). Where single player is...only for single player? I guess the SP/client is for Multiplayer by what your saying.

• 2 weeks later...
What resolution are you using? So far I'm unable to recreate unless using a 16:10 resolution then it looks just like your pic.

I may shrink storage size sometime in the future in order to support more resolutions

I was wrong, resolution 1280x800, aspect ratio 16:10.

• 1 month later...

Mod Updated. A new save is required due to some item number changes and a reduction to storage sizes. However the mod is now compatible with any resolution.

CHANGELOG

b0.4

• Increased crop and tree grow times.
  • Fixed downgrade path for the semi truck.
  • Locked Katana crafting behind a skill.
  • Locked Windmill behind a skill.
  • Sledgey renamed to Steel Sledgehammer.
  • Steel Sledgehammer locked behind a schematic and can now only be made at the workbench.
  • Added a Repeating Crossbow.
  • Added a Double Barrel Shotgun.
  • Added a recipe for the starter pack and key. This was in case you die before completing the quest.
  • Apple Pie recipe now requires flour.
  • Carrot Cake recipe now requires flour.
  • Added TormentedEmu's MinibikeOpenUI - Allows inventory/map/etc to be opened while mounted on a minibike.
  • Added TormentedEmu's MinibikeImpact - Allows minibike to once again collide with entities such as zombies and animals.
  • Added TormentedEmu's ItemEatDelayRemover - Removes an animation delay check that can cause certain items, when consumed from the inventory, to fail to take effect.
  • Added TormentedEmu's ItemActionLauncherFix - Fixes a graphical glitch that leaves a crossbow bolt in the right hand when using modded crossbows.
  • Reduced player built storage and minibike storage so the mod works with any resolution

• 2 months later...

Mod Updated. A new save is required due to several changes.

CHANGELOG

b0.5

• Increased min. wellness to 50.
  • Changed starting message.
  • Removed a few unneeded melee weapons.
  • Crafting lockpicks now requires forged iron instead of steel.
  • Removed movement collision from yucca and aloe.
  • Added sphereii's A Better Life mod for more variety.
  • Updated Zombie Transmogrifier mod to the latest version.
  • It's now headshots only for zombies.
  • Added sphereii's EntityPlayer Over-ride mod(punching stuff now hurts, jumping now drains stamina)
  • Added Vivid Terrain Modifiers by Alphado-Jaki
  • Updated Compo-Pack to the latest version.
  • Starter Pack recipe now takes 100,000 dukes to craft.
  • Replaced chainsaw bandit in bandit bunker with a melee bandit.(no more noisy bunker)

first...having a lot of fun! don't want to spoil anything, but the first new creature i met at the river really creeped me out...and helped kill me with the rest of the biome spawns. the increase is real...and exciting!

b) i may have to give up playing dead is dead... already on my third new world which brings me to

next: may i ask if you balanced your damage changes to a particular difficulty level? my skills are weak, so i only ever play at default.

and firstly, again let me thank you for your mod work for the community. you and your fellow modders really make a huge impact on our gaming goodness

Archived