S420Mod (WIP)

RevenantWit

first...having a lot of fun! don't want to spoil anything, but the first new creature i met at the river really creeped me out...and helped kill me with the rest of the biome spawns. the increase is real...and exciting!

b) i may have to give up playing dead is dead... already on my third new world which brings me to

next: may i ask if you balanced your damage changes to a particular difficulty level? my skills are weak, so i only ever play at default.

and firstly, again let me thank you for your mod work for the community. you and your fellow modders really make a huge impact on our gaming goodness

Glad to hear your enjoying it and definitely use caution around the water.

Mostly I play on warrior or survivalist with 25% to 50% loot abundance depending on if anyone else is playing. So generally balance for that. Damage I haven't really changed it's just there's alot more zombies now. However I still need to make a few balance passes. Bandits will probably get tougher and I still need to lower xp given for the loads of zombies i think.

My best advice watch your stamina closely and don't let it run out or the mobs might get you Lol

Hi great mod thanks for that. I have a small question please..there is no quest in this mod ?

There is three starting quests and quest notes can still be found. I've only added a few extra quest notes so far. I plan on adding more later.

first...having a lot of fun! don't want to spoil anything, but the first new creature i met at the river really creeped me out...and helped kill me with the rest of the biome spawns. the increase is real...and exciting!

b) i may have to give up playing dead is dead... already on my third new world which brings me to

next: may i ask if you balanced your damage changes to a particular difficulty level? my skills are weak, so i only ever play at default.

and firstly, again let me thank you for your mod work for the community. you and your fellow modders really make a huge impact on our gaming goodness

Don't give up on "dead is dead!" That is a badge of honor, one I proudly wear no matter how many times I need to start a new world. Sure, it sucks when something unfair happens, a lag spike, etc. But, real life ain't fair either.

There are some mods that require that I decrease the starting difficulty (I like starting on survivalist, but some mods make that nearly impossible). So, I'll swallow a little pride, decrease the difficulty for the first day, then bump it back up on day 2 (or day three--depending on the mod and the random world). I'll even admit, there are some mods I just cannot play (e.g. Necropolis), but it just doesn't feel right to me to "respawn" after a death. I completely understand those who play that way, it is perfectly acceptable. But, I'm 1200+ hours in now, and I just can't do respawning. Of course, I love the new worlds and the joy of finding a great loot item on day 1, in a trash bin or random cabinent.

In other words, keep on keeping on friend!!!

Archived