[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Untill this latest patch, Its been as simple as clone/download zip from github, unzip them, drop them into the server folder, replacing files, same with the client side, so long as i had a vanilla install backed up and ready. It randomly changed as of this one, and i'm a bit confused as to why, feels like its missing assets now (least thats what the errors are hinting at) If you could point me into how to get the full error log, i'd be happy to share it with you. (I'm dumb, and havnt had any bugs LIKE this untill just now)

Nope. Still resets character as of Xyth's latest two patches.

Got to day 4, quit the game. Reloaded and was put at a random start point with no profession chosen. Map that I'd already explored still showing. No base made.

I've backed up my save file, but everytime I revert it resets again.

Is there any way I can carry on with my save some how? A link to a version before this started to happen?

If I reactivate my dedicated server and then copy my save to it will that work?

Nope. Still resets character as of Xyth's latest two patches.

Got to day 4, quit the game. Reloaded and was put at a random start point with no profession chosen. Map that I'd already explored still showing. No base made.

I've backed up my save file, but everytime I revert it resets again.

Is there any way I can carry on with my save some how? A link to a version before this started to happen?

If I reactivate my dedicated server and then copy my save to it will that work?

Try this: https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-SDX/tree/9e1a202afa5c750f41391f64e801b3856096a296

Download As Zip. It's the build from April 27th that seems to be pre-reset for some people.

Thanks a lot. It's no bother.

Absolutely no guarantee that you will find a version that won't kill your save though. What is corrupting the world /saves is still mired in mystery and not understood at all. Basically this is your only path, I believe, to try to recover.

Absolutely no guarantee that you will find a version that won't kill your save though. What is corrupting the world /saves is still mired in mystery and not understood at all. Basically this is your only path, I believe, to try to recover.

I fully understand that. I just want a version that won't reset without using my own server. The save is not important at all really. I'm just experimenting on cause or temporary solution.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I don't think Megacity is working properly on A15.x, and do not believe it has been added.

Do you think 7DTD Launcher could have borked it in there? It's dated 25/4.

Do you think 7DTD Launcher could have borked it in there? It's dated 25/4.

It'd be strange for it to do that, since each configuration you'd be playing has a download link. Some mods do have multiple download links, but not True Survival. It does seem like the launcher screwed something up, especially if the files are under TempMods.

You can delete TempMods manually, then re-sync, and see if it re-appears.

It'd be strange for it to do that, since each configuration you'd be playing has a download link. Some mods do have multiple download links, but not True Survival. It does seem like the launcher screwed something up, especially if the files are under TempMods.

You can delete TempMods manually, then re-sync, and see if it re-appears.

The only mod I've downloaded with 7DTD Launcher is True Survival. Megacity is in there. Prefabs and Biomes.

I'll delete and refresh. If it reappears I'll de a fresh install of the launcher and True Survival.

The only mod I've downloaded with 7DTD Launcher is True Survival. Megacity is in there. Prefabs and Biomes.

I'll delete and refresh. If it reappears I'll de a fresh install of the launcher and True Survival.

I just did a fresh sync, and I don't see references to Megacity. True Survival does add prefabs that likely exist inside of Megacity as well, but the entire megacity prefab pack should not be there.

If you have used another mod and added it to the steam directory and then used the Launcher to just clone your steam directory, it is going to clone over any and all mods you had there. You need to delete the mods from there before cloning or just use the download from steam option and not the clone from your harddrive option.

If you have used another mod and added it to the steam directory and then used the Launcher to just clone your steam directory, it is going to clone over any and all mods you had there. You need to delete the mods from there before cloning or just use the download from steam option and not the clone from your harddrive option.

I did a fresh steam install of the game before using 7DTD Launcher to clone my game. Also the date of Megacity being added is over a week after I installed True Survival. And it is inside the True Survival temp mod folder.

I deleted it and refreshed the mod and it never reappeared.

Just tried it for 5min

I spawn, I heard gunshoot, it was a NPC or bandits (?) shooting at a bear. Then I follow the guys, hit him with my hands, but he nevers answer. I just kill him and He has a M16 or something like that. Is it normal that he doesn't try to hit me ?

Ok, for those brave souls who are getting resets and want to try testing, I have something for you to try. Make a backup of your gamefiles and save files first. Seriously, do it. Then grab the client DLL from the April 15th build on github, found here: https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-SDX/blob/ae70392bfe7f6e39fdb6dd9aa014bd8c2af40bf2/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll

and copy it over the dll found in the test copy of your game. This is the client version of the DLL that preceded the version that coincided with the reports of resets. For the record, I am not suggesting that there is anything wrong with the subsequent DLLs, I'm just running out of XML changes to examine that might be exacerbating this vanilla bug.

Do not use this DLL on the server. That is a completely different DLL and must not be changed.

Let me know if you get any resets after using this DLL version. I think this one did not allow nerd-poling in debug mode, and may still have some extra exp at night, so be aware of that. If this resolves the issue we can push out a new DLL for all. If it doesn't, its back to hunting in the XML code.

Issue with game start

Hi,

Ok I have a stupid question or a weird issue. Well A friend does. We are looking at putting this on our server and we are all playing it stand alone to see how we like it. One of us seems to have some sort of crossover happening when it loads. I don't know if I ask you guys or the ones at Mod Launcher. It loads on his system as SDX, but only has six classes no weapon loads and log mentions both SDX and the JZMod.

We are at a bit of a loss at where to go with this one. We have removed and reinstalled everything 7D2D TS and ML and still have this issue. And he is the only one. Issue is on a new computer Windows 10. Almost exactly the same build as mine. I have no issues.

If someone could point us in the right direction and which hammer to use that would be more then welcome, BTW posted about this in the other TS thread confused it for the SDX. Sorry about that.

Thanks!!

Ric

Hey xyth

Have tested the DLL file and so far all is working

How I tested

In the town I live there is a building that has 5 metal desks, when I break into the room only 3 of the desks are searchable and 2 are not they do not even show the name and when I would log out and back in my character would be reset.

After swappinfg out the .DLL file now all 5 desks show a name and are all searchable and when I log out and in NO character reset. So all is good so far for me anyway, will let you know if that changes.

Hey xyth

Have tested the DLL file and so far all is working

How I tested

In the town I live there is a building that has 5 metal desks, when I break into the room only 3 of the desks are searchable and 2 are not they do not even show the name and when I would log out and back in my character would be reset.

After swappinfg out the .DLL file now all 5 desks show a name and are all searchable and when I log out and in NO character reset. So all is good so far for me anyway, will let you know if that changes.

Nice! Please keep testing, hopefully we can get a few more to test and see if there is a pattern.

Hi,

Ok I have a stupid question or a weird issue. Well A friend does. We are looking at putting this on our server and we are all playing it stand alone to see how we like it. One of us seems to have some sort of crossover happening when it loads. I don't know if I ask you guys or the ones at Mod Launcher. It loads on his system as SDX, but only has six classes no weapon loads and log mentions both SDX and the JZMod.

We are at a bit of a loss at where to go with this one. We have removed and reinstalled everything 7D2D TS and ML and still have this issue. And he is the only one. Issue is on a new computer Windows 10. Almost exactly the same build as mine. I have no issues.

If someone could point us in the right direction and which hammer to use that would be more then welcome, BTW posted about this in the other TS thread confused it for the SDX. Sorry about that.

Thanks!!

Ric

It's possible you have a mix of mods installed. If his steam folder previously had a mod installed, when you use the Mod Launcher's Copy From Steam folder option, that mod would get copied over.

He has two options to try to fix:

1) Delete the True Survival SDX mod, and re-create using the Download From Steam option. This will make sure it's a clean install.

2) Delete the 7 Days To Die folder in his Steam folder, then re-validate through Steam. Then use the Launcher to re-create the True Survival SDX mod

It's possible you have a mix of mods installed. If his steam folder previously had a mod installed, when you use the Mod Launcher's Copy From Steam folder option, that mod would get copied over.

He has two options to try to fix:

1) Delete the True Survival SDX mod, and re-create using the Download From Steam option. This will make sure it's a clean install.

2) Delete the 7 Days To Die folder in his Steam folder, then re-validate through Steam. Then use the Launcher to re-create the True Survival SDX mod

We had done this a few times. Not really sure what had been happening. We had him not install in a custom location. Each time re-validate always came back clean. He had everything exactly the same as we do. It was odd to say the least. Was about to give up last night we did it one move time for the hell of it. Exactly the same again re-validated again same steps same everything nothing changed. This time it worked.

Now having worked in IT for over 20 years I can say say stupid computers. This is a new computer it's clean I think TS is the only mod at this time with 7D2D one of two Steam games on right now. His system is two weeks older than mine right now and has not had time to really mess with it. It was just buggy weirdness.

As well all is good now thanks sphereii not sure why on the 8th try it worked, but we will not worry toomuch on that. :very_drunk:

Archived